Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Team Challenge for Losers and Maintainers!!!

Well it's official! I've signed up for the Biggest Loser 'No Excuses' 2012 team challenge as a loser and there's no turning back now!!

It's never felt so good to be a loser! :cool1:

I can't to get to know all of you guys! Especially everyone on Team Donald! :thumbsup2

I'll join! (I sent a PM)

I've seen these posts and always wondered about them but I figure the best way to learn about it is to try it!

I just had gallbladder surgery last week so I'm trying to eat low fat. I've been absolutely astounded at the amount of fat and calories in the foods we eat. I guess I was in denial!

Ideally I'd like to lose weight and run the Expedition Everest Challenge in May.

I'm in. I have problems staying motivated, so I'm hoping the "public" accountability will help. DH lost 80 lbs in 2009 without ever working out, just using portion control and losely watching calories. It makes me feel defeated when I watch every calorie, drink obscene amounts of water (while he's still drinking soda), and working out and being lucky to average 1 lb a week. :sad2: However, an average of 1-1.5 lbs per week would have me in my target range by the time we go back to Disney. I'm trying to focus on that. :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!

I will introduce myself more in the upcoming days, but I wanted to pop in and say that I am very much looking forward to co-hosting as host of Team Mickey!

I am also looking forward to coaching Healthy Habits again. As with the last challenge, I am going to post a few hits before the challenge starts. The first round of Healthy Habits will start on Jan. 1, 2012. You will find that I am detail-oriented and repeat myself. Feel free to let me know when I've overdone it. ;)

Healthy Habits Spring 2012 Hint #1: Buy/Find, etc. yourself a notebook in a size that you find functional and ideally, that fits wherever you will have it at all times.

I bought myself a notebook today that fits in my VB mini hipster. My purse is always at my side so that was a perfect choice for me.

Off to finish a few odds and ends.

Have a great day tomorrow everyone!

Healthy Habits Spring 2012 Hint #1: Buy/Find, etc. yourself a notebook in a size that you find functional and ideally, that fits wherever you will have it at all times.

I bought myself a notebook today that fits in my VB mini hipster. My purse is always at my side so that was a perfect choice for me.

Can't wait to see what you have cooked up this time!!! popcorn::
Janis

I'm in. I swear I'll stick this time:thumbsup2

On the fence about maintaining or losing this time around. Got my eye on a new workout video to do actually 2. 1 needs kettlebells which i don't have. But I NEED motivation and help keeping on track, especially after Christmas:rotfl2:

Count me in as a wanna-be loser :).

While I wasn't too successful weightloss-wise over the last two challenges, I think keeping up with the conversations/threads kept me from gaining weight.

This time, I am determined to get that ticker in my signature moving more quickly. While 21 pounds lost seems great - it was all done in Jan, Feb and March. I was completely stagnant for the last nine months of 2011. :sad2:

- Laura

I'll join! (I sent a PM)

I've seen these posts and always wondered about them but I figure the best way to learn about it is to try it!

I just had gallbladder surgery last week so I'm trying to eat low fat. I've been absolutely astounded at the amount of fat and calories in the foods we eat. I guess I was in denial!

Ideally I'd like to lose weight and run the Expedition Everest Challenge in May.

Your surgery was last week? How are you feeling? From what I remember recovery from this surgery was so hard!

I'm in. I have problems staying motivated, so I'm hoping the "public" accountability will help. DH lost 80 lbs in 2009 without ever working out, just using portion control and losely watching calories. It makes me feel defeated when I watch every calorie, drink obscene amounts of water (while he's still drinking soda), and working out and being lucky to average 1 lb a week. :sad2: However, an average of 1-1.5 lbs per week would have me in my target range by the time we go back to Disney. I'm trying to focus on that. :thumbsup2

It's uncanny how they can do that... My dh is the same way one week he'll decide that he's going on a diet and before you know it he's lost an outstanding amount of weight. :headache:

I'm in! I've lost 10 lbs in the last year, but want to lose more. I've said that if I can get down to the 130's by February (about 6 lbs away), I will audition to be a performer at the theme park I work at. I've been doing Jenny Craig and enjoying it.

Your surgery was last week? How are you feeling? From what I remember recovery from this surgery was so hard!

You know, it's a little worse than I anticipated. I figured I would be 100% by now but I am still in pain a decent amount. My stomach is still swollen and I'm dying to sleep on my stomach or at the very least my side! I'm super nervous about food right now! My sister flew down to help with DS and tonight we went to Magic Kingdom and I sat and watched her eat Casey's!

Thankfully I don't go back to school until Tuesday.

But on the bright side I have lost some weight in the last week just by eating low fat!

Have you had any digestive issues as a result of the surgery? That's the part that makes me nervous!

Good Morning. I'll have to actually read the thread later, but want to make sure that I get signed up. I'm excited to get going. I think DH (kitchensinkguy) will be joining us too :goodvibes We both have our goals and I think we've even found our motivation.!!

My search for a co-hostess is over!!! I am pleased to announce that CC has volunteered to hostess Team Mickey, in addition to her duties as the HH coach. Thank you CC!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

:cheer2:

Janis
Thank you so much CC for signing up as hostess!!

I stumbled upon this thread, much like Bicki did....I am really looking forward to being a part of the challenge. I have 100+ pounds to lose and I've been slowly dropping weight with exercise ( and training for the disney 1/2 marathon, which is next weekend) and losing weight, but I'm hoping that having some support will push me even further.

I look forward to starting the challenge!!!
Is the disney half your first half? Several of us did last years Princess half as our first, and it was just so amazing. Good luck to you!!!:goodvibes We'd love to hear all about it.

Hi Everyone!

I will introduce myself more in the upcoming days, but I wanted to pop in and say that I am very much looking forward to co-hosting as host of Team Mickey!

I am also looking forward to coaching Healthy Habits again. As with the last challenge, I am going to post a few hits before the challenge starts. The first round of Healthy Habits will start on Jan. 1, 2012. You will find that I am detail-oriented and repeat myself. Feel free to let me know when I've overdone it. ;)

Thank you for hosting the HH again, CC. You are so creative with them, I can't wait to see what you do this time, and am determined to follow through with them this challenge.

Count me in as a wanna-be loser :).

While I wasn't too successful weightloss-wise over the last two challenges, I think keeping up with the conversations/threads kept me from gaining weight.

This time, I am determined to get that ticker in my signature moving more quickly. While 21 pounds lost seems great - it was all done in Jan, Feb and March. I was completely stagnant for the last nine months of 2011. :sad2:

- Laura
Sounds like jan/feb/march is your time to shine. I bet you can lose another 21 pounds this challenge. :thumbsup2 And remember maintaining that loss over 9 months is a huge success too.

Good morning everyone!! Looking forward to this challenge, and am hoping to start with my pre christmas weight. I'm up 3 pounds, but I know a lot of that is fluid/salt related, and the salty foods are pretty much gone, a few straggling cookies hanging around, and today I plan to get to the grocery store and get some good healthy foods to start the new year off on the right foot.

Good luck everyone!!

Good morning everyone!! Looking forward to this challenge, and am hoping to start with my pre christmas weight. I'm up 3 pounds, but I know a lot of that is fluid/salt related, and the salty foods are pretty much gone, a few straggling cookies hanging around, and today I plan to get to the grocery store and get some good healthy foods to start the new year off on the right foot.

La, la, la -- just making sure I don't miss any threads while I follow you around this morning. :rolleyes1

I bet you can get back to your pre Christmas weight by the time we weigh in on Sunday. :thumbsup2 Have fun grocery shopping.

La, la, la -- just making sure I don't miss any threads while I follow you around this morning. :rolleyes1

I bet you can get back to your pre Christmas weight by the time we weigh in on Sunday. :thumbsup2 Have fun grocery shopping.
:rotfl2: Thanks! I think I can, I think I can. Especially if I get off my butt now and take the dog out. :rotfl:

Morning Everyone!

I woke up on the right side of the bed and have a little too much energy! ;)

What better time than now for another HH Hint!

WISH BL Spring 2012 Healthy Habits Hint #2: Find/Buy/Borrow, etc. measuring cups and spoons.

If you have a scale, a large bowl that has its measurements on it, or anything else that you know its measurements, dig those out too.

Here is some "food for thought." :rotfl2:
- We have a Corelle set from the '70s. It came with coffee cups. I did an experiment and it holds exactly 1 cup at the rim. It is perfect for my morning cup of milk.
- We have large plastic "glasses" that hold just over 16 fl. oz. They are perfect for meals. I use them as an easy way to drink 16 oz during breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Look around your kitchen. Things have measurements on them more than I ever realized. Do you have any Ziploc type storage containers? All of mine have their respective measurements on the bottom of the container.

Good luck! Happy searching! :goodvibes

ETA: I stated that the Corelle set is from the '70s because designs change. I am not trying to imply anything.

Just in case...

I'm in. Thank you.

Hi everyone! :goodvibes

I'm going away and never take technology - so hmmm I might be missing in action. But I'll be back soon.

Thank you to all the leaders for your work.

I'd really like to join in, but i will have to put it out there in public, upfront ...two things...first i don't know how reliable i will be and two i honestly don't know if i'll be able to lose weight

so why do i want to join, i want to be a part of a support group -- i need to make some healthy changes again in my lifestyle and i need accountability

why the pessimistic outlook? i am recovering from pituitary gland resection surgery and Cushing's disease, actually i'm retesting during the next couple weeks to see if I still have high cortisol (the body's natural steroid) which would explain why i haven't lost weight post-op. I still have Cushing's symptoms including central weight obesity. I have 50 lbs to lose from this dreaded disease but I have to be cured from it first. That is unknown at this point...

I just have to give my hats off to all the folks who step-up and make the BL challenges happen!!! it's awesome that over all these years this challenge continues and thrives...must be something going on good here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter