Bone age X-Ray?

I was on growth hormone shots from the time I was six until I was about 16. I think there were a couple of years I was taken off, but then got put back on them. I had them anywhere from 3 to 6 days per week. I had many problems as a baby and young child, and they thought I might have growth hormone deficiency. I did/do not, but I was actually part of a study to see if growth hormone therapy would be beneficial to people who don't have a deficiency. I got used to the shots very quickly (though I would ONLY let my mom do it). It's hard to tell if they helped. I'm 4'10" (rounded up) now as an adult.

If your child would like to talk to someone who's "been through it" I wouldn't mind sharing. Actually, I enjoy sharing my "life story" with anyone who cares to listen, but I especially love sharing it with those who might be going through similar things.

I was on growth hormone shots from the time I was six until I was about 16. I think there were a couple of years I was taken off, but then got put back on them. I had them anywhere from 3 to 6 days per week. I had many problems as a baby and young child, and they thought I might have growth hormone deficiency. I did/do not, but I was actually part of a study to see if growth hormone therapy would be beneficial to people who don't have a deficiency. I got used to the shots very quickly (though I would ONLY let my mom do it). It's hard to tell if they helped. I'm 4'10" (rounded up) now as an adult.

If your child would like to talk to someone who's "been through it" I wouldn't mind sharing. Actually, I enjoy sharing my "life story" with anyone who cares to listen, but I especially love sharing it with those who might be going through similar things.

Thanks! We just finished seeing an endo and having all of his bloodwork analyzed and they don't see any problems right now so they are just going to monitor his growth to make sure he is not dropping more percentiles. The endo was much more positive than his pediatrician. If I have any question I will be sure to ask! :)

same here as others. DD had it done with Endo. They also wanted to rule out other possible conditions. While my DD's X-Ray /info came back saying 5' max, she is now 5'3. DH is 6'4" and I am 5'9", but my MIL is 5'3" . I think they just want to make sure in case any treatment is required they can get it going . DS was also quite small , but no tests were done and he is almost 6'2" now. Both are super thin but have very high metabolisms though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter