Booking Fastpass+ but maybe not going to the parks at all

ontdvc2015

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I can't seem to find this answer so I figured I would ask my fellow Canadians to see if anyone here knows the answer.

I have only been to the parks once with the fastpass+ system. So I am not that familiar with it all.

We have a trip booked in late January 2018 and we were not really planning on doing the parks. More just about lounging around the pools and relaxing. However, if the weather is cold and not really pool weather, we might change those plans and go to the parks. (We have the Canadian discount tickets already hidden away for the future)

Now if I add the tickets to MDE, and at 60 days, I book fastpasses for days at the park, then we get there and the weather is going to be hot enough for pools, etc. Can I just not go to the parks, leave my tickets loaded on MDE for the next trip and still book fastpasses when we do use them say in 2019? Or once the fastpasses have been loaded on the tickets, they are gone, and I won't have access to use them again in the future?

Hopefully this all makes sense and someone can guide me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I can't seem to find this answer so I figured I would ask my fellow Canadians to see if anyone here knows the answer.

I have only been to the parks once with the fastpass+ system. So I am not that familiar with it all.

We have a trip booked in late January 2018 and we were not really planning on doing the parks. More just about lounging around the pools and relaxing. However, if the weather is cold and not really pool weather, we might change those plans and go to the parks. (We have the Canadian discount tickets already hidden away for the future)

Now if I add the tickets to MDE, and at 60 days, I book fastpasses for days at the park, then we get there and the weather is going to be hot enough for pools, etc. Can I just not go to the parks, leave my tickets loaded on MDE for the next trip and still book fastpasses when we do use them say in 2019? Or once the fastpasses have been loaded on the tickets, they are gone, and I won't have access to use them again in the future?

Thanks!
HI! Your Fastpasses will not affect your ticket at all until you actually use them. In fact, even if you are in the park and miss showing up for your FP+ time you will not be penalized --- once the time has passed the system will *ignore it* and carry on till the next time period. We are NOT morning people and on the days we were planning on being in a park that has "Tiered attractions" (meaning you can only have 1 of the "E-Ride" --think high demand-- and you must use 3 before you can select another) we would often load at least one FP+ for well before we knew we would be in a park allowing us to select more once we were actually IN the park. If your tickets are separate items on your account you can even play around and see how the system works and it won't cause problems.

****caveat to my information, our last trip was in late January and I've heard some rumours around how the system now works when you are actually IN a park. You could pop over to this thread and read up on how the FP+ system works. The first post is kept up-to-date. If you have more questions come back here and I'm sure someone would love to help :D
FP+ FAQs

Hi all,

Thanks!

You can definitely do this, but it would be polite to cancel your booked Fastpasses when/if you decide not to go to the parks, so that someone else can use them (even if it's same-day). If you book something really popular and cancel last minute, no doubt you'll make somebody's day!

You can definitely do this, but it would be polite to cancel your booked Fastpasses when/if you decide not to go to the parks, so that someone else can use them (even if it's same-day). If you book something really popular and cancel last minute, no doubt you'll make somebody's day!
I 100% forgot to add this to my answer! So true -- and when i said i book ones we won't use I was talking about things like Figment that don't ever NEED one!!!

I 100% forgot to add this to my answer! So true -- and when i said i book ones we won't use I was talking about things like Figment that don't ever NEED one!!!

Off topic, but we actually stood in line for Figment for close to half an hour back in March. Which is ridiculous, but we didn't realize the line was so long until we'd already been in it long enough that it wasn't worth getting out of it (if that makes any sense). We were only there for a few days, near the end of Ontario March Break week, and the parks were crazy crowded. Touring Plans put those days at 9 or 10 after the fact. There were probably still plenty of Fastpasses available for Figment, but I think we must have had something booked later in the day. That actually put Figment up there with the longest lines we ever stand in at WDW - usually we either Fastpass or skip it!

Off topic, but we actually stood in line for Figment for close to half an hour back in March. Which is ridiculous, but we didn't realize the line was so long until we'd already been in it long enough that it wasn't worth getting out of it (if that makes any sense). We were only there for a few days, near the end of Ontario March Break week, and the parks were crazy crowded. Touring Plans put those days at 9 or 10 after the fact. There were probably still plenty of Fastpasses available for Figment, but I think we must have had something booked later in the day. That actually put Figment up there with the longest lines we ever stand in at WDW - usually we either Fastpass or skip it!
I think we saw something that has that beat by a long shot .... in MK on Food & Wine marathon weekend and saw a line up for The PEOPLE MOVER that was listed as 45 minutes :crazy2:

I think we saw something that has that beat by a long shot .... in MK on Food & Wine marathon weekend and saw a line up for The PEOPLE MOVER that was listed as 45 minutes :crazy2:

Hate to think how far that line stretched! Even at a 15-20 minute wait that line is already beyond the end of its roped off area. The CM with the sign must have been all the way back at the Speedway!

We almost always ride People Mover too - but not if the line is longer than 10-15 minutes.

January weather in the Orlando area can be so fickle. It can be anything from a comfortable mid to high 70's to freezing or rainy. One trip it was colder in WDW than home (BC). Another trip it rained every day, unusual for this time of year.

Just my opinion but if you aren't planning on going to the parks why not consider staying elsewhere. There are great accommodations with cheaper price tag than WDW resorts. Gaylord Palms comes to mind. Or a beach stay further south either on gulf coast or Atlantic side. Ft Lauderdale area has way warmer temps in January than n the middle of the state, Orlando area.

I believe everyone answered questions about not being able to save FPs for future trips, and please cancel if you don't plan on using them so they can go back into inventory.

I don't know how many day tickets you bought, but say you booked a 7 day ticket, you would have to go to the parks for 7 days, not pick and chose a day here or there if temps are too cold for pool. Temps do this freq during that time of year. In one trip I arrived to freezing temps, and after 3 days it was a balmy 70's. They used to have non-exp tickets where you could do this, but no longer offered. Maybe I misunderstood plans?

Thanks for the replies. I will book my fastpasses at 60 days and once the dates get a bit closer I will have an eye on the weather, if it looks nice then I will cancel them all and make someones day. Now to wait another 105 days so I can book them.....that's the hardest part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter