Best & Worst Attractions Costumes

Thanks guys! One of the reasons I love Disney so much is because of the differences in cultures and sizes of people that work there. I'm glad to know they have a wide amount of sizes and that they will make something for me if something didn't fit right. I've seen people of all sizes working there so I kinda thought that's how it would be, but I guess I just wanted to put my mind at ease:)

Don't worry. You'll have something that fits.:)

Now if they could just make some of them more fashionable.:rolleyes1

haha i hear where you are comin' from! My current work uniform is hideous! We basically look like a pumpkin. A couple people actually quit because they couldn't stand what the work uniform looked like *but that's a whole other story*...

I actually don't mind working in crazy uniforms. My theory is that everyone else working with me will look just as hideous. haha. And... it's not like you wear it outside of work. Once you're off, you can go back to your regular clothes!

haha i hear where you are comin' from! My current work uniform is hideous! We basically look like a pumpkin. A couple people actually quit because they couldn't stand what the work uniform looked like *but that's a whole other story*...

I actually don't mind working in crazy uniforms. My theory is that everyone else working with me will look just as hideous. haha. And... it's not like you wear it outside of work. Once you're off, you can go back to your regular clothes!

The Disney costumes I have worn have run the range from quite nice (character attendant) to downright awful (Fantasyland merch).

Now if they could just make some of them more fashionable.:rolleyes1

And... I'll say AMEN to THAT! :goodvibes

And would it have hurt them to design a costume for Kilimanjaro Safaris?

Seriously, adding a patch to the sleeve of the Jungle Cruise costumes does not make a new costume!

Also, can we use a different khaki color than dirty mustard, please? Who's with me?!!!

(Sorry, I my concentration at uni was costume/scenic design, so I'm a bit passionate about this...lol)

The Disney costumes I have worn have run the range from quite nice (character attendant) to downright awful (Fantasyland merch).

I'm really hoping to be a character attendant. I'm going to stress that as my number one choice. Can you choose shorts/pants? Or do you have to go with one or the other?

I'm really hoping to be a character attendant. I'm going to stress that as my number one choice. Can you choose shorts/pants? Or do you have to go with one or the other?

Oh yeah, you can wear both. You don't have to be forced to wear one over the other.

What's tailor's sizing? Is it supposed to be like closer to what sizes used to be? lol does that make everyone depressed when they are like two/three (thats a guess) sizes bigger than they normally are? lol

What's tailor's sizing? Is it supposed to be like closer to what sizes used to be? lol does that make everyone depressed when they are like two/three (thats a guess) sizes bigger than they normally are? lol

I honestly don't remember my "disney size", so it either ends up being double, i.e. I'm a US size 6, so I was like a 12 there, or it's like the European sizing where I'm a size 36 or 38!!! It has to do with cm and tailor measurements. I did it all when I was studying costume design at Uni, but Disney's size scale has slipped my mind for the moment...

It's a fun adventure at costuming the 1st day and if you pick up extra hours somewhere...

ooooh what a great thread! I'll keep my eyes on this....

Anyone know what kind of shoes we have to wear to work at Disney? I'm assuming they are chosen for us?

So, I assume that I will be outfitted with the basic water gear; one piece, shorts and t-shirt, glasses and visor....

So, what happens to me when the end of the year comes around? Are the pools closed? Or do I have to suffer through chilly water? >w< I hate the cold water so much when the weather stinks...spoiled Texan here.pirate:

So, I assume that I will be outfitted with the basic water gear; one piece, shorts and t-shirt, glasses and visor....

So, what happens to me when the end of the year comes around? Are the pools closed? Or do I have to suffer through chilly water? >w< I hate the cold water so much when the weather stinks...spoiled Texan here.pirate:

I had a friend who was a lifeguard. If I'm not mistaken, Disney's pools I believe have heaters in them for colder weather from what he told me.

I like my photopass costume... but CP's can't do it.

Although I hate the knickers, which are 3/4 length pants with a hidious collared shirt. The knickers are worn by merchadise carts, balloon vendors, and the photographers only on main st. Casey has the same thing but at least they're inside.

The only costume I can think of at AK with a skirt is merchandise in discovery island.

And for the shoes, either all white, all black, or at DAK or Frontierland brown boots. Usually they'll let you get away with just brown shoes. You can have any brand you want, and plenty of the stores around here carry a lot of all white/black. Almost all the shoes I see are new balances, including mine.
Wide World of Sports is the only area that will allow you have any logos visible. Meaning you can wear those white nike's with a big black check on the side, but in the parks, it better be a big white check (or at least like silver and sorta invisible).

Do the people who work at BBB have to wear the same standard back shoe that everyone else wears?

My roommate was a Fairy Godmother-in-Training and I went shoe shopping with her. They wear black Mary Janes (shoes with the strap on top, like little girl shoes!) MJ's are my favorite!! but i wouldn't suggest getting high heeled MJ's, because you will be standing for long periods of time. My roommate had problems with her feet and such.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter