Brooklynn takes Bella to meet Cinderella! Page 242 Downtown Disney

Here are the very few pictures I have from our 'Sunday afternoon not really Thanksgiving but that's totally cool with us' dinner.

Pumpkin dessert, pecan pie, and strawberry cake.

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

Did you notice the paper plate on the floor? That's where I was sneaking Ben some scraps of turkey while I was cooking. He just sat and stared at me for so long and didn't bark, cry, or beg. He was such a good boy, I thought he deserved a reward. :)

A few visitors who ate with us.

IMG_1750.jpg

I didn't remember I had another set of Mickey/Minnie cousins until I got into the Thanksgiving tub later. They're sitting out now, too.

The apple pie joins the pecan pie.

IMG_1751.jpg

Some of the gifts I will be giving Brooklynn and Bella for Christmas.

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

The cute stockings I got them at Target.

IMG_1755.jpg

Sorry I didn't take a lot of pictures. I was busy in the kitchen and then everyone gobbled up the food so fast, and I just was more focused on talking and all that I didn't think much about a bunch of pictures. You saw our fancy paper plates, so you can tell there wasn't much exciting to see. :laughing:

Pumpkin dessert, pecan pie, and strawberry cake.

Yum! We always have pecan pie, too. My in-laws think it's very strange, but my mom has always made them for Thanksgiving.

Did you notice the paper plate on the floor? That's where I was sneaking Ben some scraps of turkey while I was cooking. He just sat and stared at me for so long and didn't bark, cry, or beg. He was such a good boy, I thought he deserved a reward. :)

I like to reward my dog for not begging, too, but I can't let Tom see. :rolleyes1

Mmmm...I'd like to have a slice of that apple pie right now!

You saw our fancy paper plates, so you can tell there wasn't much exciting to see. :laughing:

I love how homey and comfortable your parties are!

Your not Thanksgiving food looks wonderful! I like your Thanksgiving Mickey and Minnie, everything is so festive.

Hellooooooooo! :wave2: We just got back and we are soooooo pooped! And I survived my flights with no emotional meltdowns. :lmao: I DO NOT LIKE FLYING AT ALL, but it was nice to be there in 1 hr. & 20 min.

We had the most fabulous time ever!! So many wonderful memories! The weather was heavenly........ no humidity or rain for 10 days and temps were around 75 everyday except one! :cloud9: We did lots of new stuff and loved it all. I'm already having withdrawals!! :sad1:

I have lots of catching up to do here. It's going to take me a while since I now have 5 loads of laundry waiting on me and NOTHING in the fridge at all (meaning a very long, expensive grocery store trip is looming)! But I will catch up soon on your TR.

I've read so many TRs already that now I can't remember if you guys have ever gone to Mickey's Backyard BBQ or not............... but if not, you should. It was the most wonderful experience. Granted, we went in Nov. and crowds were light. It may not be so magical with summer crowds and heat. But seeing my DD dance with those characters (and her Daddy......... he's a character in his own right though) was just precious. The Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise was also FANTASTIC! I just can't say enough about either of those events.

Anyway, can't wait to get back in the know on your TR!!! I'm off to read until my body and brain shut down on me!:rotfl:

Hi MeMom, Your Thanksgiving dinner looks so very delicious! I'm sure you are enjoying it again this evening.
Baylor and I made pizza, I do the dough and sauce then he adds the toppings. It will be good but not nearly as good as Thanksgiving leftovers.....

Mmmm, I :lovestruc Thanksgiving food! Which reminds me, I have to tell you because I know you would appreciate it, but today Connor started ranting about how no one pays any attention to Thanksgiving -- "people just go from Halloween to Christmas and poor Thanksgiving doesn't get any recognition" were his exact words, I believe. He was quite fired up about it. :lmao:

Oh, and I like the look of that pumpkin dessert. How do you make it?

We have pecan pie on Thanksgiving too!!
O.k., since you asked about Mexico, I'll tell you some of the high points. I took my oldest DD18 and we stayed with my DSIL and her family for 3 days, they all left except her and so it was us 3 for 4 full days. We took a ferry to Cozumel, and while on the way Dolphins played in the water next to the ferry! Amazing! We rented mopeds, my my DSIL couldn't drive hers, so we were offered a "Mexican Lexus" for the same price. It was a 70's VW bug convertable with holes in the floor boards. We drove south out of the city and around to the Caribbean Sea side of Cozumel and stopped at THE most remote and GORGEOUS beaches I have ever seen! We were able to see baby sea turtles who were being taken care of by a wildlife worker, taking care of the nests. The things we saw truly confirmed to me the wonders and beauty that God has created!!
We laughed a lot and celebrated The Day of the Dead and observed how the Mexicans think we trick-or-treat.
SANY1243.jpg

SANY1294.jpg

SANY1304.jpg

SANY1321.jpg

And then the rains came down and the floods came up! Our last two days there we saw no sunshine.
Thank you for letting me share a little of my experiences in Mexico MeMom!

Yum!!! That food looks yummy!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing and I love the paper plates!!!! :goodvibes

Hellooooooooo! :wave2: We just got back and we are soooooo pooped! And I survived my flights with no emotional meltdowns. :lmao: I DO NOT LIKE FLYING AT ALL, but it was nice to be there in 1 hr. & 20 min.

We had the most fabulous time ever!! So many wonderful memories! The weather was heavenly........ no humidity or rain for 10 days and temps were around 75 everyday except one! :cloud9: We did lots of new stuff and loved it all. I'm already having withdrawals!! :sad1:

I have lots of catching up to do here. It's going to take me a while since I now have 5 loads of laundry waiting on me and NOTHING in the fridge at all (meaning a very long, expensive grocery store trip is looming)! But I will catch up soon on your TR.

I've read so many TRs already that now I can't remember if you guys have ever gone to Mickey's Backyard BBQ or not............... but if not, you should. It was the most wonderful experience. Granted, we went in Nov. and crowds were light. It may not be so magical with summer crowds and heat. But seeing my DD dance with those characters (and her Daddy......... he's a character in his own right though) was just precious. The Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise was also FANTASTIC! I just can't say enough about either of those events.

Anyway, can't wait to get back in the know on your TR!!! I'm off to read until my body and brain shut down on me!:rotfl:

I didn't know we were there at the same time - my dates were Nov 7-14. Maybe we saw each other and didn't even know it:). It was such a great week (except we got rained out of the Christmas party Tues night, but got raincheck tickets for Thrs night so turned out good).

Your Thanksgiving looks yummy and just the way I like to celebrate it! My appt is at 9:00 AM - I will be sure to post what we are having. My gut is telling me boy, but I will be happy either way, of course.

I would love to meet up at Opry Mills sometime. I tend to go a lot this time of year to do my Christmas browsing. My brother in law will be with us Dec 1st - 15th so I know we will be there between those dates. We always go see the lights at Opryland when he is here, then of course I make time for the Disney Store:).

Hi MeMom! I'm sorry I've fallen behind. I had a busy weekend, then B/F got sick and we had to stay back home for today and just made it back up to school. Promise to catch up..Just wanted to say I love that you share pics with us of what's going on in your life. Any holiday/birthday would be fun at your house. :)

I didn't know we were there at the same time - my dates were Nov 7-14. Maybe we saw each other and didn't even know it:). It was such a great week (except we got rained out of the Christmas party Tues night, but got raincheck tickets for Thrs night so turned out good).

Yeah, it did rain that one night but we had already headed back to the hotel so we never felt a drop all week!! Amazing. Glad you got tickets for another night. :santa: I would hate to spend that money and then have it ruined.

My husband is quite a talker and I think he carried on a conversation with every person we were ever in line with, so we may have talked and didn't even know it!:lmao:

Well, I am all caught up! 20 something pages I think! Loved the updates. Cape May and the phone booth are too cute. Bella is something isn't she? My DD would never sleep like that and I was always so envious of mothers who had those easy sleeping babies!:lmao: I couldn't hardly get her to sleep in her crib at night, and naps............ forget it! Now she sneaks in at 3 or 4 am each morning and crawls into bed with us. She waits until the wee hours b/c she knows our defenses are weakest then!:rotfl: So even at 5 years old, we STILL have sleeping issues!

Your Thanksgiving feast looks great! We do paper plates every year. I'm not a fancy person and the whole formal table stuff is not my thing. My family would fit right in at your house. And I wish my mother-in-law was laid back about holidays like you. She always makes it miserable for us each year trying to plan where/when to go between all the different families. I hate being stressed over the holidays. It just doesn't make sense and it kills the spirit of it all for me. So good for you for being flexible. Being together is all that matters. The date just isn't important at all.

I love your not-yet Thanksgiving celebration. My B/F and I are eating with my family this year since we spent last year with his. We go to a restaurant (the aunt whose house we used to have it at died seven years ago so a restaurant is our tradition now :) ), but I am really hoping to sneak over to his family's house for some homemade stuff. This is my favorite time of year, so just as long as I get to spend it with my family and see the Macy's parade, I'm good.

I love your themed Mickey and Minnie salt and pepper shakers! I also think I recognize the picture as being from Mickey's Christmas Carol -- I absolutely loved that when I was little, and I still do. :goodvibes I need to go find it on YouTube!

Hi MeMom, Your Thanksgiving dinner looks so very delicious! I'm sure you are enjoying it again this evening.
Baylor and I made pizza, I do the dough and sauce then he adds the toppings. It will be good but not nearly as good as Thanksgiving leftovers.....

I am sry I missed it

Yummy looking pies!

I was going to buy those Turkey plates for next year. :)

One day I will have those cute Mickey's and Minnie's at my Thanksgiving table. ;)

Glad to hear the weekend was a fun and I think the girls will love thier Xmas gifts.

The stockings are a very sweet idea. :santa:

Vandyfan I hope all well with you. :cloud9:
I really wish we had Target here but ...for now, it's a special treat when I get to one.
Your trip is less than 2 weeks away!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter