Boardwalk Villas square feet (And sq feet of DVC resorts)

BWV-Truthfully they built/designed them too small. In the 1BR whether the sleeper sofa is open or not, the villa is significantly devoid of living/sitting space, the addition of the 2nd br door and the slider make it impossible (see pic prior to reno). In the living room, there's not enough space to add a sleeper chair, a single blow up mattress, or even a sleeping bag for that matter IMO, not if you want to use the sofa bed! Short of putting in a pillow and blanket in the jacuzzi tub, thus why we never stay at this resort though we like the resort/area. Unless of course you want to put that extra body in the master suite with you but, me, I provide and pay for the villa, so that's where I draw the line... I found the 2 bedroom at BWV which is suppose to accomodate 9, still tight, you have to sit and eat in shifts.

FYI-The OKW sleeper chair, my 6'4 son sleeps comfortable in it!

Well, from your pictures, I can see a sleeping bag/blow up mattress in between the sit down "kitchen table with chairs" and the kitchen "bar stool" area. Would have to move the chairs, but I can see the room for a 5th person-albeight tight!!

As for "eating in shifts" in the 2 BR, I would eat out on the patio! Best of both worlds- views of pool/HS and eating!!!

Well, from your pictures, I can see a sleeping bag/blow up mattress in between the sit down "kitchen table with chairs" and the kitchen "bar stool" area. Would have to move the chairs, but I can see the room for a 5th person-albeight tight!!

As for "eating in shifts" in the 2 BR, I would eat out on the patio! Best of both worlds- views of pool/HS and eating!!!
That patio (balcony) is barely big enough for two people sitting in a chair. It's not the OKW porch.

So you move the chairs. To where? And that leaves no where for the guests on the sleeper sofa to get to the bathroom during the night. Our son was able to put the sofa cushions in a row at the foot of the sleeper sofa one time when he got stuck sleeping on the floor (his aunt didn't want to share the sleeper sofa with him). It was tight, but worked out okay.

I can see the room for a 5th person-albeight tight!!
:rotfl2:Hey to each his own. Some do 4/5 in a studio. We did BWV with 8, once! It’s not my ideal way of vacationing (we had to toss the teenagers out of the sofa (into my king) so we could fold it up just to navigate in and out of the other room and back to make coffee. I decided then and there, for large stays I’ll stick to OKW, even if it’s Food & Wine, I don’t care. Long gone are my college days, 10 to room, pillows, blankets on the floor!

That patio (balcony) is barely big enough for two people sitting in a chair. It's not the OKW porch.

So you move the chairs. To where? And that leaves no where for the guests on the sleeper sofa to get to the bathroom during the night. Our son was able to put the sofa cushions in a row at the foot of the sleeper sofa one time when he got stuck sleeping on the floor (his aunt didn't want to share the sleeper sofa with him). It was tight, but worked out okay.

Well, we we stay in a BWV 1BR in September, we may be having 5 people in our 1BR for 1-2 nights of the 6 nights we are there. I will report back as to where the 5th person will be. We will make it work for the nights he is there. Keep you posted...

As for the balcony, it is small, but if 5 people are eating at the same time in the 1BR villa, 2 or 3 can eat at the table, 2/3 on the couch and or 1/2 on the
patio (balcony)... Seems like plenty of room to me...:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter