Boardwalk 1 Bedroom STD View at 7 months June

CSpork

Earning My Ears
Trying to gather family for a vacation at WDW. Our home resort is BLT and really have not deviated from there except a great trip to AK Villas. We would like to get a standard view 1 BR and will be at 7mo window in June. Are we crazy and should just begin to accept that that view will not be available?

One bedroom in June is possible. Perhaps even probable, though I would have a backup plan. June isn't that in demand for DVCers and 1 bedrooms go last, particularly at the BW where they are parts of lockoffs.

The Standard view might not be available (Standard views for all room sizes usually go first), but I would agree with a PP that you would have a probable chance at getting a Garden view.

Have a great trip! It's our favorite location!!

I've done a BWV 1BR standard over the slightly more difficult July 4th

While a BWV standard would be a pipe dream in october, I think Summer is possible.

Currently waitlisted for one over Presidents' week - they were done in the 1st hour at the 7mo window. Availability popped up a few days into the 7 month window and I wasn't quick enough to get it, and now there's only a couple isolated days open during the week. (Same with BLT 1br std, though). I would definitely budget and have pool/garden or even BW view 1BR as a backup, though. W

It's not that I don't think it possible. It's more that if you plan points assuming a certainty, if it doesn't come through you'll be in a panic about trip length or booking.

I've gotten a BWV standard 1BR in OCTOBER at the 7 month window so I would imagine that it is possible in June. Just make sure you are on the website at 8am exactly when your 7-month window opens and use the WL if needed. Good Luck!

Just curious, how does it work at the 7 month window if you have a current reservation at your home resort that uses all of your points? Are you able to swap the existing reservation for a new one like you do with a dining reservation (ensuring you don't give up the existing reservation unless you secure the new one) or do you basically have to cancel the existing reservation and hope you can book the new one fast enough so that you don't lose both? Thanks, Greg

Just curious, how does it work at the 7 month window if you have a current reservation at your home resort that uses all of your points? Are you able to swap the existing reservation for a new one like you do with a dining reservation (ensuring you don't give up the existing reservation unless you secure the new one) or do you basically have to cancel the existing reservation and hope you can book the new one fast enough so that you don't lose both? Thanks, Greg
You cannot just swap the old reservation for a new one. There are ways to begin booking the new reservations with one browser and canceling the other reservation using another browser. Do a search for "two browser method" and you should be able to find posts that describe the method in detail.

The other option is to call MS and ask the CM to cancel the existing reservation and book the other. That would entail waiting an extra hour for MS to open after website booking begins.

There's a possibility that you could lose both reservations, either thru CM error or a website glitch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter