Budgeting at Universal

robl45

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a suggestion for an app or something to keep track of what we are spending at Universal? On previous Disney trips we always had the dining plan so it was basically pay for a couple of souvenirs. With us paying for food and everything, it gets very easy to just charge everything to the room and go over budget so I'd like to have some way to know I'm staying somewhere close to budget.

Look at damo’s food/menu sticky
Prices are included in it

Get a tentative plan of what you would order
Buy gift cards for that amount of food you would buy and use them for all food and snacks

Keep your food budget at this pre set up #

If you go over the amount of gift cards, use cash or charge back to your room

Unfortunately, gift cards wouldn't work as we could end up dramatically under that number and we will be eating off site at least a couple of days. I'm just looking for some type of app or something where you just keep inputting what you spent at each time to bascially just keep a running total.

I don’t know Universal app, but maybe keep track in your “notes” app on your phone?
I use that all the time!

I simply charge every thing to my cc and check the balance on the phone app.

I used to put cash into envelops for each day. When the cash ran out, we were thru spending for that day. if there was cash left over, it went into the next days envelope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter