Buffet!

kathfish42364

Earning My Ears
Headed to Universal this March!
Have not been in quite awhile, kids are teenagers now and we definitely want to check out buffets....

I'm in the early stages of planning and haven't got a lot of info yet... any recommendations?

TIA!

Well, as far as breakfast buffets go, we have been to both HRH (The Kitchen) and RPR (Islands), and we love them both. Basically, the same thing at each place. In fact, it is hard to think of a breakfast food not represented on the buffets. They run just over $20 per person, and include all drinks. Omelette stations, breakfast meats, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal and grits, sweets (french toast/pancakes), potatoes, fruit, yogurt, doughnuts/pastries, etc. We load up on this in the morning, have some snacks in the parks (always room left for the Big Pink and some Butterbeer), then eat dinner at CityWalk/Hotels/Favorite Park Restaurants.

For a family of 4 - I budget between $100 - $120 based on the waiter/waitress. As with any restaurant - some are great and some are just OK. Our family tends to overdo the breakfast drinks (OJ/Coffee/Choc Milk), and that matters to us. I will gladly throw in an extra $20 if our glasses never empty. Plus, if you go daily like we do on an 8 night stay - the good ones tend to remember you, and that is a great feeling.

I do believe PBH has basically the same thing at Trattoria, but we have never eaten there. I know RPR has a few morning with character interactions - its the same buffet, plus a few dollars more. I know they are teenagers - but I would recommend - all of the characters are very fun!

I do believe PBH has basically the same thing at Trattoria, but we have never eaten there. I know RPR has a few morning with character interactions - its the same buffet, plus a few dollars more. I know they are teenagers - but I would recommend - all of the characters are very fun!

Indeed they do, and it's very good! The price point is much lower than disney buffets, more in line with what we'd see here (Chicago area) locally. There was a ton of selection, great looking desserts and pastries, and best of all zero wait.

i always do the breakfast buffet at rpr.
i always start at the eggs made to order station
then hit the buffet section.

rpr allows the aph discount for the breakfast.

hrh breakfast buffet is quite similar to Islands at rpr.

nice feature at hrh is the outdoor patio seating.
servers tend to all guest that prefer to sit there.

when i stayed at hrh, always did their breakfast buffet..

moved over to rpr and now dine there more

Great info, thank you! I do remember doing RP last visit, years ago! I think we will stick with that one. We are staying at CBR this this trip, but imagine it would be easy enough to get to RPR

Not a bad walk from Cbay to rpr for Islands dining room

That walk in the morning will give you more of an appetite!
What is "Not a bad walk"? Like, how many minutes do you think. And is the way clearly labeled?

We walked from CBR to RPR for sushi last month 10 mins sounds about right. I actually started a timer on my phone each way but always forget to check it when we get there. :)

Path is easy to find, from CBR it starts at the corner of Hollywood way and Adventure Way. Pick up the path from the CBR parking lot. You will see the walking bridge that crosses over Adventure Way. Then just follow path to RPR.

This thread has a Touring Plans video which shows the walk from CBR. They went all the way to the CW entrance and the video is less than 13 mins. If you are staying on the VB end of CBR add a few mins to get to the trailhead.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/walk-from-cabana-bay-to-parks.3380141/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter