Boating package at resorts?

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
Read on resorts board someone mentioned a length of stay package at the contempary resort for a family to rent boats? would like any info any has on this, also posted there but he hasn't responded. :( (yet).;) Wondering if they would consider 2 adult sisters with same address and sharing a room still a family I do?

MKY :D

The following is a long post I copied and saved last year. I used the info to do the LOS recreation plan at WL, and we had a family of 5, using the plan for 8 days. With tax, the total for all of us was about $210. It was well worth it.

BTW, they don't need to validate relationships... if you are all sharing a room, that's good enough! HTH!

A water mouse is a little two person speedboat. It rides low to the water and generally is a lot of fun.
There are restrictions....I believe you have to be 60 inches tall and 12 yrs old to DRIVE them. A child younger or shorter can ride with an adult. Two adults can ride together, but there is about a 320 pound maximum. Speed is based on the weight in the boat, so if you have wto people totalling close to 320 pounds in that boat, you aren't going to get the speed that you'd get if both got their own boats. Clear as mud?
They run about $30 for a 1/2 hour (don't quote me on the price) and there is a DVC discount. There is also a length of stay plan that costs $199 and is good for water mice, pontoon boats, canopy boats and bikes (not surreys though) The plan is good for up to a family of 5. We just used it this month and had 4 in our family and 3 guests and they signed up the 5 adults on the plan. The kids could ride free in watermice and other boats, but when we did bikes we had to rent separate bikes for the kids because they were not listed on the plan. Still a GREAT deal. We ended up (between the 5 of us) with about 6 hours of pontoon boat rentals and about (rounding here) 12 hours of watermouse rentals and about 2 hours of bike rentals.
IMHO, the best place to get the watermice are somewhere on Bay Lake (WL, CR, or FW) or somewhere on Seven Seas Lagoon (Poly or GF) That way you have access via the water bridge to both of those huge bodies of water. You can really have some fun jumping the wakes of the bigger boats and can open it up for long periods of time. I'd suspect that you couldn't get the speed or have the same experience at OKW or DD just because of the smaller sizes of those bodies of water. We've never rented them at those places, so maybe someone else has a different experience.

The plan is only good at the resort where you sign up for it. But the resort you sign up for the plan does NOT have to be the resort where you are staying.

SO....

If you stay at OKW, you CAN sign up at WL and use watermice on Bay Lake. But then you can not use the plan at OKW. If you sign up at OKW, you can not use the plan at WL.
As for wait times....we have never waited to go out in a watermouse. And we've done it at all times of the day. We do not go in peak though....there may be a difference then. Also, with the plan there is no time limit and no checking in...you just stay out until you're done then return the boat. We originally thought that maybe you'd have to check in every 30 minutes or so and give up your boat if there was someone waiting. This is not the case.

At least at WL they won't rent a boat after 4:45-ish because they clear the lake around 5:15. So plan accordingly.

Thank you!

We have easily spent that much before just renting boats, and never new about the package! I agree about the bigger lakes we prefer to rent at CR & Poly also! Definately will look into a plan this august! Thanks again, MKY :D

So glad I saved that! I do believe this is the BEST value at WDW!!! And you really don't see it advertised or promoted much at all.

Have a great trip!

:bounce: :jester: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce: :jester: :Pinkbounc :jester: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter