Breaking NEWS PHOTO SESSIONS!!!!!! :-)

If you get the $125 package and you get the right to all the pics on the CD, that mean that you can go to Wal Mart or Walgreens and print the pics out? Or is my thinking a little wonky? If you can then I will be adding a photo session for my DS's ( or maybe the whole family since we haven't had a family potrait done since DS9 could only have food from a baby bottle:lmao: ) on our upcoming trip. It'll be great if they add doing them at the Poly before our trip since we are going to be staying there.

Walgreens and CVS printed our Photopass pictures, no problem. The only suggestion I have is that if you have pictures with a border added (like at MNSSHP) print it in a 5x7, like the photopass site does. The 4x6's cut off about a quarter of an inch of border and a little of the words at the bottom, depending on whether it was a vertical or horizontal picture. And, personally, I think CVS usually prints better quality pictures.

We did a photopass share on here, so didn't do a personal photo shoot.

OMG! Your pictures turned out great! I LOVE your matching mickey clothes...disney store online? I just might have to copy this for our Sept. trip!
thank you :cloud9: YEP...disneyshopping.com :cool1: It was so great w/the GF Christmas tree too!!:lovestruc
Your photo's are beautiful! did you use any for holiday cards...

we got a couple photo's before the sun set... but it happened FAST!

I'm thinking that's why they don't book too late..

FYI all first timers with kids... bringing strollers or backpacks take's time.. travel lite to this to maximize your photo time.. we waited on elevators etc..
thank you!! :) I didn't even order our cd until mid Jan:rolleyes1 oops!
I wish, but we were at disney from Dec. 14-26th. our shoot was on the 22nd at 4:45...
great tip, we moved from place to place pretty quick, but I was happy b/c that meant more time to actually take pics!

We did a photopass share on here, so didn't do a personal photo shoot.

I did a photopass share on here too w/one of our DIS friends.. they just give you a photopass card w/all your pics on it and write something on it so you know what it is.:woohoo:

Wow! Those are some great shots!:goodvibes Thanks for sharing them. (And thanks to Brad for putting together such a comprehensive site.) We preordered the CD and made our ressie for 5 pm for our upcoming stay. The phototgrapher did say that the later in the day, the better the lighting is. I think we'll be okay light-wise because of daylight savings time. We're really trying to get some good outdoor shots...especially beach shots.

Oh! I didn't think about Daylight Savings Time. We're going in August and it doesn't get dark until 8'ish, so maybe the latest time will be around 6 instead of 5! Thanks for reminding me! :)

Aww thank you :) I was incredibly happy w/our shoot! Once I got home, I went online and ordered a canvas that had a collage of around 7 different pictures on it:lovestruc , a personalized mug w/one of the pics on it, and a photo sculpture for myself and one as a gift for a DIS family we spent the holidays with. They were just awesome! I ended up w/94 pics after adding borders etc. to them. so, they probably took maybe 60 or so. I requested some taken in the hammocks, no problem. I requested some taken w/our "Christmas hats" on... again, they had no issues w/anything we wanted. I couldn't have been happier..and for $25... WELL worth it!

Wow 60 pictures is great. So far I have been really impressed with everyone's pictures and I really hope we can do this on our trip. Thanks for the info. :)

Here are a few of the pics that we had taken at GF in December.
I thought they really did a great job! I can't wait until they
open it up to other resorts. This will be something that we do
each trip. It's a deal!! :thumbsup2

image024.jpg

image016.jpg

I would love to do the photoshoot, but i am also doing a photopass CD share. How would i be able to get the photo shoot for $25.oo? DO i need a receipt for the CD that was preordered?

Am I understanding this correctly?

My options would be
Pre-order the CD for $99, pay $25 at GF and then have all the pics together and then have to have my CD shipped to me (with the ability to add enhancements)
-or-
Pay $125 at the GF, take away the CD and then later get another CD with all the other PP pics and take the CD home from my trip (with no option to add enhancements)

So the cost will be the same, I just lose the option of adding enhancements.

Am I understanding this correctly?

My options would be
Pre-order the CD for $99, pay $25 at GF and then have all the pics together and then have to have my CD shipped to me (with the ability to add enhancements)
-or-
Pay $125 at the GF, take away the CD and then later get another CD with all the other PP pics and take the CD home from my trip (with no option to add enhancements)

So the cost will be the same, I just lose the option of adding enhancements.

I might be wrong, but I think it will cost more with the second option you mentioned because if you are still going to get the CD with the pp on them, then you have to pay another $125 on top of the CD you just bought at the GF photoshoot. With how you described doing it, the GF photoshoot CD is $125, and then if you are going to buy the PP CD later, that is another $125. Where if you pre-purchase the CD, you can have everything added for $99, and then just pay the GF $25. Is that right, or am I thinking wrong?

I might be wrong, but I think it will cost more with the second option you mentioned because if you are still going to get the CD with the pp on them, then you have to pay another $125 on top of the CD you just bought at the GF photoshoot. With how you described doing it, the GF photoshoot CD is $125, and then if you are going to buy the PP CD later, that is another $125. Where if you pre-purchase the CD, you can have everything added for $99, and then just pay the GF $25. Is that right, or am I thinking wrong?

This is why I asked.....I thought I took it to mean that if I pay $125 at GF, get the CD, I can later turn in that CD and have the rest of the PP pics (and the GF pics) all put on one CD without paying again.

I dont do the enhancements (dates, etc) to the pics I print, so if I can leave WDW with my CD in hand for the same amount then that is the way I will go.

if you buy the CD at the GF for $125, you can have it updated later at no charge. no enhancements though.

if you buy the CD at the GF for $125, you can have it updated later at no charge. no enhancements though.
OK, glad to hear I understood it correctly. Thanks for clarifying it

Now to decide what's more important...CD in hand or enhancements

I would love to do the photoshoot, but i am also doing a photopass CD share. How would i be able to get the photo shoot for $25.oo? DO i need a receipt for the CD that was preordered?

yes, I just took my receipt showing i preordered the cd. I wouldn't worry if it has someone elses name on it ;)

Are the times later as we have more sun in the sky? I'm going in May and have a dinner ressie at 7:00 at Park Fare. Going at 4:30 would be too much time to hang out around the resort...

When I called, I just made a 4:30 appointment. I read on this thread or somewhere else that the morning light can cast more shadows or is darker or something?

Anyhow, it worked out for me because we have an ADR for 5:45pm and that's perfect for the time I picked.

We did the GF photoshoot last Friday and are really pleased with the results. We arrived about 20 minutes before the scheduled time and our photographer was busy with another family. We showed another lady at the stand our confirmation/receipt, and she wrote up some kind of order form for us. We had to take this paper to the shop down the way and pay for it there. We then had to turn in our receipt to the photopass desk.

Our photographer was fantastic. We originally booked this to get a great beach shot of our kids, but our DS's best friend, my DSIL, and my two nephews came along too. The photographer spent a long time, (maybe 10 minutes,) taking beach shots of our DS and DD. Our reservation was for 5:00, which was the last time available when we called to arrange it. The sun was at a bad angle, so the kids had to shut their eyes and open them when she said "1,2,3!" We actually got some great shots! She said that the times now available lasted untill 10pm because of later sunsets and Daylight-savings-time, and that if we wanted to come back later and take more in better light, she wouldn't charge us. She had battery problems with her flash and had to go back inside to get another flash-thingy. (Technical, huh?:rotfl: ) By the time she returned, the sun was at a better angle and the rest of the photos were taken. She wound up taking some of both of our children, individual shots of both, shot with all four cousins, shots with my DSIL and nephews, shots of just my nephews, shots of my DS and his best friend, and solo shots of the best friend. She volunteered to take so many because there was no one booked for the rest of the night and it gave her something to do.:)

This was SO worth the money! It is without a doubt the best souvenir that we have ever had. We won't be creating our photopass account untill this weekend, but when we do, I'll share some pics. We've never uploaded pics on the Dis before, so we might need some help!

In short, if you are considering doing the photo shoot, I would go for it!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter