Bucket list-going first week of April-do we wait to book?

auteur55

Mouseketeer
We've dreamed for many years to go to Auhlani and spend a week, it always seemed to be unrealistic once you added plane tickets. Well you only live once and we think we can make it work next Spring Break first week of April. Obviously I'm trying to get it all planned out now. I have two kids 9 and 12 and we know Disneyland/Disneyworld/Disneycruise like the back of our hand but know nothing about Auhlani. Is it better to book way ahead or are there discounted rooms/specials announced closer to the date?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Not sure about discounts/specials. I would book early, if the price goes down you can always get it adjusted direct with Disney. Another option, may want to look into renting DVC points. Happy planning, Aulani is beautiful!!

I have never seen an advantage to waiting to book when it comes to Aulani. Look into renting DVC points now. That is the least expensive way to go - even after promotions are announced. If you book on cash, check rates every week or so - if something better comes out, you should be able to rebook under the lower rates. If you will be doing a cash reservation, check Costco - their package with a rental car was a little less than booking hotel and car separately.

My guess is that there will be no discounts/promotions offered over Spring Break. That's a peak travel time and to my knowledge, the few times they've run promotions it's been for off-peak times like September. I agree with renting points - this worked well for us and saved a ton. Just be mindful of the caveats when it comes to point rental.

Book it. I doubt there will be any discount for that spring break time period, and if there was, you could always call them to try to apply it, or cancel and re-book. Better to book now than to wait and find out the rooms are all gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter