"Borrowing" others photos for your scrapbook

I have recently received "shared" photo's from the shutterfly account! There were a bunch of photo's of places that we visited and failed to take a picture of so I was very happy that people were so willing to share theirs!

Now I have all those photo's from AK park that I failed to take because my battery died on me during part of our visit there!

:yay:

So how many of us are going to be in WDW in October exactly?

I just had to put in my vacation week requests for 2007 (I HATE having to make plans a year in advance) and I'm probably looking at the week of October 15 with some flexibility on either side. Haven't gotten my weeks confirmed yet though. What are other people's plans?

We're there in October (me, DH, KAMommy & her crew). We're there the week before the 15th--I think it's the 8-12, but I usually get the dates wrong. I can't wait!! :banana:

I'm so glad I found this thread. My friend and I always share our Disney pic for scrapbooking. Others in our group give us a hard time about it. I keep telling them we have all seen the same things, it's just one or the other has a better picture of it. Plus our families went together so I was present when her pic were taken and her with me.
I just tried going into Shutterfly to look at the shared file, and it keeps saying the email is wrong. Am I doing something wrong?

Juliegirl1 said:
Would you consider using photos that you have not taken in your personal scrapbook?

For instance, I know that my camera isn't the greatest at taking fireworks shots or nighttime shots. If you saw someone else's photos that captured the essence of say, "Wishes" or "Fantasmic" or if they have a pic of a dark ride that you aren't supposed to take pictures on, would you ask them for permission to print off a copy of their photo for your scrapbook? I see a ton of great pics on the photography board and other places and was curious to see what you all thought about this. Obviously I wouldn't use a picture without the photographer's permission.

I will be asking to use others pictures for my scrapbooks once I get started on them. I will never be able to take a great picture of the fireworks or some of the shows. I think that as long as you ask permission that others wouldn't mind. If one says no, that is fine with me because there are many others that are willing to share. If they are posting them on a public site, they should expect that others are using them without permission so I think they would be pleased that someone asked.

IMALOVNDISNEY said:
I'm so glad I found this thread. My friend and I always share our Disney pic for scrapbooking. Others in our group give us a hard time about it. I keep telling them we have all seen the same things, it's just one or the other has a better picture of it. Plus our families went together so I was present when her pic were taken and her with me.
I just tried going into Shutterfly to look at the shared file, and it keeps saying the email is wrong. Am I doing something wrong?

Scrapbooks are to bring back the memories of the event. In my opinion, it doesn't have to be a bad picture that I took to do that. Someone else's picture might better bring back that memory for me and my family. I think using others pictures is a great idea and one of the reasons that I love the digital age of pictures.

New England Eeyore said:
So how many of us are going to be in WDW in October exactly?

I just had to put in my vacation week requests for 2007 (I HATE having to make plans a year in advance) and I'm probably looking at the week of October 15 with some flexibility on either side. Haven't gotten my weeks confirmed yet though. What are other people's plans?

We'll be there with Brooke as well and i think Nancy might join us too. Hey we could fly together!!!!

IMALOVNDISNEY said:

Howdy neighbor!! :wave:

MickeyP said:
October seems far out. Do you want me to host one in March?

MickeyP do you want to host one in March and AWMommy can do one in Oct. Maybe we could have some groups for the holidays??

I've gotten photos from a DISer who is known for taking lots of photos & posting. I asked, he said yes. I think he sent me a few, but I know I just saved others from his posts...and the quality was fine for the size I was printing.

I also have a folder full of photos from the web that I just enjoy looking at on the computer, but the files are so small they would be useless for printing.

I just found the itinerary and it said 10/6 - 10/13. Park days are 10/7 - 10/12

If enough of us get together we should try to book some grand gathering stuff for Wishes and Illuminations.

Oh boy! I'll have to check in with you all for your plans when it comes time to book my trip. If I'm off the week of the 15th off I can finagle it that I'm actually off from the 11th to the 22nd (got to love those 12 hour shifts) so if you're all planning anything in the the last couple days of your trips, I would love to meet you all in the World.

My mind is also racing because there is a CKU in Orlando Oct 11-13. I couldn't do Boston last year because it conflicted with a family trip - this one has peaked my interest. I'll have to wait for more info and see how the budget looks after our April Mega-Trip.

New England Eeyore said:
Oh boy! I'll have to check in with you all for your plans when it comes time to book my trip. If I'm off the week of the 15th off I can finagle it that I'm actually off from the 11th to the 22nd (got to love those 12 hour shifts) so if you're all planning anything in the the last couple days of your trips, I would love to meet you all in the World.

My mind is also racing because there is a CKU in Orlando Oct 11-13. I couldn't do Boston last year because it conflicted with a family trip - this one has peaked my interest. I'll have to wait for more info and see how the budget looks after our April Mega-Trip.

Are you going to CKC Manchester?? I was thinking of driving up for the day.

BernardandMissBianca said:
Are you going to CKC Manchester?? I was thinking of driving up for the day.

At least on Saturday. I have to work Friday - not sure if I want to take the day off for it. I liked it but didn't love it this year.

I have only recently heard of this - using "stock" photos or borrowing from someone else - but I really like this idea. Sometimes, you just miss taking that *one* photo you need or maybe you didn't think to take a picture of something and need something else for a layout. I'm going to check out the Shutterfly account that was mentioned in this thread. Very good to know.

I actually lent someone my most recent trip's disk because she forgot to take pictures of a few signs, so she's going to use my pictures. Why not? I think I'll definitely use a stock picture of Splash Mountain for my next album, for sure!

I am having a hard time getting into the shutterfly account . I have used the email address provided and mickey for the password. Any idea why? I can hardly wait to see the pics in there.
thanks Diane

I am having a hard time getting into the shutterfly account . I have used the email address provided and mickey for the password. Any idea why? I can hardly wait to see the pics in there.
thanks Diane

I just tried it and I got through, so give it a try again.

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter