"Best" weather for cruising? Months?

Just for curiosity sake~what is the weather like in Jan?

and ty you all btw:)

January is awesome. Ocean was like glass, air temps are in the 80s (70s CC) and we could swim each day on ship or in port no problems. We prefer January to get out of the cold NE winters. We are now going in February though due to DS school vacation schedule.

January is awesome. Ocean was like glass, air temps are in the 80s (70s CC) and we could swim each day on ship or in port no problems. We prefer January to get out of the cold NE winters. We are now going in February though due to DS school vacation schedule.

If you're in the Caribbean, you'll probably have warm temps. If going only to the Bahamas, you could have chilly weather in January - especially early in January like last month.

We went to the Caribbean in January 8 years ago and we were literally sweating at every island stop. The oceans were calm and we had a fantastic time. Right now I have almost 3 feet of snow on my lawn here in MD. We booked a cruise for next January to the Caribbean. I guess it's a bit of a gamble!

We did December for our first cruise and will never do it again. The weather was at times a bit chilly and VERY windy. We did not dock at CC.

Wow! I did not know that there is a chance that the ship would not dock at Castaway Cay! That would be a bummer.

Has anyone else had this problem that the ship did not dock at Castaway Cay in December?

What about June? I haven't heard anything about June (bahamas).

Weather, temp, water temp at CC, rough seas??

Thanks!

June 6, 2009: 2 rainy/overcast days on the ship, but not pouring
Air temp warm, St Maarten water temp - warm, sunny; CC very very
hot, I almost fainted walking from the ship and had to sit in the shade or be in the water, must have been 90's and 95% humidity. That was just me though, my husband thought it was just nice and hot.
I would definitely go again in June, I would just be prepared for CC to
be a sit still in the shade day and not think I could rent a bike (!)
No rough seas at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter