• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

borrowing points

RoyalFamily

Earning My Ears
Is there any time limit/restriction on when your points are available to be borrowed? For example, do I have to wait until my use year starts to borrow from the next year? Also, if I borrow next years points to use this year, can I borrow from the following year to use the next year even though I don't have any points? Thanks.

You can only borrow points from a subsequent use year. For example, let's say your use year is May.

Your 2001 points can be used for a reservation between May 1, 2001 and April 30, 2002.
If you borrow your 2002 points, they must also then be used for a reservation bewteen May 1, 2001 and April 30, 2002.

If you want to make a reservation between May 1, 2002 and April 30, 2003 (this is your 2002 use year and you have no points left from 2002 because you used them in 2001 use year), you can borrow points from your 2003 use year.

If you keep this up, sooner or later, you're going to have to sit a year out or buy more points! :D

You don't have to wait until your use year begins to make a reservation. Usually, points aren't borrowed until you make a reservation. Use year is ONLY the month of the year that your points renew. It has nothing to do with when you can make a reservation. As long as points will be available at the time of your stay, you can make a reservation.

Hope I haven't confused you further.

thanks so much. We have just sent in our check and are trying to plan our vacations for the next few years.

One thing to be careful of - once you borrow points into the prior use year, they have to be used by the end of the prior use year they cannot be moved back to their original year. For example, if you borrow 2002 use year points into 2001 and then decide to cancel or shorten the trip, the borrowed points would have to be used by the end of the 2001 use year or they would be lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter