Bought tickets separately...Am I SOL for FP+ 60 days in advance?

DisneyElite4

DIS Veteran
Recently bought a package that includes dining and resort, but NOT tickets. This is because the travel party has people arriving on different days and going to the parks for different amounts of time. I purchased the tickets separately online tonight and added them to My Disney Experience. Then just for fun, I went into the FP+ section. My stomach dropped when I realized I could only select a date on the calendar up to Dec. 16 - roughly 30 days out.

Am I just doing something wrong? We are Disney resort guests so I was hoping it wouldn't matter that we bought the tickets outside of the package - it was the only way to do it. Help!

If you have linked your resort reservation to your account, you will have access at 60 days. Do you see your resort stay in your MDE? If you do, and you can't access the 60-day window, just call and talk to IT. They should be able to make it happen for you.

Yes, you can still book your FP 60 days out of the start of your onsite stay. Not sure what date you are going, but there are some calculators if you google that will tell you what your 60 day FP day is.

Right now, you will only be able to see 30 days out. You won't be able to see 60 days out until 60 days before your check in date. Don't panic!

There's no reason to call.

When you are exactly 60 days out from your check-in date, you can book your FPs at 7:00a.

Since you're not yet within your 60 day window, you can only see 30 days out. That's exactly what's supposed to happen. There's no need to call Disney.

uwc7t51kop9daxrb.png

Looks like you are trying too early.
As @hiroMYhero said, there is no reason to call, you just have to wait until your 60 day and then it will change.

I assumed today would be 60 days out if Dec 16 is 30 days out. Is it not?

Thank you guys so much! That makes sense - I just don't understand why it's letting me make them now for the next 30 days? I'm guessing because I booked the tickets separately?

My 60-day window is Thanksgiving morning! I am hoping it will all just "unlock" for me then and show me 60 days out. I trust all your expert advice!

There's always an open 30 day window.

We have no idea when the OP checks into her onsite resort.
Oh, no, I see what I was confused about. I read it as Dec 16 was 30 days out from the day they check in, in which case today would be 60 days. But they were saying it was 30 days out from today.

Thank you guys so much! That makes sense - I just don't understand why it's letting me make them now for the next 30 days? I'm guessing because I booked the tickets separately?

MDE doesn't "know" you are saving the tickets for your room reservation. Today, you could book a FP+ for tomorrow, show up, enter the park and use your FP+. The 30 day window is always offered for that reason. In the meantime, MDE is also looking 30 days beyond the 30 day window to see if there is a room reservation, and then it opens more FP+ dates if it finds one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter