Boozin’ It Up 12/5-12/7 coming ASAP

The Photopass people took pics with their cameras & ours. It was great, & they are very friendly.
You'll have a blast at the Rainforest, definately call for PS. Even with them, you have a bit of a wait....but it was totally worth it!! Make sure they know it's your birthday!!
Sounds like you have a good plan for the first day...can't wait to read more!

I forget to mention that you probably want PS for the Carnation Cafe too. We needed them for March 2007, even at lunch time they are busy.

I am a big fan of the photopass thing and yes they will take your picture. Or at least they did in March of 2007. I think that they figure that they will get people to buy pictures once they see them online and I am sure that wuite a few people do. I love POTC. That is my favorite ride and I would ride it over and over again.
We've never done photopass so I'm very excited to try it out. Oh we love POTC so much. The weird Disneywater smell, floating past the banjo guy, and then doowwn into the pirate area. I. LOVE. IT.

The Photopass people took pics with their cameras & ours. It was great, & they are very friendly.
You'll have a blast at the Rainforest, definately call for PS. Even with them, you have a bit of a wait....but it was totally worth it!! Make sure they know it's your birthday!!
Sounds like you have a good plan for the first day...can't wait to read more!
It feels good to have finally decided on that. I will proudly display my birthday button, but I'm not really one to Show off the fact that it's my bday. I don't need any crazy hooptydoo about it. I'm happy enough just BEING at Disneyland.

I forget to mention that you probably want PS for the Carnation Cafe too. We needed them for March 2007, even at lunch time they are busy.
Yeah I was thinking we would. I guess I need to solidify the schedule a bit more and see which day we would like to eat there. I'm thinking since Friday is predominantly a DL day, we can do Carnation for lunch that day and then on Saturday when we are most likely at DCA, we can get those giant corndogs that I have been oogling. That just leaves dinner on Saturday.

Be sure and visit the Mission Tortilla factory in DCA too. If you have a birthday button they will give you a package of tortillas that they make there. Oh and the fresh ones are so good. Nothing like getting that warm one for taking the tour. Yumm.

Be sure and visit the Mission Tortilla factory in DCA too. If you have a birthday button they will give you a package of tortillas that they make there. Oh and the fresh ones are so good. Nothing like getting that warm one for taking the tour. Yumm.

Yes I was going to write about that in my post on Saturday the 7th. My mom's a big fan. She was really sad to hear that the bakery tour will be closed. I haven't even told her the extent of the DCA refurbishments...what a bad daughter. How do I ease into that convo?

Yes I was going to write about that in my post on Saturday the 7th. My mom's a big fan. She was really sad to hear that the bakery tour will be closed. I haven't even told her the extent of the DCA refurbishments...what a bad daughter. How do I ease into that convo?

What they are getting rid of the bakery now? Then they are probably gonna get rid of the tortilla factory too. :eek: Now that is a shame. I love the fresh bread with fruit for lunch, what will I have now? Darn it.

You don't tell her. Let it be a surprise. That might make it easier. My Mom wouldn't care. She doesn't like DCA. Go figure.:scared1:

What they are getting rid of the bakery now? Then they are probably gonna get rid of the tortilla factory too. :eek: Now that is a shame. I love the fresh bread with fruit for lunch, what will I have now? Darn it.

You don't tell her. Let it be a surprise. That might make it easier. My Mom wouldn't care. She doesn't like DCA. Go figure.:scared1:

As far as I know, they aren't getting rid of it, just temporarily closed for refurbishment. They can't get rid of the bakery when so many places around the park use their bread. I think there was a post in the Disneyland section about it. I just need to find it..:3dglasses

I'm worried that if I don't tell her, that she will build up the image of the beautiful water with the Boardwalk-esque buildings behind it, and then when we get there will be really disappointed to see a cement hole and other stuff taken away.

:thumbsup2 on the choice of Rainforest Cafe for the birthday meal (with frou-frou drinks)

:thumbsup2 on Carnation Cafe - they have good apple pie a la mode there, with whipped cream and strawberries, as well as the yummy banana split and Matterhorn sundae. DEFINITELY make a PS for it. The seating is very limited and I have never been there where I have not had to wait for a table. The line of folks waiting builds up fast, and the line borders some of the tables, so everyone in line stares down at the people while they eat.

:thumbsup2 on using PhotoPass. They don't mind taking pictures with both cameras, but sometimes theirs might be better, depending on the photographer (they use the Nikon D70 or D80, I think it is) and depending on how comfortable they are behind the lens, so let them take as many as they want on the PhotoPass account at first, and then hand them your camera. I wouldn't tell them up front because as you suggested, some of the photographers may not be as free with the photo sessions if they think you are not buying the CD. They usually take a bunch of them on their cameras anyway, so it's not like you will be lacking in photos. I had them take 97 pictures with their cameras in December (we were only in the parks for 2 days), which I turned into 300 by editing and enhancing online. They cannot add character enhancements to your pictures on your camera, and if you upload your own pictures to the PP account, you can't add the same borders and characters that you will be able to add onto their PP pictures.

See in my signature below, the one where my friend and I are standing in front of the big Sun fountain? That was a picture the PP person took with my camera. The big Mickey pumpkin and giant candy corn pictures were taken with their cameras. Of course, larger versions of those or similar ones appear in my TR and in the Photopass picture thread.

I used PP for 90% of my 'people pictures' on the last trip, and I used all of the other cameras I brought for the scenic/landscape sort of stuff. It's good to have too many pictures instead of too few, even if many of them are similar.

I agree with telling your Mom especially if she is fond of the pier. I love standing there and watching the waves. And I think I heard somewhere that they are taking the letters out in the front too. I liked DCA the way it was.

:thumbsup2 on the choice of Rainforest Cafe for the birthday meal (with frou-frou drinks)

:thumbsup2 on Carnation Cafe - they have good apple pie a la mode there, with whipped cream and strawberries, as well as the yummy banana split and Matterhorn sundae. DEFINITELY make a PS for it. The seating is very limited and I have never been there where I have not had to wait for a table. The line of folks waiting builds up fast, and the line borders some of the tables, so everyone in line stares down at the people while they eat.

:thumbsup2 on using PhotoPass. They don't mind taking pictures with both cameras, but sometimes theirs might be better, depending on the photographer (they use the Nikon D70 or D80, I think it is) and depending on how comfortable they are behind the lens, so let them take as many as they want on the PhotoPass account at first, and then hand them your camera. I wouldn't tell them up front because as you suggested, some of the photographers may not be as free with the photo sessions if they think you are not buying the CD. They usually take a bunch of them on their cameras anyway, so it's not like you will be lacking in photos. I had them take 97 pictures with their cameras in December (we were only in the parks for 2 days), which I turned into 300 by editing and enhancing online. They cannot add character enhancements to your pictures on your camera, and if you upload your own pictures to the PP account, you can't add the same borders and characters that you will be able to add onto their PP pictures.

See in my signature below, the one where my friend and I are standing in front of the big Sun fountain? That was a picture the PP person took with my camera. The big Mickey pumpkin and giant candy corn pictures were taken with their cameras. Of course, larger versions of those or similar ones appear in my TR and in the Photopass picture thread.

I used PP for 90% of my 'people pictures' on the last trip, and I used all of the other cameras I brought for the scenic/landscape sort of stuff. It's good to have too many pictures instead of too few, even if many of them are similar.

Woo hoo! I have both PSs on my to do list. What times are best to go for lunch and dinner? With us getting to the park at 9 and not wanting to be ravenous at any point.

I will let the PPs take all they want with theirs and then hand over mine.

I agree with telling your Mom especially if she is fond of the pier. I love standing there and watching the waves. And I think I heard somewhere that they are taking the letters out in the front too. I liked DCA the way it was.

She has only been to DCA once but when we went it was really relaxed and we just walked around and people watched. She commented on how pretty and enjoyable it was. So I'm hoping she's not building that up in her mind. I'll need to find some of the most recent pictures of the Pier to show her before we go.

Woo hoo! I have both PSs on my to do list. What times are best to go for lunch and dinner? With us getting to the park at 9 and not wanting to be ravenous at any point.

I will let the PPs take all they want with theirs and then hand over mine.

She has only been to DCA once but when we went it was really relaxed and we just walked around and people watched. She commented on how pretty and enjoyable it was. So I'm hoping she's not building that up in her mind. I'll need to find some of the most recent pictures of the Pier to show her before we go.

The Disneyland picture of the day thread should be good for that. And later if I can get on my laptop I will give you a link to a photographer that will probably have some.

You need to visit the Disneyland dining thread someone posted pictures of Goofy's kitchen.

You need to visit the Disneyland dining thread someone posted pictures of Goofy's kitchen.

That person posted LOTS of pictures of Goofy's Kitchen!! Like 3 posts' worth, I think - which is great!!! I usually see (or take) character pictures at GK, but never have I seen so many pictures of all the food there - and since they have so many more choices in their buffet than the other buffets at DLR have, people need to be aware of the variety!!

As many pictures as that DIS'er took of the selections, I actually think there is still more that they didn't get shots of that I recall seeing the last few times I was there - but they did a darn good job of getting a LOT of it in pictures!!

Hey! We have the same birthday, well, us and Michelangelo! Go Pisces! I was SUPPOSED to celebrate my birthday in DL this year, too, but we had to change the trip to next year. Hope you have a blast!

Did someone say they wanted Goofy's Kitchen pics......not close-ups but you get the idea:

Disneylandday4050.jpg

Disneylandday4049.jpg

Disneylandday4048.jpg

Disneylandday4047.jpg

Yum, can't wait to get there myself now!!!!! 12 more days!!

Hey! We have the same birthday, well, us and Michelangelo! Go Pisces! I was SUPPOSED to celebrate my birthday in DL this year, too, but we had to change the trip to next year. Hope you have a blast!

Oh yay happy almost birthday! Such a bummer you have to wait a year :sad1:

Yum, can't wait to get there myself now!!!!! 12 more days!!
Ahhh our trips are so soon. Is the time going by fast or slow for you?

Seems sloooooooowwwwwww. Just want it to be here, I need the break from the real world!!! But, I want the weather to get better, so I'll sit here patiently & hope the forecast starts to clear.....sure seems like a lot of rain for Anaheim this month???? :confused3

Well, California has been having a drought and we were all praying for rain and now we have it. Sorry.

Well, California has been having a drought and we were all praying for rain and now we have it. Sorry.

:headache: DOH!! Can't we pray for rain thru the first of March & then let it take a break & then it come back after the 14th???? :idea: Sounds like a great idea & I'd be on :cloud9: :cool1:

Yep. It's almost time to start the water rationing again. Remember that fun time, Michele? We had to do that (at least down here in in SoCal) many years ago during another drought, where we were instructed to only take 10-minute showers :-)scared1: ), NOT flush the toilet all the time (only certain times:scared1: :scared1: ), don't run any water in the sink to brush teeth, fill the sink half-way with water and wash our dishes that way rather than running water, water the lawn only in the early morning hours, etc. That is actually very MINOR water-rationing. They could start getting a lot more strict with it, which will be bad! I already do not run the water when I am brushing my teeth and I don't have a lawn to water so those are no problem for me. However, the not flushing the toilet every time can get really disgusting. I don't think I have ever taken a 10-minute shower (I love my fruity bath and body products too much), so will have to train myself to do that.

Doesn't it seem like everything is just falling apart? The U.S. economy is in the tanker, tons of people are without work or losing their homes, we are running out of water in California, we have a terrible financial crisis just in California alone, meteors and comets are flying through the air at random, planes are crashing, countries are warming up their nukes - it just seems like things are declining. People need places like DLR to escape to to get away from all the doom and gloom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter