• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to go????

mmuskie

WI Musky Hunter
I'm looking for help. Okay, heres the scoop. I plan on taking two trips to DW in 2002. I will be going in June 2002 with my wife and three teenage kids and again in October 2002 with my in-laws. We would like to stay on property and we would like a separate room for the kids in June and a separate room for the in-laws in October. What is the most economical way to go (passes/resorts/meals,etc.)? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The least expensive resorts on property are called Value Resorts. These include the three All-Star Resorts and beginning in March next year, Pop Century. Two rooms at any of these resorts will be your least expensive lodging option. To decide on passes, you should have an idea of what type of touring you want to do. Do you want to visit only the theme parks, or do you also want to visit the Disney water parks and Pleasure Island? Disney has MANY options for passes, but the most economical admit you only to the 4 Disney theme parks. As for meals, you can run the gamut! There are very expensive full service meals and reasonably inexpensive counter service meals. My best advice would be to take a look at the planning section of this website for information on resorts and passes. After you have an understanding of what is offered, perhaps you will be able to be more specific with any questions.

Good Luck!

Here is what I was thinking:

June trip:
Buy a PAP (we are doing water parks and DQ) for my wife and I
Book two rooms at the ASMu
Get the kids a Resort Magic Pass

October trip:
Use the PAP for the wife and I
Book two rooms at the ASMo
Get the in-laws the Resort Magic Pass

Can I expect to get discounted room rates if I get a PAP?
Do I need to have the PAP before I book at the PAP reduced rate?

Any other $$$ saving ideas?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

You could also rent points from a DVC member and stay in a Home Away From Home Resort(Old Key West, Boardwalk Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas). You can read more on this at the Rent/Trade Board on this site. This way might cost slightly more than two rooms at the All Stars, but if you got a two bedroom you would have two full bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen, living area and washer/dryer.

Just an idea :)

To answer your questions about the Annual Pass Holder discount:

1) It is difficult to predict when the AP Holder discounts are available, but in the past you could usually get a discount in June and sometimes early October. The availability of the discount is usually driven by occupancy. If Disney needs to fill the resorts, they will offer the discount.

2) You do not have to have your AP (or PAP) in hand to make a reservation with the AP Holder discount. You will need to have the PAP (or voucher) for presentation at check-in to receive the rate.

Disney releases Annual Pass Holder discounts approximately one month prior to a discount period. This is not to say it would be May before you heard anything about discounts for June. The discounts are released in periods, so a discount for June may be on the end of a discount period that begins in March or April. It is best to watch the boards for information on Annual Pass Holder discounts. Whenever a new discount period is released, someone usually posts the information. I also wanted to advise that when you ask about the discount, you should call it an Annual Pass Holder discount. Many people have asked about "AP discounts" or "AP rates" and the Disney Cast Member had no idea what they were talking about.

I hope this information helps!

Since your teenage "kids" are adults according to Disney, I suggest that you get park hopper plus passes and split them between the kids and your in-laws. Whatever days left on your kids' passes can be used by your in-laws. Resort Magic Passes expire the day you check out so if any of you are sick or just don't do the parks one day, you're stuck and would have wasted a day.

It all depends on how many days you will all be at Disney. Price out the difference between two 7-day park hopper pluses and two 4-day park hoppers (or any other combinations) and the 4 Resort Magic Passes. If after both trips there are days or pluses left on the passes, they never expire and can be used for future trips.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter