BRING BACK MAGICAL EXPRESS!

karen4546

DIS Veteran
When we first started to vacation in Disney it felt much more inclusive.

ME picked you up and you bags were delivered to your room. You could check in for your flight and drop your bags at bell services.

I know they modified This due to Covid but they could bring it back.

I didn’t mind the bus ride on ME. I have tried both Mears connect and Sunshine Flyer and neither were top notch.

sunshine flyer was a cluster at MCO. People standing in groups and employees yelling…

Mears stopped at non Disney hotels and the driver got “lost”.

my Husband used to say his vacation officially started when he stepped foot on the ME.

Don’t get me wrong, we still enjoy our trips. We are looking into a tow car service or Lyft next month but we surely miss ME.

We starting using a car service a while back and really enjoy it. It’s so nice to just walk off the plane and drive away. No waiting at all! Well worth the extra cost in my opinion.
Who gets your luggage?

I've done three separate trips post ME and have used Mears each time. With the exception of one return trip to the airport that was delayed, all other trips were less than a one minute wait to get on the bus and only a few minutes to be on my way. I guess I've been lucky and have arrived/left at less than the busiest times. All that being said, I would love for the ME to return. The magic began and ended at the airport rather than at the resort.

Without the luggage service that Bags Inc provided it's all rather pointless. But for it to work Disney would have to work with the service companies again, and that means $$$ and I just don't see Disney wanting to shell out that type of money again. As mentioned Uber/Lyft created a new dynamic and competition. While Disney guests may have enjoyed it, Disney is probably happy to have walked way from the expense and the headaches of dealing with the people and their luggage. It's sort of like Self-Check out now, you do the work, deal with the headaches.

When I started going to WDW there was no Magical Express.
We used a private car sometimes or more often a Mears bus just like now.
ME was a perk, not something they have to do.
So now we are back to paying for transport....seems reasonable to me

When I started going to WDW there was no Magical Express.
We used a private car sometimes or more often a Mears bus just like now.
ME was a perk, not something they have to do.
So now we are back to paying for transport....seems reasonable to me
I’d pay for ME if it where similar to the cost of Mears. As a solo traveler all the other services are rather costly for me.

I’d pay for ME if it where similar to the cost of Mears. As a solo traveler all the other services are rather costly for me.
Same here. I would pay for ME if it included luggage delivery and airline check in.

I think $50 pp round trip is not a terrible price-and maybe offer a discount to DVC members as a membership extra.

I know a family of 4 or more that the cost would be a lot.

I know it probably won’t ever return.

Sadly, ME is gone forever.
I am surprised that the transition to MEARS was not been more seamless. Disney had really nothing
To do ME. BUT Mears and Disney has ended that relationship.

I think $50 pp round trip is not a terrible price-and maybe offer a discount to DVC members as a membership extra.
I agree that's not a terrible price IF it includes luggage transfer.

However, while that's what a customer is willing to pay, is it enough to pay for the manpower and infrastructure to provide the service. Mears charges what, $32 RT? OK. So will the extra $18pp pay for the logistics to do the luggage transfer? People, equipment, rent to MCO(?)

When we first started to vacation in Disney it felt much more inclusive.

ME picked you up and you bags were delivered to your room. You could check in for your flight and drop your bags at bell services.

I know they modified This due to Covid but they could bring it back.

I didn’t mind the bus ride on ME. I have tried both Mears connect and Sunshine Flyer and neither were top notch.

sunshine flyer was a cluster at MCO. People standing in groups and employees yelling…

Mears stopped at non Disney hotels and the driver got “lost”.

my Husband used to say his vacation officially started when he stepped foot on the ME.

Don’t get me wrong, we still enjoy our trips. We are looking into a tow car service or Lyft next month but we surely miss ME.
if I remember right Mears ran the ME not Disney so I doubt it will come back

There were plenty of non-magical rides on ME also, LOL.

It's not coming back. Just do carry-on only, get a Lyft, and relax.

As a DVC member with a Southwest companion pass, I found myself taking several last-minute weekend trips. Adding the cost of a rental car or uber to get to the resort, the short trips just aren't as worth it anymore. The lack of DME has changed how I travel to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter