Best way to add a 15th night to trip?

CounselorX

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,
I'm planning a 14 night trip but my best flight option arrives at MCO around midnight, which has led me to ponder the possibility of staying 15 nights instead of 14, so that we have 14 useable days. However, 14 nights is the maximum Disney allows us to book, so what would be the best way of doing this? Is it possible to have 2 reservations, with 1 of them being just a one-night stay at the tail end of our trip? Will this create any logistical problems? I'm not sure if it's possible to manage 2 reservations within MDE. Any advice on how I can accomplish this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

You can manage 2 reservations in MDE. People do split stays all the time. Most switch hotels in the middle of their trip, but you can do it however works best for you. If you’re set on staying all 14 nights in one room and your flight in is later at night or flight out is early morning, it may be worth doing the single night at an airport hotel.

Otherwise, it may be better to do a 8 night and 7 night stay or 5/5/5 if there are 2 or 3 resorts you’d want to see. Though the splits can sometimes mess up dining reservations, etc, as in, you can only make them for the length of the stays

Regardless of how you do it, on the day you switch reservations, you can take your bags to the front desk and ask to have them transferred to your next hotel while you head to a park or go enjoy the day elsewhere.

Here’s a great blog post on the logistics of split stays:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/resort-split-stay-disney-world/

You can add another night at your current hotel as a separate reservation and visit the front desk when you arrive to note a continuing stay so you can keep your same room. We’ve had to do that sever times over the years, most recently they had already made the notation before we arrived.

Totally agree with above. If it were me, I'd either split in the middle to get to experience a different resort each week or I'd do an airport hotel on one end.

If I did split with airport, I'd just pack what you need for the first/last night in your carry on so you don't have to break into any of the big bags, choose one that has free breakfast so you can grab something to eat before you head to Disney/your flight.

Thank you everyone for the advice! I think I was probably over-thinking it and should have known that people do split-stays all the time. For some reason, I was imagining that dealing with 2 reservations in MDE could be problematic, but it looks like I should be ok. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter