Brina's WISH Journal (Comments Welcome)

brina_n

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

Started 10/13/03 at 211 lbs.
Long term Goal: 125 lbs
Short Term Goal: Lose 30 lbs by Jan.! WDW Trip for 5th Anniversary :)

Okay, My biggest problem is being weak. I want to lose weight and get fit, but I will cheat, then feel guilty, big viscous (sp?) cycle. So, I've heard of people who, when ever they think of cheating, they put money in a jar.

So I made up little weight loss dollars, when I think about cheating and eating junk, I put one in a jar. Each is worth a dollar, and however many dollars are in the jar once I've lost all the weight, that's what I'll spent on my new wardrobe.

It sounds crazy, but it is working so far :)

Hi Brina!! Welcome to the WISH Journals board! :wave:

I like your idea of the money jar! I hadn't thought about that. I have a bad habit of raiding the vending machine at work for less than healthy junk food. Maybe I should take that same money and start saving it for my skinny clothes or other rewards as I lose. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Are you following a specific eating plan? Just wondering....

Glad to have you with us!!

Okay, for breakfast today I had one scarambled egg with cheese, three links of turkey sausage, and 5 carrot sticks. Also drank 24 ozs of water with breakfast.

Unfortunatly, I had to take my kids to the doc this morning, so I didn't eat breakfast until 11:00. I guess my eating schedule is gonna be whacky today. The hubby and I are going for a bike ride later, but now, gotta go do weight training!

Doreen,
I am not on a specfic diet, but I'm not eating any breads, potatoes, or starches.

The only carbs I am eating are select veggies and fruits.

As for protein, I am eating mostly poultry (turkey sausage is great for breakfast!).

I am also only drinking water, eating small portions, and cutting all caffeine out of my diet.

My biggest weakness is I am the BIGGEST Chocoholic! Staying away from chocolate is my biggest hurtle.

I am so glad that this board is here cause I am someone who really needs buddies to help me along.

-Brina

Just so everyone knows, this has put me on a forced diet.

Not that I don't need to loose weight. I could stand to loose half my body weight. LOL

MEAN WIFE.... ;)

I love you honey.. :hug:

Originally posted by michaeln
Just so everyone knows, this has put me on a forced diet.

Not that I don't need to loose weight. I could stand to loose half my body weight. LOL

MEAN WIFE.... ;)

I love you honey.. :hug:

In case no one knows, michaeln is the hubby :)

Love You too babe :lovestruc

Okay, Just had my mid afternoon snack.

Two leftover links of turkey sausages and a slice of swiss cheese. Plus 16 ozs of water.

Surprisingly, I haven't been very hungry. Been drinking alot of water.

The money jar has been working too. I haven't cheated at all today!
WOOHOO!! :Pinkbounc

I just had a deliscious dinner! And Low Carb too!

I just sautee'd some flank steak with scallions, onions and mushrooms and some greek spice.

As a side I have a small salad with a drop of dressing.

It was soooo good. I can't believe I've actually gone all day with no bread or sweets or anything. I feel so good and for once I'm not feeling guilty or depressed about what I've eaten.

-Brina

I woke up this morning and went to weigh myself. Well, I got on the scale, and I lost 1 pound. I never expected it to be so fast, I just started my diet yesterday, and I didn't cheat once. That just gives me the motivation to continue with my diet and hopefully I'll be in ONEDERland by Christmas.

Today for breakfast I had two hard boiled eggs, two links turkey sausage, and 2 slices of swiss cheese. I drank 64 ozs of water with breakfast ( it's easier when you drink it from a 32 oz cup ;) ) and so far today I've had 96 ozs of water total. Trying to drink as much as possible :)

Only problem is all the bathroom breaks :bounce:

Anywho, I am very happy with things so far. Keep Up the good work everyone!!!

Brina

Hello again!

For Lunch today I am having a small cup of chili w/o beans and a small salad. I just drank another 32 ozs of water also.... I think I may float away!

I am going on a bike ride after work, don't know for how long just yet. I am sooo excited about finally doing something about my weight that
I used a program on the internet called my virtual model to show what I look like now, and what I'll look like after I've lost all the weight. It gives me inspiration to keep going.

It will be great to be able to go out to a nice dinner and wear a dress and not feel ugly or self concious.

Oh, Does anyone have any low/no carb chocolate recipes that don't have aspartame in them?

Just had dinner. I had a a cup of chickem stew with chicken, celery, carrots and onions. It was quite good. It was the first time I've made the stew without red potatoes and dumpling noodles. Funny thing is it filled me up alot faster than when I use to make it with the carbs. I left the veggies in big chunks to make it thicker.

-Brina

Hello Again, went for a 30 minute bike ride. Boy are my thighs feeling the burn!

Brina,
Sounds like you're off to a good start! Atkins bars are low carb and come in chocolate flavors. Some people like them...myself, I don't think they're worth the carbs.

I am soo excited! Well I did the same thing as yesterday, got up and went to the scale. Well, I so so excited to see I lost 4 more lbs!!!!! That 5 lbs total so far. My new eating lifestyle, as I like to call it, is working!!!!! I've been exercising, eating less (and I'm not as hungry), drinking alot and I mean ALOT of water, cutting out caffiene, not eating any breads or starches, and not eating after 6:00 pm. I can't wait to see how many inches I will have lost next Tuesday(my offical weigh in/ measuring day). I always had a hard time getting the weight off before, but I now know that that was because I continued to eat all those foods that were bad for me. I'll never go back to eating like that again.

See, I've been heavy my whole life. My mother always told me that it was genetic and I'd always be "fat", as she called it. Well, alittle over three years ago I lost 50 lbs taking a dietary supplement. I was at 145 lbs, with more to lose but the dh and I decided to try for another baby. Well, the following January I found out I was pg. Then when I was 9 weeks pg I had a miscarriage. It hurt me soo bad because we had tried for 8 mths to concieve and I got really depressed and put on 30 pounds. Well, another 8 mths later I found out I was pg with the dd and I shot up to 211 lbs. When I lost the weight before, I said I never wanted to be that weight again. But here I am, but my mistake was eating those foods I shouldn't eat and not execising. That's why I am so glad to have found this board and to have so many people to support me.

Look at me rambling on, guess I just excited to see some progress.

For breakfast today I had a two egg omelet with cheese and two slice of turkey bacon (by the way, not eating pork either.) I also had 64 ozs of water with breakfast and I am drinking another 32 now.

-Brina

Okay, just had lunch. I had a small salad with alittle cheese and chopped egg and one deviled egg (two halves). I also drank another 32 ozs of water to total 128 ozs so far today.

-Brina

WOW! Brina - you are doing great. Keep up the good work. I am in the same boat about not wanting to be at this weight ever again. Been here and close to it for toooo long!

Congrats on getting in all that water - that is a difficult thing for me to do. Do you measure it out for the day and just keep drinking it?

Michael - be sure and thank your wife once you see the pounds come off of you too!

Well I will admit she is being a little nicer to me. I got potatoe's for dinner. :) I feel bad though cause she wont eat them. I guess that means I shouldn't either. ;)

Originally posted by minniecarousel
WOW! Brina - you are doing great. Keep up the good work. I am in the same boat about not wanting to be at this weight ever again. Been here and close to it for toooo long!

Congrats on getting in all that water - that is a difficult thing for me to do. Do you measure it out for the day and just keep drinking it?

Michael - be sure and thank your wife once you see the pounds come off of you too!

Julie,
Thanks so much for the encouragement!!! I know if we all keep working hard and staying with it , that we'll all reach our goals. What kind of plan are you on? Mine is a mix between Atkins and the Zone Diet, with a few of my ideas thrown in.

As for your water question, I use a 32 oz cup, and tell myself I'm going to drink at least 4 full glasses by lunch time. That way, by lunch I know I have gotten my daily intake I need, then I drink 2 to 3 more glasses between getting home from work and bed time. After 6:00 pm I don't eat anything, so it helps cut down on hunger. Plus when you drink the water out of a REALLY big cup, it doesn't seem like your drinking as much water. That helps alot.

Well, just had dinner. I made rosemary chicken ( my own recipe) and steamed broccoli florets. I ate half of it (about 2 ozs of chicken, and 1/2 cup broccoli) and I'm about to burst!

Anywho, going for my bike ride!

-Brina

Well my bike ride fell through, we didn't have anyone to watch the munckins. So I decided to do my Walk Away the Pounds One Mile Video. I feel great! Usually I can't get through a workout tape without feeling so tired. But since I started this diet, I have alot more energy

-Brina

Hello All!!! I lost two more pounds!!! It's great.

For breakfast today I had two hard boiled eggs, two pieces of beef jerky (I had a craving, and they're low in carbs), and two pieces of cheese. Drank 32 ozs of water.

Has anyone tried those Carborite chocolate bars? Are they any good?

-Brina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter