Biggest changes 2014 to 2016?

logandsol

Earning My Ears
Our last trip was in November 2014. I thought I was keeping up on all of the changes, but a recent check on the new posts has me a little worried. So, can anyone give me a quick rundown of any big changes that I need to be aware of since 2014? For example, the Star Wars Fireworks is new to me, but is that showing when we will be there? (Nov. 28-Dec. 7th).

I know it's a lot, but I'm looking for big changes. We aren't into parades, so that doesn't matter as much. My DS 12 loves Star Wars, so info on that is big. My DD 9 doesn't freak out about princesses like she used to.

Sorry for the long post and TIA!

At MK, all the hub work is done.

At HS, no more Osborne Lights, new Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Fireworks show. A lot more Star Wars, meet and greets, shows, props. Star Wars Fireworks, but it won't be playing while you are there. Extra track at TSM so waits are a little shorter.

At Epcot, Maelstrom gone, Frozen Ever After replaced it. Most of Innoventions closed.

At Animal Kingdom, Safari changed including night time rides. Tree of Life comes alive at night. Could be new night time show, no one know when it premiers.

Downtown Disney is now Disney Springs, added restaurants, upscale shops, and parking garages.

Also,

MK has a new stage show, Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire, which replaced Dream Along with Mickey. Main Street Electrical Parade ended and there is no longer a nighttime parade. Celebrate the Magic was replaced by Once Upon a Time and is currently scheduled to play after Wishes instead of before and after

If you are attending the Christmas party, Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration is the new stage show which just premiered this year

Soarin' has changed to Soarin' Over The World, a new film featuring landmarks and locations from all around the world

Funny! We will be there around the same time and the last time we were there was Sept. 2014. Similar stories! :-)

Yup, us too. We go every 2 years. November 2014 and now November 2016. We leave tomorrow! There have been some changes, but nothing too awfully major I think. Small adjustments. I think some things will be great and beneficial like the second track at TSM and the extra theater at Soarin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter