Broken foot

managerdreamer

Mouseketeer
I I broke my foot won't heal for 8-10 weeks. I get repeat x-Ray in 2 weeks to see if it is healing or need surgery. so yea this could be worse it could be the middle of a winter storm and it's not or it could have happened at the beginning of the summer and it's not or it could happen just before my Disney trip in April and I should be healed by then. But I'm angry and Mad and I feel alone and I'm not people of been there. It is hard for me to ask for help I'm on crushes and not weight bearing. Anyone else experience the emotion that goes with this? It is all new to me I've never broken anything before and I've always been healthy.

I never broke my foot before but I did a real number on my posterial tibial tendon (ankle and arch) and I was in a boot for months. It's really kind of depressing because you feel so dependent and helpless.

Hopefully you will become more mobile in your cast and crutches and get used to it. And they say, sometimes, a break heals faster/better than a bad strain or muscle tear.

How did you break your foot anyway?

Sorry to hear you broke your foot.. Not sure exactly what you have broken.. I myself have broken my ankle while working in the airport, and yeah my emotions were all over the place, it affected my job as well, so I attributed that as to why.. Best advice is if to listen to everything you are being told, so you don't need anything additional, and if you have the extra people to add a little pampering by all means accept it..:) Hope it heals without surgery..:goodvibes

absolutely agree about breaks healing faster, clean ones.. Right now I have torn my achilles, and this is going and forth for 6 months..

Thank you! I broke my 5 metatarsal in two spots. This I'm told is the most common break if you were to break foot. I coach gymnastics and I was standing on a wedge mat I stepped off the mat and didn't see there was another mat under a rug and I twisted it and it cracked. My daughter was there and hurt it as well it was such a loud snap. You are right a break heals faster and I need to keep that in mind. It is just hard to be so dependent . Sure I can crutch to the kitchen but the. I'm stuck there because I can't carry anything back with the crutches.

So I'm doing a bit better letting others help. I can still work but others have to bring my stuff. Lunch for example.

Thanks for the kind words I needed them!

Thank you! I broke my 5 metatarsal in two spots. This I'm told is the most common break if you were to break foot. I coach gymnastics and I was standing on a wedge mat I stepped off the mat and didn't see there was another mat under a rug and I twisted it and it cracked. My daughter was there and hurt it as well it was such a loud snap. You are right a break heals faster and I need to keep that in mind. It is just hard to be so dependent . Sure I can crutch to the kitchen but the. I'm stuck there because I can't carry anything back with the crutches.

So I'm doing a bit better letting others help. I can still work but others have to bring my stuff. Lunch for example.

Thanks for the kind words I needed them!

I I broke my foot won't heal for 8-10 weeks. I get repeat x-Ray in 2 weeks to see if it is healing or need surgery. so yea this could be worse it could be the middle of a winter storm and it's not or it could have happened at the beginning of the summer and it's not or it could happen just before my Disney trip in April and I should be healed by then. But I'm angry and Mad and I feel alone and I'm not people of been there. It is hard for me to ask for help I'm on crushes and not weight bearing. Anyone else experience the emotion that goes with this? It is all new to me I've never broken anything before and I've always been healthy.
I'm sorry for your troubles and hope you're feeling better. :hug:

When something like this happens, you can actually go through a grieving process. You grieve the loss of your [perceived] health and functionality; you recognize, perhaps for the first time, your own vulnerability, and even mortality. It can be a shocker, because you might not expect to grieve over something like this. But if you think about it, you've probably experienced many of the emotions that go with a loss: shock, denial, anger, bargaining, and eventual acceptance, etc. They can go back and forth and there's no set time limit. So think of it that way and you'll understand why you've felt the way you have.

The good news, besides it being something that will HEAL :goodvibes is that you have a whole new perspective now on how difficult it can be to be sick or incapacitated. This gives you an opportunity, even if it's down the road, to maybe think about helping others in a similar predicament; maybe pay forward some of the help that you've received, somehow. Good luck with your continued healing. :flower3:

Well it has been a few weeks. The foot is still broken but that is expected! I'm doing better letting people help me because i have to. I'm in a fiberglass cast now the doctor thought due to my pain i needed more support in the foot and the cast would do that. It is better than the boot for sure! I have an almost Jones fracture but it is higher in my foot so not a true Jones fracture. I get to make my ADR next Monday the 20th something to look forward too! I hope you all are doing well! !

In 2009 my left foot was run over by a car. Fractured it in 3 spots, one week later I was walking around (ok hobbling around) Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame. I realize it isn't full mobility but in terms of the worst discomfort I found that after the first 2 days or so the pain level drops considerably.

Sorry to hear about your foot! I recently (3weeks ago) dislocated my knee cap and fractured my elbow. One fall- 2 injuries . I had not ever broken a bone in my life and I'm almost 40. Since it is on my right side and I'm right handed - things have been really rough !!! So I understand not wanting to ask for help- I didn't want to either , but i realized I didn't have a choice . It's definately frustrating , but with 6 months in a knee brace and 2-3 months for my elbow to heal - I have realized I have to just let it go. Good luck !

Well it has been a few weeks. The foot is still broken but that is expected! I'm doing better letting people help me because i have to. I'm in a fiberglass cast now the doctor thought due to my pain i needed more support in the foot and the cast would do that. It is better than the boot for sure! I have an almost Jones fracture but it is higher in my foot so not a true Jones fracture. I get to make my ADR next Monday the 20th something to look forward too! I hope you all are doing well! !

Great to hear!!!!!!!!!!

One day at a time:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter