BLT or VGF?

purpleknightjc

Earning My Ears
I am a new dvc owner and trying to decide between staying at blt studio lake view or gf studio standard view. is there a difference in room size? pros and cons to both would be appreciated!! oh, staying during december, and there is only 2 point difference between rooms-gf being higher. :santa::santa:

I am a new dvc owner and trying to decide between staying at blt studio lake view or gf studio standard view. is there a difference in room size? pros and cons to both would be appreciated!! oh, staying during december, and there is only 2 point difference between rooms-gf being higher. :santa::santa:

It's really a preference in style. That said, for a stay in November, you're going to need home resort booking advantage at eleven months to stay in either of these room categories.

In fact, if you're talking about December 2014, I'm fairly confident both are already completely booked. The GF standard and BLT standard are the most popular room sizes and categories at each resort respectively.

Even in DVC off season (say February or May) these room categories will be tough without home resort priority. Definitely not impossible, but hit or miss. For December, book where you own and see if anything you would like to switch into is available at seven months. Most (but not all) members end up at their home resort in December.

As a owner, you will have years to stay at all of the resorts many times over.

Just roll the dice and pick one for this stay and the other for the next. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

How many in your party? Studios at BLT are tiny 339 sq ft vs VGF at 374. I really liked the BLT studio when I was there last Dec with just my 10yo DD but it would be tight with more than 2. I really liked the galley kitchenette but it takes up a lot of room.

I really loved being able to walk to MK from BLT and liked that parking was relatively close so driving to other parks was easy. Also really liked convenience of CR being right next door for easy access to quick service. We took the boat to Ft Wilderness one night for a sleigh ride.

I've never stayed at VGF but photos make the room look much larger than BLT. Bathroom looks nicer. And VGF has the Murphy bed so the studio sleeps 5.

I'd stay in Grand Floridian for this stay..... I think availability at this resort will become more difficult as it sells out. Take advantage sooner, rather than later.

its just me and my hubby, but after i found the square footage of the rooms, i thought blt was really small, especially for a dvc! well, thats the one that is reserved and im on the wait list for gf studio. just wasnt sure if blt was worth it just because of towers views of fireworks and walking to MK. (never stayed at contemporary either)

I'm in a VGF studio right now, it is awesome. I stayed at BLT last year and the setup was really cramped, wasted space in the kitchenette area. One advantage for BLT - walk to MK.

its just me and my hubby, but after i found the square footage of the rooms, i thought blt was really small, especially for a dvc! well, thats the one that is reserved and im on the wait list for gf studio. just wasnt sure if blt was worth it just because of towers views of fireworks and walking to MK. (never stayed at contemporary either)

For the 2 of you, BLT studio will be fine. DW and I stay in BLT studios and have no issues. In fact, I am claustrophobic and have no problems in a BLT studio.

BLT studio is larger than a DCL Magic and Wonder Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (304 sq. ft. including verandah).

In addition, BLT studios may have the most storage space of any DVC studio.

We like to stay in the studios at BLT. The only thing I miss is having a full size nightstand. We really like the kitchenette because we actually use it. Tons of storage and counter space compared to a regular studio kitchenette. The balconies are spacious.

Haven't stayed at VGF yet so can't give an opinion. I'm sure you will have a great time wherever you end up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter