Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

It looks as if they are getting ready to open up some refurbished rooms. I noticed just this morning that they are taking down the plastic on some windows and cleaning off the patios.
They are also bringing in more furniture on the other side of the building.
9EE74BEF-0C7A-402B-88F4-62D0071845F2.jpeg

Attachments

• 4DF64C09-3AF9-4ED3-96CA-9DD8630FE88E.jpeg
    4DF64C09-3AF9-4ED3-96CA-9DD8630FE88E.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 01B942C3-5B1C-47EA-A606-3B497D2E1308.jpeg
    01B942C3-5B1C-47EA-A606-3B497D2E1308.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 50
We arrive tomorrow. I wish I knew if there was a chance some new rooms will be available. Last September we squeaked into a newly refurbed room at Poly. I'm crossing my fingers....

We arrive tomorrow. I wish I knew if there was a chance some new rooms will be available. Last September we squeaked into a newly refurbed room at Poly. I'm crossing my fingers....
We're just happy knowing we'll likely get a refurbed room in March. Given the progress they've made since September...

Let us know! We’ll be there for Xmas!

A very interesting turn of events with my BRV 2 bedroom reservation for next week. I was called and informed id been moved to 2 separate 1-bedroom villas at CCV. I said I’d prefer to stay in one room and asked about a 2 bedroom but she said there wasn’t any availability. I jokingly (kind of) suggested a CCV Cabin as they also sleep 8, she put me on hold and after a few minutes said they would switch us to a cabin. So here we are!
We rented our DVC points via a broker. Would we or the DVC owner get the call?

We rented our DVC points via a broker. Would we or the DVC owner get the call?
Disney will call whoever is listed as the Primary Guest on the reservation. So if the reservation is in your name and you have linked the reservation to your account in MDE, you should get the call.

A very interesting turn of events with my BRV 2 bedroom reservation for next week. I was called and informed id been moved to 2 separate 1-bedroom villas at CCV. I said I’d prefer to stay in one room and asked about a 2 bedroom but she said there wasn’t any availability. I jokingly (kind of) suggested a CCV Cabin as they also sleep 8, she put me on hold and after a few minutes said they would switch us to a cabin. So here we are!
Having done a short stay in a CCV, be forewarned, you will never want to stay in anything else. ;-)

Having done a short stay in a CCV, be forewarned, you will never want to stay in anything else. ;-)
Haven't stayed in one, but did take a tour. I'm scare to actually stay. Not only would I not want to stay anywhere else, they'd have to evict me! And I don't want to be a viral video being dragged out of the hot tub by the county sheriff 🤣

Haven't stayed in one, but did take a tour. I'm scare to actually stay. Not only would I not want to stay anywhere else, they'd have to evict me! And I don't want to be a viral video being dragged out of the hot tub by the county sheriff 🤣
It was VERY hard checking out, let me tell you.

We actually changed our Thanksgiving 2023 plans after having stayed in a cabin. We are taking our SIL and family, and were thinking originally of doing the Kidani GV (as we did the Jambo GV last year) or the CCV GV, but now that we've done the Cabin, I want the Cabin for Thanksgiving. So we're going to get a cabin for us - and for everyone to hang out in / host Thanksgiving dinner - and put my SIL & family in BRV. Yes, it's ultimately costing us more points to do it this way than to book a Grand Villa, but I really really really want to stay in a Cabin again. :)

Ok so I was looking around and talking to some people. I can confirm they are working OT and crew here into early evenings. The late crew seems to mostly include furniture people opening boxes on floor 2. They seem to be finishing rooms from the top down, as I expect them to do on the next phase in the long main wing. The first floor seems to be a staging area to load materials. Lots of workers.

Sadly the old rooms are suffering, I have had issues like bad tv reception and a broken thermostat. I forgot the shower was so hard to use ( I need to shower a handicapped adult son) and so dimly lit. So bring on the refurb!

Fold down bed under tv now broken, it doesn’t lock so touch it it collapses. I blame DVC for delaying refurb.

Last edited:
Super crossing my fingers that they want to open refurb rooms as a Christmas Present!
Put it in my room request - I can be optimistic sometimes!

Saw mattresses going into floor 2 rooms today. Most activity is on floor 2. (But not just floor 2) More windows unwrapped on higher floors. They are still working into the evening. The hall carpets are in terrible shape and I can’t imagine it remaining. It’s not just dirt, it’s frayed and scrunched up and lots of bleach stains? And I mean in halls where work hasn’t started. Where rooms done (red doors) it looks slightly less awful maybe. (I peek and took photos of red doors lol).

We head to Universal tomorrow. Hopefully new rooms get occupied in a couple weeks.

And a hard hat. Apparently that's an issue. We actually ASKED during the day once if we could take a peek and were told no because it was a hard hat area. This was after we had already sneaked in. Oops.

Oh, we also got a free pin in our room, which was nice.
We'll have to bring our 4 year old grandsons hard hat from his Fix it Felix costume from Halloween when we arrive on Saturday! haha! I'm going to be looking for that pin! I"m a huge pin trader! :-)

Checked in yesterday for 11nights, our reservation was made for Boulder Ridge studio, but when we had a room ready alert we were in a CCV studio. We did not have a phonecall before hand. Checked with front desk and they confirmed that they are moving guests from BRV Due to construction. We are happy with the change.

I wonder what they are doing if you had booked a studio and have 5 guests on the reservation as neither the studios or 1 bedrooms at CCV could accommodate that move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter