Brooklynn takes Bella to meet Cinderella! Page 242 Downtown Disney

I think it is just a man thing. I guess you just have to take the bad with the good, but when it's time for the bad, they can really be kind of jerky. Jill and I had been so excited about the four parks birthday deal, and he was just standing there calling it stupid. I wouldn't have dreamed of calling any of his birthday plans stupid, even if I thought they were. It pretty much hurt my feelings, and I was just wishing he would go on back to the room. He got over it pretty quickly, though, once he cooled down. He can't take the heat. After that, I don't remember any incidents for the rest of the day, so it was all good.

:hug:

She's a good conversationalist and very inquisitive.

That's what teachers write to parents on report cards. The translation is 'Your child talks too much and asks too many questions'! :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

By the way...our pic from our meet is up on my PTR now!

Memom,

I enjoyed your Disney Store pictures, your thanksgiving pictures, and your latest update. Sorry some of your excitement got dampened by a grumpy for a few minutes. I have been known to have grumpy times myself, so I can't say much about someone else. But, I do think your birthday celebration was a great idea.

I wanted to tell you that I really do not know how you made it with all the pain you were having. We just got back from WDW a couple weeks ago. I started having back pain about a month before our trip that continued through our entire trip. It was SO hard to go for a week at Disney World and I am only 35. I admire your ability to just keep going.

We did have a great trip however. My brother from Texas and my parents from Louisianna met us there and it was great to all be together. I think we may have talked my brother into doing it again next year. He can be rather tight with his money, unless it is something HE really wants.

My family of four arrived one day before the rest of my family and were at rope drop at MK the first morning. We actually got to ride on the first Dumbo of the day. I thought about you, Jill, Brooklynn, and Bella when we made it. After the rest of my family showed up the rope drop never happened again. But, that is fine. We had a great time together.

Sorry you had rain on your birthday parade. Thankfully it didn't last long! I think a lot of us have felt that from time to time.

The girls look so nice at the Bech Club. It's another on my "someday" list

Thanks. The rest of the day went pretty smoothly, as well as I can remember. I guess just looking back on it, it bothered me more than I thought. I didn't say a word, as I never do when things bother me, and then I guess it just comes to the surface later. It's all cool now, though.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

By the way...our pic from our meet is up on my PTR now!

I saw it.

We'll do another one in June 2010. :)

Hey MeMom and Jill! I just started a TR for my upcoming trip since we leave in 10 days! If you get a chance, come on by!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2333823

Thanks!! :)

I will do that this evening. :goodvibes

Memom,

I enjoyed your Disney Store pictures, your thanksgiving pictures, and your latest update. Sorry some of your excitement got dampened by a grumpy for a few minutes. I have been known to have grumpy times myself, so I can't say much about someone else. But, I do think your birthday celebration was a great idea.

I wanted to tell you that I really do not know how you made it with all the pain you were having. We just got back from WDW a couple weeks ago. I started having back pain about a month before our trip that continued through our entire trip. It was SO hard to go for a week at Disney World and I am only 35. I admire your ability to just keep going.

We did have a great trip however. My brother from Texas and my parents from Louisianna met us there and it was great to all be together. I think we may have talked my brother into doing it again next year. He can be rather tight with his money, unless it is something HE really wants.

My family of four arrived one day before the rest of my family and were at rope drop at MK the first morning. We actually got to ride on the first Dumbo of the day. I thought about you, Jill, Brooklynn, and Bella when we made it. After the rest of my family showed up the rope drop never happened again. But, that is fine. We had a great time together.

It was very painful at times, but I just love being at Disney World so much that I kept going. I'm sure it was the wrong thing to do, but when it comes to all things Disney, I don't always do the right thing. ;)

We have our routine at rope drop, and Dumbo is always first. :) I know you guys had a great time, but I am sorry you were in pain. It really is aggravating to want to go full speed and not be able to.

Sorry you had rain on your birthday parade. Thankfully it didn't last long! I think a lot of us have felt that from time to time.

The girls look so nice at the Bech Club. It's another on my "someday" list

I think it would be awesome to walk in and out of Epcot at will, and I think it be super awesome to leave after Illuminations and be home in five minutes without having to be in the crowd and wait for a bus.

Is Sailor Mickey as cute in person as he is online?

Thanks for the pumpkin dessert recipe -- I think I will be making that next week. :goodvibes

Wigd's Beach Club always looks so peaceful and relaxing, and Brooklyn and Bella look absolutely perfect there!!!

I've been :sick: for a few days now, sigh....it's nice to come on here and see those sweet little girl smiles.That's the best pic of them!

Beach Club views are breathtaking....like a postcard.

I spent some time this afternoon making some changes to our ADR's.

What else is there to do when your lying in bed....trying to ignore how bad you feel? Disney to the rescue...;) (okay, truth be told I still feel crummy)

I decided to arrive a day earlier for our trip. :thumbsup2

*I booked Chef Mickey's for diner Friday night.
*Changed Cape May breakfast to Saturday.
*Added Sci Fi lunch to Monday.
*Just had to book Kona for diner, after your glowing reviews.

So the only place left on my 'short list' that I want try is Garden Grill. I'll have to save it for next time. :goodvibes

Very cute Sailor Mickey! Another store we don't have here....Macy's :sad2:

nowellsl I love all your treasures, especially that Dooney & Burke wristlet!! Lucky girl!!! :woohoo:
I would definetely buy thoses cassarole dishes too!

Is Sailor Mickey as cute in person as he is online?

Thanks for the pumpkin dessert recipe -- I think I will be making that next week. :goodvibes

Wigd's Beach Club always looks so peaceful and relaxing, and Brooklyn and Bella look absolutely perfect there!!!

Pretty cute. I'll take a picture later and post it.

I'm headed home to bake right now for Friday morning. I got to enjoy someone else's baking today, as we were served a nice lunch by the PTA. :)

I know they will love the pool when we are able to stay there. :dance3:

I've been :sick: for a few days now, sigh....it's nice to come on here and see those sweet little girl smiles.That's the best pic of them!

Beach Club views are breathtaking....like a postcard.

I spent some time this afternoon making some changes to our ADR's.

What else is there to do when your lying in bed....trying to ignore how bad you feel? Disney to the rescue...;) (okay, truth be told I still feel crummy)

I decided to arrive a day earlier for our trip. :thumbsup2

*I booked Chef Mickey's for diner Friday night.
*Changed Cape May breakfast to Saturday.
*Added Sci Fi lunch to Monday.
*Just had to book Kona for diner, after your glowing reviews.

So the only place left on my 'short list' that I want try is Garden Grill. I'll have to save it for next time. :goodvibes

Very cute Sailor Mickey! Another store we don't have here....Macy's :sad2:

nowellsl I love all your treasures, especially that Dooney & Burke wristlet!! Lucky girl!!! :woohoo:
I would definetely buy thoses cassarole dishes too!

I hope you feel better soon.

Chef Mickey's and Cape May - yay! :yay: :yay:
I hope you enjoy Kona as much as we did. We will be enjoying it again on NYE! :woohoo:

You need to move down here where we have stores. :laughing:

Very exciting!
Did you check out the DISign board for t-shirt stuff?

not yet...i need to get working on that as I want to have some tshirts made by xmas because that will probably be the last time i see my nephew before our trip!

Maybe they should all form a 'he-man woman-haters club'. :laughing: When they get aggravated, they can just meet and take out their frustrations on each other instead of the women in their lives. ;)

thats what my mom calls the place where my dad and his guy friends hang out! lol!

:rotfl: Trust me....I would move my whole family back down south if I could. ;)

Closer to WDW, great shopping, great restaurants, no snow, sweet smells of wisteria....and best of all MeMom. How tempting!

It's a real shame I need to work for a living and I'm partial to our FREE health care. :laughing:

You can count on me being one of those "snowbirds" going south for the winter when I'm retired! :thumbsup2

Until then I'll be happy just visiting....:cloud9:

Lexi was so thrilled when I told her about the new ADR's. Her reaction...:woohoo:

I was able to get one for T-Rex too! (she hasn't forgotten about Build a Dino :))

She still talks about your pics of T-Rex/ Build a Dino & the Pokemon at Japan.

I just saw an ad for the Gingerbread shake @ Red Robin. You'll have to try it and let me know if it's as good as it looks. :goodvibes

Yayyyy Erica! I haven't emailed you back yet, so sorry but we're getting so close!! :woohoo:

HEY!! :wave2:

9 sleeps for me now!!! :banana::dance3::woohoo::yay::dance3:

Got my
2.gif
documents
2.gif
from Dawn today and there was SUCH wonderful things in there!! If anyone needs to book a trip I would HIGHLY suggest going through her!!! :thumbsup2

It's just a nice way to kill a couple of hours, and it gives me a chance to walk a little.

I wish Dollywood was going to be open in March, because my spring break issue would be completely solved.

It is a great place to walk :rolleyes:....usually if I go it's on a Wednesday afternoon so it's not very crowded. I went a few Sunday's ago....HOLY COW!!! Christmas has started :eek:

I really can't believe Dollywood isn't open in March....that's crazy :confused3

Guess you just have to take that trip to WDW :upsidedow

I think men might have the "grumpy pill" automatically programmed into their bodies to just act up at any random time. Can't hold it against them since it's in their genes :rolleyes1 :laughing:

I AGREE!!! :rotfl:

I'm sorry Memom that happened :hug:....that's why from time to time we love our girls trips right!! :rolleyes1 :laughing:

A few visitors who ate with us.

IMG_1750.jpg

I should have come crashed the party!! I know where you live :laughing: All looks VERY yummy!!!! Glad you had a great time :goodvibes

Brooklynn was one of the last names on the list and next to her name was written three words - my Baby Bella. It brings tears to my eyes knowing that she loves her so much that she is more thankful for her than any toy she owns.

What a wonderful, sweet little girl! :lovestruc

Playing catch up again....

Yeah, that steak is great! Maybe when you guys get to Poly you can text me and just meet me at the entrance to Kona. Then I can let you know how our time is going at that point. Where we sat for Fourth of July fireworks was perfect. Maybe we'll just go put a blanket and a big LGMH down before we go to eat. ;) Wonder if anyone would snatch it? :laughing:

What time is your ADR again? 7:15? I'm thinkin' maybe Joe and I could head over early to meet you before your ADR so you can show us the spot - then our in-laws can meet up with us later. We only have a breakfast ADR that day. We could eat at Cap'n Cooks and relax on the beach together...then we don't have to worry about missing out on the spot, or someone swiping a blanket and a giant LGMH. I bet someone would swipe the LGMH before the blanket! :laughing:

Mmmmm! The food looks delicious! Sounds like a very successful Not-Thanksgiving-Day-Thanksgiving. ;)

Love the presents for the girls too! Do you have any hints/ideas for something I could pick up for them as well? Something you know they aren't going to get for Christmas?

The kids were all thankful for candy and toys and cars and things that are very important when you are 3. Brooklynn was one of the last names on the list and next to her name was written three words - my Baby Bella. It brings tears to my eyes knowing that she loves her so much that she is more thankful for her than any toy she owns.

This brought tears to my eyes! So incredibly sweet. :lovestruc

Pumpkin Dessert

Set aside 1 cup of a yellow cake mix. Add the rest of the mix, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 egg. Press that into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. I sprayed it with PAM first.

Mix a 29 oz. can of pumpkin, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup milk, and 2 eggs. Spread that over the top of the cake layer.

Mix the 1 cup reserved cake mix, 1/2 cup sugar, and 4 T. butter until crumbly and spread on top. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.

You can play with this to suit your tastes. I bought the pumpkin butter at Williams-Sonoma and added it to the can of pumpkin I had already bought. I used half of that for the one on Sunday, and froze the rest to use for the one I will make Thursday night. I will add pecans to the one I make this week. I used half & half instead of milk, too, just because I had it. I have seen a few recipes for it. It is good.

Sounds so good! I copied that recipe into my notes! I just might bring this along with me for the holidays this year!

Did you realize you snapped another picture of the bracelets you wanted? :laughing: I end doing that too. Did you ever buy them?

Love the picture of the girls! I showed Henry them again, and told them their names, had him repeat them after me. Brooklynn is "Bro" and Bella is "Be" ;) We'll have to keep working on them. I told him we will be meeting them at Mickey Mouse's House, he's pretty excited!

Sorry about Mr. Grumps at DHS. I'm very sad to hear he called your birthday plans stupid and it hurt your feelings...:hug::hug::hug: I'm glad he was doing better after the ride, and for the rest of the day and didn't damper the day too much.

We saw them at a few places (except World of Disney of course, cause I could have used my passholder discount) I ended up getting them at the little kitchen store next to Earl of Sandwich. Sorry, I can't remember the name. The big one was $18.95, the little one was $14.95. I thought that was reasonable. Our intention is to mold rice crispy treats in them (like the ones at Main Street bakery). Needless to say, I had no problem using up my birthday gift card this trip. I bought the gift card with the pin to use on our trip in Dec. I'm hoping some of the Christmas stuff is on sale then. Last year when I went the ornaments were 50% off.

That is a great price for those! They are adorable, I like your idea of the giant rice krispies too. :thumbsup2

Two happy little girls pretending that they belong at wigd's place. :)

IMG_0458.jpg

Another sweet picture of your two girls :flower3:

Love seeing the pictures- I have never been to the Beach Club before, so this is really fun to get a glimpse!

Your Beach Club pics brought back some really happy memories; thanks! Sorry about the grumpiness in line at the GMR, but I'm glad it passed quickly and the rest of the day was better!

not yet...i need to get working on that as I want to have some tshirts made by xmas because that will probably be the last time i see my nephew before our trip!

thats what my mom calls the place where my dad and his guy friends hang out! lol!

They have some neat stuff. Maybe you'll find just what you are looking for. :)

I think men don't think when it comes to women. They get aggravated or mad, say what the feel, then get over it. Woman harbor their hurt, and I do think they are more cautious with what they say out loud to others in spite of what they are feeling inside. A man is over things in ten minutes that it would take a woman ten months to get over...if ever.;)

:rotfl: Trust me....I would move my whole family back down south if I could.

Closer to WDW, great shopping, great restaurants, no snow, sweet smells of wisteria....and best of all MeMom. How tempting!

It's a real shame I need to work for a living and I'm partial to our FREE health care.

You can count on me being one of those "snowbirds" going south for the winter when I'm retired!

Until then I'll be happy just visiting....

Lexi was so thrilled when I told her about the new ADR's. Her reaction...

I was able to get one for T-Rex too! (she hasn't forgotten about Build a Dino :))

She still talks about your pics of T-Rex/ Build a Dino & the Pokemon at Japan.

I just saw an ad for the Gingerbread shake @ Red Robin. You'll have to try it and let me know if it's as good as it looks.

Closer to WDW would be great! :yay:

We want to do T-Rex, too. I figured when Brooklynn rides Dinosaur for the first time, she should do a Build-a-Dino to celebrate. :goodvibes

I'm not big on gingerbread, although I have had a few pieces I have liked through the years. Drew likes things like that, so I'll tell him to give it a try if he's in Red Robin during the holidays.

I'll be glad to mail you one so that you can try it for yourself, if you'd like. :)

HEY!!

9 sleeps for me now!!!

It is a great place to walk ...usually if I go it's on a Wednesday afternoon so it's not very crowded. I went a few Sunday's ago....HOLY COW!!! Christmas has started

I really can't believe Dollywood isn't open in March....that's crazy :confused3

Guess you just have to take that trip to WDW :upsidedow

I AGREE!!! :rotfl:

I'm sorry Memom that happened :hug:....that's why from time to time we love our girls trips right!!

I should have come crashed the party!! I know where you live :laughing: All looks VERY yummy!!!! Glad you had a great time :goodvibes

Jill and I talked about you this weekend - about how excited you must be to be seeing your castle all lit up in icicles again very soon.

I'm looking for things to do around here during spring break. We could go to the zoo and maybe up to the Family Fun Center. If I can spend some good time with Brooklynn that week, I might be able to talk myself out of spending more money than I should by going to Disney World.

Kay and I have talked about a two night/one park trip, though. We'd leave on Tuesday morning, probably go over to AKL to see animals, eat, and shop, then do some more resort hopping and watch Wishes and EWP at Poly. Then we'd spend the one full day at a park, most likely Epcot for F&G stuff, ending the day with Illuminations. The third day would just be going to DTD and staying until it was time to go back to Pop and be picked up by ME. Going only to one park, she wouldn't be paying that much, and money is a big factor. I'd be very happy doing that short trip and then going to AL on Friday to spend time with the girls or having them come up here to do the zoo and fun center stuff. It's all totally 'iffy' right now. I wish so much that Dollywood would be open in March, but all my wishing will not make it so. I'd really love it if we could go over there. I know I will be yearning for something fun on spring break, but I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

We do love our girl trips. Things go very smoothly and drama-free. We laugh so much, too. When she is ready, I want to take Jill on a grown-up trip, too. I think she would really enjoy that. It might be nice for us to just go down early one time, say two days, and then let the guys come with the little girls and have our normal big family trip. That way the girls wouldn't be left at home, but would just be coming later.

Well, if you don't mind paper plates, come any time. :)

What a wonderful, sweet little girl! :lovestruc

Isn't she? I love her sweet little heart.

Playing catch up again....

What time is your ADR again? 7:15? I'm thinkin' maybe Joe and I could head over early to meet you before your ADR so you can show us the spot - then our in-laws can meet up with us later. We only have a breakfast ADR that day. We could eat at Cap'n Cooks and relax on the beach together...then we don't have to worry about missing out on the spot, or someone swiping a blanket and a giant LGMH. I bet someone would swipe the LGMH before the blanket!

Mmmmm! The food looks delicious! Sounds like a very successful Not-Thanksgiving-Day-Thanksgiving. ;)

Love the presents for the girls too! Do you have any hints/ideas for something I could pick up for them as well? Something you know they aren't going to get for Christmas?

This brought tears to my eyes! So incredibly sweet. :lovestruc

Sounds so good! I copied that recipe into my notes! I just might bring this along with me for the holidays this year!

Did you realize you snapped another picture of the bracelets you wanted? :laughing: I end doing that too. Did you ever buy them?

Love the picture of the girls! I showed Henry them again, and told them their names, had him repeat them after me. Brooklynn is "Bro" and Bella is "Be" ;) We'll have to keep working on them. I told him we will be meeting them at Mickey Mouse's House, he's pretty excited!

Sorry about Mr. Grumps at DHS. I'm very sad to hear he called your birthday plans stupid and it hurt your feelings...:hug::hug::hug: I'm glad he was doing better after the ride, and for the rest of the day and didn't damper the day too much.

That is a great price for those! They are adorable, I like your idea of the giant rice krispies too. :thumbsup2

I think Kona is 8:15. Coming by there might be a very good idea.

I never bought a bracelet, because I wouldn't wear it, but I do think they are very cute. The only jewelry I wear is earrings, so I like to get a new pair every once in a while.

I love the giant rice krispy idea, too, and am really hoping they still have those in December. ::yes::

We can't wait to meet Henry, too! As for something for the girls, heaven only knows. Maybe a coloring book for Brooklynn or cheap jewelry or make-up. Bella - a plastic wrapper she can crinkle and chew on. :laughing:

I think men don't think when it comes to women. They get aggravated or mad, say what the feel, then get over it. Woman harbor their hurt, and I do think they are more cautious with what they say out loud to others in spite of what they are feeling inside. A man is over things in ten minutes that it would take a woman ten months to get over...if ever.;)

I agree with this - I also think women tend to take those little comments personally, when they probably weren't meant that way - someone just wanted to whine and pout :goodvibes and all of a sudden you think it's your fault! My DD is good at that. I just ask her if she wants a little cheese with that whine and she usually snaps out of it....either that or I feed her something, that usually improves her mood! :thumbsup2

I'm a little late to your report. We leave in just a few short days, so I have been going through trippies with my girls!

They love all your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

You all are a beautiful family!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter