Bride-to-be's totally confusing PJ - Beach towel design =o)

They should - thats sort of what I have been thinking all along. I fear that disney would never pay a photographer as much as they charge. I wish they would just offer it as a more expensive package.

I figure if they allow two people to do expensive custom stationary and paper stuff for them then they should give a small handful of photographers the privlege of doing expensive photography for them.

Either that or they should just bring in some excellent photographers and offer a more expensive package. I keep thinking about all of the ads they have in the travel magazines - especially the one with cinderella and the castle. I would think that those pictures were pretty heavily photoshopped but whomever the photographer was obviously new what they were doing. Why can't they offer that photographer as part of a dps package?

I just do not think its fair of disney to charge as much as they do for weddings in general and then force you to use an iffy photographer.

The only reason I say iffy - is because some people have gotten fabulous photos and others haven't and I don't feel secure and safe (I guess is a good word) that my photos are going to be be fabulous if we do a park venue.

They should - thats sort of what I have been thinking all along. I fear that disney would never pay a photographer as much as they charge. I wish they would just offer it as a more expensive package.

I figure if they allow two people to do expensive custom stationary and paper stuff for them then they should give a small handful of photographers the privlege of doing expensive photography for them.

Either that or they should just bring in some excellent photographers and offer a more expensive package. I keep thinking about all of the ads they have in the travel magazines - especially the one with cinderella and the castle. I would think that those pictures were pretty heavily photoshopped but whomever the photographer was obviously new what they were doing. Why can't they offer that photographer as part of a dps package?

I just do not think its fair of disney to charge as much as they do for weddings in general and then force you to use an iffy photographer.

The only reason I say iffy - is because some people have gotten fabulous photos and others haven't and I don't feel secure and safe (I guess is a good word) that my photos are going to be be fabulous if we do a park venue.

I agree. I have seen some beautiful Disney photography and then I have seen horrible Disney photography. I don't think a bride and groom should have to chance something like that.

that is a good point! with the amount of money people pay for a disney wedding why couldn't disney try to offer some kind of "upgrade" or maybe even charge a small fee to have an outside photographer.this way their photog dept could get that money from the "fee" and brides could have the photog of their choice. I am sure that people would pay it (and by small I do mean small, not small fortune :) )

i wonder how many brides have actually asked. that might start to get on their nerves a bit and make them rethink it all

Someone who is close to disney but does not work directly for them suggested that she thought it was reasonable to pay for DPS and then be allowed to bring in your own photographer so that way disney wouldn't be losing any $$$$. That alone was nothing more than a thought and I don't think has even been advertised anywhere as actually being done.

Lurkyloo who I trust as knowing everything said that she didnt' think it had anything to do with $$$ and she thought that they were trying to protect how their corporate symbols (for lack of better words) were photographed.

My only confusion is that I would think that disney would want their corporate symbols to be photographed really really well and not poorly as some DPS photographers have done.

Someone who is close to disney but does not work directly for them suggested that she thought it was reasonable to pay for DPS and then be allowed to bring in your own photographer so that way disney wouldn't be losing any $$$$. That alone was nothing more than a thought and I don't think has even been advertised anywhere as actually being done.

Lurkyloo who I trust as knowing everything said that she didnt' think it had anything to do with $$$ and she thought that they were trying to protect how their corporate symbols (for lack of better words) were photographed.

My only confusion is that I would think that disney would want their corporate symbols to be photographed really really well and not poorly as some DPS photographers have done.

Hm..that is a good point about them not losing money (and what I was thinking) and I can see where they don't want others to advertise their symbols or whatever... but what if a professional photog takes a family vacation to disney and takes pictures while they are there. Surely they will be better than what the average visitor takes. Maybe it is the copyright issue... they don't want other people making money off their symbols, which technically a photographer would be doing since someone would be paying them not only for their services but their photographs too.

So the saga continues.

I went as a BM to Alfred Angelo on Friday. The people there were all really nice and spent a tremendous amount of time with our group. They even changed the lighting for each dress the bride tried on. As far as wedding dresses I thought for the price that most of them were a good deal. However you get what you pay for and I thought that a lot of the dresses were really mediocre quality. However, the BM dresses were a different story - I thought they were really poor quality and very overpriced considering. I was very unimpressed with what they had in the store. I had thought all of the dresses I had seen in their magazine ads looked much better. So all of this leads me to the next problem. I had always invisioned Alfred Angelo as being a step up from Davids Bridal. I really liked the dress that Melissa picked out for my BMs from there. If I was this disapointed with AA and I going to be even more disapointed with DB?

That is a shame you didn't like the AA dresses. I got my dress from there and it is wonderfully made and very good quality. The BM dresses are going to be from there also and my mom (who has been sewing for 40 years) thought the dresses were very well made and put together. AA for me is such a class act and I love their dresses! I advice any bride that I come across to look there.

Has everyone had that experience, no. However, I had a bad experience at my David's Bridal. The associates were not helpful and I thought the dresses were very poorly made. I have known many brides who have used David's Bridal and have really liked it. I guess it is to each his own. :)

You may just want to try a bridal boutique to look at dresses. They will offer a nice variety of dresses for both you and your BMs.

:)

You should give David's Bridal a shot. My matron of honor's dress was actually pretty good quality. There are some cheesy dresses there but most are made well and have nice material.

When I was looking for bridesmaid dresses I also checked out www.morilee.com. There are some dresses on there that are similar to the David's Bridal dress Melissa found. If you don't want to go with DB that is another option.

That is a shame you didn't like the AA dresses. I got my dress from there and it is wonderfully made and very good quality. The BM dresses are going to be from there also and my mom (who has been sewing for 40 years) thought the dresses were very well made and put together. AA for me is such a class act and I love their dresses! I advice any bride that I come across to look there.

Has everyone had that experience, no. However, I had a bad experience at my David's Bridal. The associates were not helpful and I thought the dresses were very poorly made. I have known many brides who have used David's Bridal and have really liked it. I guess it is to each his own. :)

You may just want to try a bridal boutique to look at dresses. They will offer a nice variety of dresses for both you and your BMs.

:)

As soon as we have set venues I will start looking much more seriously at dresses. At the AA we went to a lot of the dresses were broken and had pulled threads and whatnot. I know they are all just samples but in other stores we have been to the samples have seem to held up much better. We looked at some black BMs dresses (not for my wedding - I don't want black...) and they just seemed like polyester potato sacks. In the pictures all of their dresses look lively and I guess I was just disappointed when I saw them in person.

You should give David's Bridal a shot. My matron of honor's dress was actually pretty good quality. There are some cheesy dresses there but most are made well and have nice material.

When I was looking for bridesmaid dresses I also checked out www.morilee.com. There are some dresses on there that are similar to the David's Bridal dress Melissa found. If you don't want to go with DB that is another option.

Oh Mori Lee has some pretty dresses! Thanks I had never heard of them before. We'll see what happens with dresses next week - but I am toying with the idea of running over to davids bridal to see that dress in person.

I am also toying with the idea of running over to the place that has the disney bridesmaid dresses and getting prices and looking at some of those.

For everyone who was not fond of my idea of wearing a beaded coverup for a beach wedding, this is for you-

I LOVE this dress and would wear it in a heartbeat for the beach. However it only comes in peach and yellow :scared:. But I reallly really like it - I especially like the fact that its part of the belle collection. So I thought I would post a picture.

kmb2836.jpg

I think DB has some nice stuff. I got my wedding dress there. I'm also going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding and my dress is coming from there as well. My only issue with them so far, is that their consultants are very hit or miss. Some are great, but others either don't listen to what you want, and pull stuff, or they are pushy.

That Belle dress is cute. I love it. Maybe you could find some good pictures of it, and have someone make it for you in white. Or I think I saw a similar dress at White House Black Market a couple of weeks ago. It's a tiny bit shorter, but still cute. I think

For everyone who was not fond of my idea of wearing a beaded coverup for a beach wedding, this is for you-

I LOVE this dress and would wear it in a heartbeat for the beach. However it only comes in peach and yellow :scared:. But I reallly really like it - I especially like the fact that its part of the belle collection. So I thought I would post a picture.

kmb2836.jpg

Yellow for Belle!! :banana: it's very cute, but agree, white would be better!

kmb2836.jpg

That is a very pretty dress! It's also something that the BMs could wear again whether it be to a dinner party or even on a cruise. :)

Thanks Toni, I have been there! I was on that site looking for favor ideas originally and had a look at the attire.

I really think that I like the Belle dress because of the Belle label associated with it. haha. I am really kind of hoping that they might be able to do it custom in white... but I am not going to worry about it or attempt asking until are plans are settled.

It would be perfect for bridesmaids dresses, except I think it might be a little chilly and summery for the castle in january and I was planning to do lilly pulitzer BM dresses of some sort for the beach.

Anyhoo our consultant said he should know in 4 weeks. 4 weeks is the end of next week! I can't wait!!!!!!

Thanks Toni, I have been there! I was on that site looking for favor ideas originally and had a look at the attire.

I really think that I like the Belle dress because of the Belle label associated with it. haha. I am really kind of hoping that they might be able to do it custom in white... but I am not going to worry about it or attempt asking until are plans are settled.

It would be perfect for bridesmaids dresses, except I think it might be a little chilly and summery for the castle in january and I was planning to do lilly pulitzer BM dresses of some sort for the beach.

Anyhoo our consultant said he should know in 4 weeks. 4 weeks is the end of next week! I can't wait!!!!!!

I LOVE Lily Pulitzer! I think that would be perfect for the beach!!! :lovestruc

I LOVE this dress and would wear it in a heartbeat for the beach. However it only comes in peach and yellow :scared:.

kmb2836.jpg

The peach is not really peach, you should go to one of the locations and view it. My flower girl dress is from the Disney collection (Jasmine) and it is peach. I would not have it made in white... white is for the bride not bridesmaids.

Here's a photo
ASC_7134.jpg

I can't find a better photo but there might be some in my TR. It's way more beige/ivory than peach.

I would wear this one on the beach if you aren't going to wear your Belle dress!
j2727.jpg

The peach is not really peach, you should go to one of the locations and view it. My flower girl dress is from the Disney collection (Jasmine) and it is peach. I would not have it made in white... white is for the bride not bridesmaids.\

I think she's getting the belle dress for her to wear on the beach..not her bridesmaids.

I think she's getting the belle dress for her to wear on the beach..not her bridesmaids.

It would be perfect for bridesmaids dresses, except I think it might be a little chilly and summery for the castle in january
Oh, I see. I read it together as she wanted to see if they could do white for the bridesmaids.

I still think she should look at the color in person because it is really ivory so she might not need to see if they can make it in white.

Hey Melissa - yes I did want it in white for me for the beach. Maybe for the BMs for the castle but I think it will be too cold. I called the only store in our area that sells them and they only had one disney BMs dress in stock, but I might swing by to look at the color swatches.

I just don't want to get too excited until we find out which option we are going with. I am hoping to find out the end of the week. :goodvibes I keep running through the pros and cons of each plan - its driving me nuts! I can't stop thinking about both options and all of the great things we could do with each of them.

So is little Landon psyched about his first cruise?? When is he due?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter