Bob's Trip Report! Day One

Bolanette87

<font color=deeppink>The Queen Bee<br><font color=
If you haven't already read my Pre-Pre Trip Report, here it is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1944566

Right!! Well, I didn't get any sleep all night before our DLRP trip.... This is me at 3:30 in the morning:

DLRP08002.jpg

Robert didn't really share my enthusiasm when I told him to get up!!

DLRP08003.jpg

We got up and dressed, and went downstairs for Pop Tarts:

DLRP08004.jpg

At around half four, we heard Robert's parents alarm go off...... Closely followed by some very rude words from Robert's Dad....! Sharon came downstairs in her big mac and boots (Prompting Robert's Dad to call her Inspector Gadget!) while Jonathan just crammed clothes on over his PJs....

We then set off to the pub where we were being picked up at. This is Robert's street at 5am....

DLRP08005.jpg

We got in our feeder taxi to (There was some confusion there as we were meant to be picking two more people up at and they hadn't turned up!! :eek: Luckily they showed up eventually and we got there in time!).... And then we got on our feeder coach:

DLRP08007.jpg

A lot of the morning is a blur because I kept dozing off, but we eventually stopped at some services... Here I paid £10 for two frappes and two biccies!! Rip off!! Luckily we enjoyed them though!

DLRP08008.jpg

DLRP08010.jpg

Time flew by and we were soon at Dover. We went to grab some lunch at BK:

DLRP08013.jpg

And then went and bought Robert some sunglasses from the shop, before we were called to our coaches.... I sprinted over and nearly knocked the bus driver over! Ooops!!

We got on the ferry in good time and I sat and wrote up the holiday diary:

DLRP08018.jpg

After a smooth crossing, we hit France in good time, and, despite the fact the coaches sat nav insisted we were still floating around the channel, we made good start time..........

After two and a bit hours, we stopped at some services for a quick loo break:

DLRP08019.jpg

(Our coach parked up!)

The loo break turned out a bit longer than anticipated owing to one family taking forever!!

I got impatient on the last leg of the journey, and spent it plastered to the window looking for DLRP....!!

We were the first on our coach to be dropped off.... The Newport Bay was a very welcome sight!

DLRP08021.jpg

We ran to our room and dumped our bags before heading to Disney Village and Annettes... (Will post a review on the review thread in a bit):

DLRP08023.jpg

After our yummy meal we headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep!! I couldn't resist stopping to say hello to the Crocodile though!

DLRP08037.jpg

Once back in the room, we quickly showered, and headed to comfiest bed ever, ready for our first day in the parks tomorrow:

DLRP08039.jpg

Day Two: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1959923

Bob xoxoxox

Yay trippie!! I love the look of NBP at night all lit up... It has a real holiday feel to it for me... not sure why LOL

Yay trippie!! I love the look of NBP at night all lit up... It has a real holiday feel to it for me... not sure why LOL

I think it does too!! It was the best sight to see when you're weary of travelling!

Bob xoxox

Its weird as looking at that pic made me feel like that but I cant think why....as I've not arrived or been past it at night lol

Its weird as looking at that pic made me feel like that but I cant think why....as I've not arrived or been past it at night lol

I think it does look like a holiday kind of place... It has that feel to it!

Bob xoxox

brilliant start Bob and glad you got to go to Disney Viillage and Annettes as soon as you arrived - beats sitting in your room with a bag of nuts like last time

Lovely pictures Bob, I miss the Newport Bay! Eagerly awaiting the rest of your trippie.

Looking forward to reading thge rest of your trippie, although I admit I have cheated a bit and looked at all 5 days worth of your photos already!

Sara. :)

The Newport Bay looks lovely. Can't wait to see the rest of your trip!

Looking forward to reading thge rest of your trippie, although I admit I have cheated a bit and looked at all 5 days worth of your photos already!

Sara. :)

I think most people on my facebook have!! Lol!!

Bob xoxox

Brilliant start!! Total rip off with the frappes and biccies LOL. NPB is gorgeous- i miss it! It looks so dreamy and gorgeous at night. The rooms are lovely and bright too- i thought the beds were SO hard tho, i actually had/have bruises off it LMAO.

Ashleigh x

Brilliant start!! Total rip off with the frappes and biccies LOL. NPB is gorgeous- i miss it! It looks so dreamy and gorgeous at night. The rooms are lovely and bright too- i thought the beds were SO hard tho, i actually had/have bruises off it LMAO.

Ashleigh x

Seriously?? Our beds were soooooooooo comfy!! I loved them!!

Bob xoxox

Sounds like you are off to a great start :)
Did laugh when I saw the picture of breakfast :rotfl: ;)

This may be a strange question but was you both heading towards Space Mountain for EMH on Wednesday morning? (it was closed?) I was watching my sons on Obitron and after seeing your pics could have sworn it was you :)

This may be a strange question but was you both heading towards Space Mountain for EMH on Wednesday morning? (it was closed?) I was watching my sons on Obitron and after seeing your pics could have sworn it was you :)

We were walking around Space Mountain on Wednesday morning, yes.... We don't go on it, but we walk around it to see the Nautilis in the water! You might have seen us! :goodvibes

Bob xoxox

Great start. I look forward to reading the rest:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter