Best way to get to Hollywood from Anaheim?

dave73

Earning My Ears
We are staying in Anaheim for 10 days in Oct/Nov and want to head in to Hollywood.

We have been a few times before so don't want a tour, Just transport to Hollywood basically. We then want to head out from there probably on the hop on hop off bus to see other things such as Beverley Hills or Santa Monica. We want a good full day doing our own thing including time in Hollywood. We are happy to head in over a couple of days.

Problem is the only shuttle i can find from Anaheim to Hollywood by allanaheimtours doesn't pick up from anaheim until 11am and picks up for the return trip at 5pm.

By the time we get to Hollywood then head elsewhere we don't get alot of time.

Can anyone suggest a good way to get from Ahaheim to Hollywood and back at a reasonable price.

There must be earlier shuttles or buses that take people earlier, it will be midday or later by the time we get in and half the day is gone.

Thanks

I don't know of any shuttles that run a regular
schedule that would meet your needs. Perhaps
public transportation is you best option.

I'd say to rent a car, but if that's not an option take the Amtrak from the Anaheim or Fullerton station to Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles, and then the Metro red line to Hollywood.

I'd say to rent a car, but if that's not an option take the Amtrak from the Anaheim or Fullerton station to Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles, and then the Metro red line to Hollywood.
Or you can use the Metrolink commuter trains (same stations), which is a bit cheaper and the subway fare is free (i.e. included in the cost of the train fare). Some detail here: http://www.metrolinktrains.com/fares/?id=6

You can get to Anaheim station by taking Art route #15 or the OCTA #50 bus. Alternatively you can get to the Fullerton station by taking the #43 bus northbound on Harbor Blvd. You save a bit by using the Fullerton station since it's closer to L.A.

Thanks for the tips, I found a shuttle from Anaheim to Hollywood, it leaves at 11am and heads back at 7pm which gives us plenty of time. Found it through the Anaheim visitor centre.

Thanks for the tips, I found a shuttle from Anaheim to Hollywood, it leaves at 11am and heads back at 7pm which gives us plenty of time. Found it through the Anaheim visitor centre.
Please give us the name and cost so we can pass that along to others that ask the same question in the future. :idea:

im just throwing out suggestions here but what about a limo ride? that sounds pretty cool. :thumbsup2

My advice is probably too late, but if you really want to open your day up to changing plans on a whim, and checking out some other places, hire a car. It's the best way to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter