Boo, Brew and Happy Birthday, too!

Photo op outside of Star Tours.

And our traditional Chewbacca pic.

We did Pizza Planet for lunch. We find that we can feed our family of 4 on 2 meals here. I didn't get a photo but they had a really tasty cupcake with orange frosting and carrot cake.

We decided to head back to the resort to swim and for me to watch the Steelers get their first win.

We did Coral Reef for dinner. It was pretty good. I got mahi mahi, DW got steak, DD1 got reef steak and DD2 got fried shrimp. We were all pretty happy with our choices. We finished up with some mousse that was made with Jameson's.

Close up of the kids' cupcake.

Night all. Big day tomorrow...celebrating my DD1 bdayat BOG and then MNSSHP!

One last note. I did speak to a supervisor about our prolonged check-in and magic bands. Apparently the bands and room access have been challenging. While I don't expect anything to come from the discussion, the supervisor was very nice and concerned. If nothing else, it made me feel better. She did take a lot of notes and asked follow up questions. Hopefully my feedback will make a better experience for someone else.

Sorry to here about the check in problems. I'm wondering if this new system is even too overwhelming for Disney. They'll get it figured out. Still, it is great to be in the happiest place on earth and it was good to see that clown mouth pool again. Enjoy the trip.

Spot on Norm. It's all good now. Magic restored! :thumbsup2

Looks like a great start despite the bumpy check in. I'm glad that a supervisor at least followed up on it. Hopefully they'll work to get the system working more smoothly.

And I'm glad to see you stopped for some cupcakes at Starring Rolls. That Peanut butter cupcake may just be one of the most delicious things I've ever had.

Leaving MK now. What an awesome day. MNSSHP was spectacular! No photos tonight but I'll get them posted asap. We also did BOG where everything was terrific from the wait, to the service and the food. I can't say enough good things about our experience. My daughter even received a birthday card from Belle and Beast. Good day.

We did AK today. No issues with ride times and overall it was a good day. Today was one of those days where I hit the wall. I would have been content to leave at lunch. We had a mellow evening and I feel my strength returning. :goodvibes

DD2 rode Primeval Whirl for the first time and we all rode Dinosaur for the first time. I loved Dinosaur, not my youngest so much. The girls also enjoyed the Wilderness Explorer passes that thou can collect. I definitely recommend that.

Just a quick update for now. More tho follow:cool1:

Wee did AK today. No issues with ride times and overall it was a good day. Today was one of those days where I hit the wall. I would have been content to leave at lunch. We had a mellow evening and I feel my strength returning. :goodvibes

DD2 rode Primeval Whirl for the first time and we all rode Dinosaur for the first time. I loved Dinosaur, not my youngest so much. The girls also enjoyed the Wilderness Explorer passes that thou can collect. I definitely recommend that.

Just a quick update for now. More tho follow:cool1:

Leaving at lunch? Commando uh oh. Sounds like you all are having fun and your dds are very pretty. Should I ask David to reserve some more rooms at the convent for them? :lmao:

DD2 Maddie enjoying a Boardwalk Bakery breakfast.

Crumb cake and cinammon roll.

DW and daughters waiting for the bus to MK.

Classic photo op.

None of us were successful in pulling the sword from the stone, just in case you were wondering.

An eloquent napkin at BOG.

After a wardrobe change, they were ready for the MNSSHP.

I also wanted to share this chocolate display.This came c/o the front desk following my conversation with the supervisor. This made me feel better. I simply wanted them to acknowledge their mistake and show some genuine contrition.
P1060301_zps54accf25.jpg

We were able to meet up with 2 other friends of ours while we were at MNSSHP.

The 4 girls had so much fun collecting canary and hitting the different rides. We'd do the MNSSHP again in a heartbeat! We caught the 2nd parade (Sat right across from Pecos Bill's) and really enjoyed it. The characters were really into it and the music was really well done. I only wish that I had a good photo of the headless horseman.

I'll fix the photo links, I organized them without thinking about the links I'd posted...ooops.:blush:

Booked our next trip for November 1, 2014....but haven't finished my current TR. This is not how I expected things to go!

I did update photo locations so that they show up in my TR. So that's out of the way. I'm planning to add a little bit more each day until it's completed. Which I hope is before Christmas...but no promises.

Day 3 at the Parks. Today was Animal Kingdom. We were able to meet up with some friends again this day. I will tell you that y Disney stamina was not at its pinnacle on this day. Either I'm just getting too old or the MNSSHP kicked my ****:blush:

Upside for the day...a couple of firsts. I got to ride Dinosaur for the first time in the front row. My 6 YO may never forgive me. The photo they take in the ride at least assured me that I'm a protective dad as it showed me reaching across her "protecting" her from the last dinosaur that I personally find scary as hell. My 9 YO was in the back with our friends and their daughter tucked under the seat!

My 6 YO FINALLY got to ride Primeval Whirl. Such a simple ride but 48' height requirement kept her on the outside looking in on the past 2 trips. I think she would have spent all day riding it. There was something about seeing her so happy finally being able to ride that. I think it was some sort of personal conquest for her.

We had lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue. The ribs were terrific. I made the mistake of getting the combo though. Next time I'm going straight ribs! And there was the kindest CM sweeping and cleaning up in the dining area. His name was John and he REALLY was going out of his way to interact with guests. He was helping people carry their overflowing trays to tables, giving directions and chatting up the kids telling them where characters were and just being very congenial. He was the epitome of what you want a cast member to be.

A traditional AK visit includes Expedition Everest...

and the Kilimanjaro Safari...

Family Photo op...

One thing we noted for next time is to spend more time checking out the Wildness Explorer stations. The girls really got into this, especially my youngest.

Day 4, also known as Brett's Day of Redemption. Okay, no one called it that but that's what it was! Up and at 'em early and hit MK, DHS and ended with EPCOT.

We kicked the day off by having breakfast with Lilo & Stitch, Mickey, Minnie and Pluto at Ohana.

A Birthday card for DD2...

Yummy breakfast...

Three mischievous characters here...

In line at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with our friends' daughter...

DD1's favorite Princess...

DW and me in line for The Little Mermaid ride...

Lines were relatively tame and we were able to ride everything that we wanted with minimal to no wait..

I made a vow this day that I would NEVER go to WDW and not get a Dole Whip. This is simply heaven.

DHS at nighttime is really cool. I took this while strolling down Sunset Blvd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter