Blackout day ticket question

ca mom to 2

Earning My Ears
Could someone explain how the blackout tickets work? I think I remember seeing that they are $30. We have company coming from out of town next week, and my husband is going with them to Disneyland. It's just too hot for my little ones right now, and the other family will be trying to see as much as they can in a day or two.

Our guests already have tickets. Can we go buy my husband a blackout day ticket this weekend for use next week? Does he need to carry his annual pass and the black out day ticket? Can he park hop that day?

He's the kind that likes to know exactly what's going to happen, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Cathy

They are $30 and yes you can park hop. I am not sure about buying a blackout ticket in advance. When we did it last month, we simply went to the ticket booth in the Espanlande and upgraded, it took about five minutes. He will need his annual pass with him to prove he is an AP holder so they can issue the separate, blackout ticket that he will then use with the AP to enter the parks. For fastpassing he will need only the blackout ticket. Also, if he is able to get any discounts at restaurants etc., he will need his AP for that. Hope that helps!

We did that once and tried to purchase the ticket the day before and were told we had to buy it the day of. I was kind of stressing about waiting in a long line on a Sat., but we went early and it wasn't a big deal. We got a paper park ticket to use for gate entrance, fastpass, etc.
Have a great time! :sunny:

Thank you both so much for the information! You saved me a trip this weekend, and now we know where he needs to go first.

Thanks again!

Cathy

Also while not all CMs check, your parking is only valid when your AP is valid. I have gone to DL when all APs but premium is blocked out, and they look carefully to see that it is a premium before allowing parking. So be prepared he may need to pay for parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter