Booking online - deposit??

Antonia

DIS Veteran
If I book a room on-line at the loewshotels website, will the credit card be charged immediately? I noticed something that said deposit 14 days after booking. Does that mean that they wait 14 days to charge the deposit. Just want to know because I am using a Visa check card and I hate to have things hanging out there for 14 days.

I booked my room a few days ago...I used my debit card and nothing has gone thru yet - I couldn't figure it out either. Guess they do wait until the 14th day...I'll let you know what happens with mine.

HI... I made reservations on the phone. Two weeks before we left. I was told I would be charged for 1st night stay then. However we just got back today and checked my online bank statement and still have not been charged from HRH. So not sure when they actually charge you.

If they do charge your card and you cancel how do they refund your money. Will they automatically credit your card?

I booked my room about 3 months ago and I still haven't been charged. It really is bohtering me and I have called twice to check on my reservations. They person on the phone told me on the last call that there really wasn't a system sometimes they charge you at the time of reservations, sometimes a week or so before you arrive and sometimes at the beginning of the month of your reservation. So I do plan on calling again closer to the time we actually leave just to make sure.

We still haven't been charged either. We however have already stay played and been home for a few days. Is this normal?

wendypoo,
do you mean you have already been on your vacation, and you have not been charged for it on your credit card?

I made a reservation using my debit card, and it was charged right away. The second time was on amex, and i have not checked to see if the charge was put through or not.

I will, however, check it tomorrow.

Originally posted by 714atuf
If they do charge your card and you cancel how do they refund your money. Will they automatically credit your card?

Yes, they will credit your card. We cancelled once and the credit was given promptly.

We have had different experiences on the deposit. Once our card was charged immediately. Twice it was charged about 10 days after we made the reservation. Once it was never charged to our card. On that stay, we stayed 2 nights and paid for both at check-out.

My card was finally charged. Five days after we got home from Hard Rock Hotel. I find that strange but....
There was never a hold of any kind put on my card.
We had a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter