Bob Iger's Salary was $47 million, Disney's granddaughter upset over how employees are being furloughed

She knows nothing. Disney is helping the majority of them by having them go on furloughed. 600 dollars a week plus Florida’s terrible unemployment pay equals more than most were making. Also Disney is paying for all their medical. Don’t know how much the employee had to pay While they were working. Now come August most cast members will be hurting big time if Disney doesn’t do something at that time. Maybe in August your words will mean more.

But he's the salt of the earth. He gave up his salary this year.

I'll listen to Abigail when she sells her Disney stock and gives it to the employees.

Salary != Compensation. :P

Just some additional detail on that.
Just like a lot of comments on these boards and in the news, context is key.

Bob Iger’s 2018 total compensation was $65.6 million, $47.5 million in 2019, and looking to still be over $40 million in 2020. Forgoing a $3 million base salary in 2020 is not nothing, but it’s not like he’s giving up his pay entirely.

My words? I didn't comment on it! Just posting because I thought it was interesting. I don't know anything about her to have an opinion. I do agree that the employees are likely in a much better position getting furloughed with the additional $600 a week. That way, they don't need to make a decision if their paycheck is worth putting their health at danger to work during a pandemic.

My words? I didn't comment on it! Just posting because I thought it was interesting. I don't know anything about her to have an opinion. I do agree that the employees are likely in a much better position getting furloughed with the additional $600 a week. That way, they don't need to make a decision if their paycheck is worth putting their health at danger to work during a pandemic.

Better off if and when they get their unemployment claim processed. Florida has not done well with that.
http://lmsresources.labormarketinfo.com/covid19/index.html

As others have stated, many are coming out ahead on unemployment especially since their insurance and premiums are being paid for.

Also, since everyone else has taken advantage of it, it would be foolish for Disney not to do the same.

Keep in mind that not everyone in every state has started getting the extra 600. There was a poster here who had not gotten it yet at one point, not sure if she has now or not. I know that some in my state aren’t getting it yet.

This thread is even funnier when you compare it to the raising taxes one.

I haven’t had the strength to read that one.

ETA: apparently I read a few posts and got out quickly. Just saw that I liked one. :confused3

Last edited:

not talking about you talking about Abigail
Disney.

im saying actions speak louder than words. If she has a problem with something she needs to DO something other than just making social media posts about it.
It’s funny on how everyone can defend Bob Iger and crap upon Walts grand daughter who inherited Walts money. In what world can people defend his salary? Is a doctor more important? If so are you willing to pay a kings ransom extra for health care? Not singling anyone person out. His salary is beyond insane. Period!!!

It’s funny on how everyone can defend Bob Iger and crap upon Walts grand daughter who inherited Walts money. In what world can people defend his salary? Is a doctor more important? If so are you willing to pay a kings ransom extra for health care? Not singling anyone person out. His salary is beyond insane. Period!!!

Don’t recall I’ve been defending Bob Iger....anywhere. And if you are not singling any one person out, why are you singling me out? That’s a rhetorical question. I really want nothing more to do with a random rambler who came about to stir up some drama for their quarantine entertainment. Good day!

im saying actions speak louder than words. If she has a problem with something she needs to DO something other than just making social media posts about it.

That would be the same for about 99.99999% of everyone on the internet at any time.

Fun fact for everyone here, Bob Iger‘s net worth is about 6 times as much as this Disney granddaughter.

That would be the same for about 99.99999% of everyone on the internet at any time.

Fun fact for everyone here, Bob Iger‘s net worth is about 6 times as much as this Disney granddaughter.
People aren't interested in facts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter