Booking TDR Hotels

I was able to book with my JetBlue Mastercard and Marriott Bonvoy visa on TDL site. I got a separate verification screen when checking out to input the security code sent to my phone to make sure the charge isn’t fraudulent. For my jr rail passes the jet blue didn’t work but my Amex blue card did, but I was also booking a lot of tour stuff on Klook at the same time I I think it was just too many international charges at one time on the jet blue that it rejected it.

I did a “dummy” reservation once (booked then cancelled) with my Chase Sapphire Reserve card. It worked fine. I suggest those who are concerned try doing one.

Maybe I'm tired but I'm not sure what's funny about what I said? I was just wondering if the TDR site worked well with Firefox.
Sorry. It's just that Firefox has been end of lifed for a while I thought. It's pretty old now.

Sorry. It's just that Firefox has been end of lifed for a while I thought. It's pretty old now.
Ah, okay. I thought it was just me being tired and not getting the joke lol Been up since 4 am for the past two weeks due to my new puppy.

Looks like I'll try a few browsers along with a few credit cards to see what works I guess. It's annoying how it's all random.

Ah, okay. I thought it was just me being tired and not getting the joke lol Been up since 4 am for the past two weeks due to my new puppy.

Looks like I'll try a few browsers along with a few credit cards to see what works I guess. It's annoying how it's all random.
Good luck with the puppy and the credits cards. I would just have several right next to you.

To book Fantasy Springs, I think you'll have to be on right at booking time 6 months out and do a package. If you want to do longer than two nights, a split stay may work out better.

I used Chrome and a Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card, and it worked on the first try.

To book Fantasy Springs, I think you'll have to be on right at booking time 6 months out and do a package. If you want to do longer than two nights, a split stay may work out better.

I used Chrome and a Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card, and it worked on the first try.
Are there a limited number of rooms allocated to packages? I really want room only.

Are there a limited number of rooms allocated to packages? I really want room only.
I'm not 100% sure, but I've been looking at hotels recently, and availability for FS and MiraCosta are almost zero at 4 months. FS has nothing, while MiraCosta only has suites or a handful of rooms. On the other hand, all the other hotels have plenty of availability at 4 months.

I'm not 100% sure, but I've been looking at hotels recently, and availability for FS and MiraCosta are almost zero at 4 months. FS has nothing, while MiraCosta only has suites or a handful of rooms. On the other hand, all the other hotels have plenty of availability at 4 months.
I won’t need the room until next April, so booking in December

I won’t need the room until next April, so booking in December
It's still going to be very difficult to get a room then. I just did my booking for a package and the FS hotel was the first to go availability wise. Room only will be harder. You'll have to keep checking the site for cancelations if you can't get a room.

I successfully used my Chase Sapphire Preferred with Chrome to book back in March. It saved my card, so I was able to use it while in the parks last week.

Such a dumb question, and I'm kicking myself a bit...

I'm the lead guest (only guest, really, since they didn't ask for others) on our package. I just realized my passport has my first, middle, and last name on it. I only used first and last for the package. Will that be a problem picking it up? Seems like you can't change that without cancelling and rebooking, either. I hope it's ok

EDIT - text on TDR's page makes it sound like it's the pre-package email, passport, or other docs. And since I'm obsessive about printing everything hopefully we'll be ok.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me the downside of booking a package (asking because it sounds like it may be easier to book)? I’m just getting started here and I have been reading a lot online but it seems like I still know almost nothing.

Can someone explain to me the downside of booking a package (asking because it sounds like it may be easier to book)? I’m just getting started here and I have been reading a lot online but it seems like I still know almost nothing.
Cost, paying up front, cancellation fees start at 21 days vs 14 days for room only. I did the math and I think I figured the premium is in the realm of $300USD per person per night. Split across two park days, in my opinion it just makes it similar to US park prices. It’s more than just convenience imo because it allows you to book passes ahead of time that don’t count towards what you book once you’re in the park, so it essentially gives you 2-3 extra passes per day that aren’t subject to cool off periods (time between making bookings). For someone traveling from overseas with limited time I found it worth it. And of course with the current package you get unlimited rides with short waits on the new rides which is very valuable. If you have small kids who like to reride things it’s hard to beat that. Or adults that are kids at heart. :rolleyes1

Such a dumb question, and I'm kicking myself a bit...

I'm the lead guest (only guest, really, since they didn't ask for others) on our package. I just realized my passport has my first, middle, and last name on it. I only used first and last for the package. Will that be a problem picking it up? Seems like you can't change that without cancelling and rebooking, either. I hope it's ok

EDIT - text on TDR's page makes it sound like it's the pre-package email, passport, or other docs. And since I'm obsessive about printing everything hopefully we'll be ok.
People still print things?!

Anyway, that’s only important to match your passport when flying, or other transportation. You’ll be fine.

People still print things?!

Anyway, that’s only important to match your passport when flying, or other transportation. You’ll be fine.
In Japan specifically I found that I couldn't pull things up on my phone due to zero connection so I was glad to have printed hotel confirmations and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter