• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buffet but NO characters

I loved Biergarten. I can't believe it took me decades to find that one and when I finally went there was like "where have you been all of my (disney) life???"

Also Boma is excellent.

We did brunch at trail's end and honestly I don't know what the hype is about. The food was nasty. It was not crowded so it either was not turning over quickly or trays sat empty without being replenished, all of the sauces they have to put on things are super watery so they get all over your entire plate and the food temperature was not good at all. I would not go to such an out of the way place for a buffet again, a decent buffet relies on good turnover of food - if stuff sits and sits it will not be great.

Captain's Grill is on my list for breakfast buffet, as is the breakfast at the Wave - I have had the sweet potato pancakes at room service and they were delicious.

THANK YOU! This is MTE, but everyone I know raves about this place! I went for dinner once with my family and once for breakfast on my CP (everyone who does the DCP raves about this place), and I was disappointed both times. Everyone in my party enjoyed it both times... I thought I was going crazy!

THANK YOU! This is MTE, but everyone I know raves about this place! I went for dinner once with my family and once for breakfast on my CP (everyone who does the DCP raves about this place), and I was disappointed both times. Everyone in my party enjoyed it both times... I thought I was going crazy!

the only thing I liked was the fried chicken and they only put one breast out per platter so I had to wait for the whole platter to turn over before getting one for me (of course I gave the first to my kiddo). second platter only had one too and I had to knock over a kid to grab it (settle down folks, just kidding. it wasn't that crowded, but I was surprised there was only one). I could have gotten a fried chicken meal at PJs for about 1/3 the cost of the buffet and been happier. Also I can't deal with Disney poached eggs, I like a runny yolk but they all seem to have translucent whites, which grosses me out (this was not unique to Trail's End). I did also like the thick cut bacon which reviewers tend not to like but I did... but only so much pork fat one person can eat. But everything else was pretty soso to me.

Boma for either meal and Trail’s End Buffet for breakfast. Even though this is not a buffet they have platters at Whispering Canyon plus an a la carts menu.

Trails End is easy to get to if you take the boat to FW from the MK boat dock. Otherwise it is tricky to get to and requires a transfer to the internal bus at Fort Wilderness.

Another vote for Boma. Although we're not really big on buffets (and we've not been a long while), we loved the buffet breakfast at Fresh Mediterranean Market (over at the Dolphin). We wound up going there on multiple trips -- and that's saying a lot from non-buffet people. The fresh pressed juices always seemed to hit the spot on those sweltering Florida mid-mornings.

It kinda depends on what you’re looking for. I love Cape May dinner for seafood, and I love Trails End for comfort food. Biergarten and Boma are both excellent choices for both familiar food and more “exotic” options.

Hi All,

What buffets would you recommend that don't have characters?

Any cuisine of food for 2 adults. I just feel like I can't relax and I'm waiting for a character to appear with my mouth half full of food so would prefer to do one without haha

I'll admit that I'm not a fan of buffet restaurants in general or specifically at Disney; too many carbs that are not a part of my life diet.

That being said I do enjoy the buffet portion of service at CG whether with or w/o children in tow.

Biergarten at Epcot. If you like seafood, definitely Cape May Cafe! That one of our favorites!

I loved Biergarten. I can't believe it took me decades to find that one and when I finally went there was like "where have you been all of my (disney) life???"

Also Boma is excellent.

We did brunch at trail's end and honestly I don't know what the hype is about. The food was nasty. It was not crowded so it either was not turning over quickly or trays sat empty without being replenished, all of the sauces they have to put on things are super watery so they get all over your entire plate and the food temperature was not good at all. I would not go to such an out of the way place for a buffet again, a decent buffet relies on good turnover of food - if stuff sits and sits it will not be great.

Captain's Grill is on my list for breakfast buffet, as is the breakfast at the Wave - I have had the sweet potato pancakes at room service and they were delicious.
Agree! We did NOT LIKE Trails End! I was not impressed with the staff and the food was poor!

I'd go with Boma. You can easily take a bus to a park then to AKL or you can also get a Minnie Van. (which of course is not free but it's super convenient) Dinner is delicious and even my husband, a meat and potatoes guy who tends to steer away from things that he things might be "exotic" really likes Boma.

My husband really likes Biergarten but no one else in our family really loves it. I can eat it and the entertainment is fun. But it's a lot of meat and carbs and mediocre desserts.

We really enjoyed The Wave's breakfast buffet. We tried Biergarten and the food was edible. Not great, except for the blueberry compote. My, then, 9 y/o had the little cups stacked like shot glasses at a 21st birthday party. The meats/salmon were dry. The sides were okay. The beer is good :) We tried Trail's End last trip and it wasn't fun. First, a huge thunderstorm rolled in right after check in. Well, that meant none of the diners were interested in making their way to the bus depot so we waited for a VERY long time to be called. The bathroom isn't in the restaurant, you have to hightail it to another building. Not great when it's raining so hard you can barely see where you're going! The food was okay and the line for the fried chicken never decreased. I think I stood there for two pans worth before making my way to get a piece. It wasn't worth the wait. I know the storm, which lasted for hours, played a part in our lackluster evening. Removing that isn't enough to put it on our "go again" list.
We're trying Boma for our departure day breakfast on our upcoming trip. We might even try for a dinner ADR since we're staying at AKL!

My best "buffet" experience at WDW is CG's Sunday morning offering. Our service wasn't great but the food was. I'd go again in a heartbeat, if it was in my budget.

I'll elaborate about Biergarten - it's very much a meat place. Guys tend to love it - meat & beer! They have sausages, schnitzel, sausages, sauerbraten, sausages, chicken, sausages...oh, and did I mention the sausages? ;) Couple it with hearty potato salads and spaetzle, and you've got quite a meal. There are some salads and vegetables, but who really cares about those (other than the sausage salad - yes they have one)? They have some good deserts too! The show is also a lot of fun and the atmosphere is lively.

The only negative I might have is that is a tad dark and it's multi-level so there are lots of steps depending on where you are sitting. Also, please remember the communal seating. Other parties will be seated at your table. Some people like this and others do not. It's part of the deal though. Personally, I enjoy it.
Haha, so just to elaborate, they have … sausages? :rotfl:

To be honest, it sounds right up our alley so I'm going to give this a go. So many people have had good things to say so why not. I'm a talker, always have been and always will be. Not a weirdo where I'll just buy into someone's conversations but I'll definitely say hi and make light chit chat if they give it back so the communal seating is absolutely fine for me. My partner on the other hand will probably be stuffing his face to notice.

Thanks again :thumbsup2

Easy is relative. Two options: bus directly to MK, then boat to Fort Wilderness; or, drive to FW then take the internal bus to Pioneer Hall.

Primarily table service, with option for breakfast/brunch buffet.
Brilliant, thanks for the advice! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter