Boat to WL after fireworks

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
How is the boat to WL after the fireworks? We're planning on watching from close to the train station and then getting out as quickly as possible. Is this the best plan?

Pretty much all transportation out of MK after the fireworks is a bit of a nightmare, but your plan is the best you can do to beat the rush. You should be ahead of the masses if make haste straight to the dock.

Not really because they will hold the boat until it's absolutely packed, even standing room is full. Speaking from experience.

With the huge mass of people exiting after MK fireworks, you are going to be in long lines regardless of the type of transportation you choose. Can you watch from WL and avoid the crowds if that is where you are staying? Last time we were at Disney and stayed at the Contemporary, we watched from there and didn't have to deal with the crowds.

Or grab some ice cream on Main St. , pull up a chair, then watch the park empty.....30 mins later you stroll out alone....all quiet & serene :)
Recommend this SO much! I prefer hanging out on the hub grass but basically same thought. Why inch your way down Main Street and crush into/onto transportation when you can calmly hang out in the MK and then peacefully head out of the park?!

We stayed at WL in Jan and we watched the fireworks just like you described but was out right before the finale. We caught the first boat back and yes, it was full, but trip was quick. MK is crowded and fireworks viewing was awful in the back with everyone having their phone up and little kids on parent shoulders. I much preferred the outdoor seating at Geyser Point at WL. We went down 3 nights and ate our dessert in the comfy chairs down by the water watching the fireworks basically by ourselves. They pump the music in at the bar. Can’t stress how much I enjoyed this. No, you can’t see the castle projections but didn’t see them very good near the train station anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter