Best things for WDW Newbies to do!

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
I need some help here! I am taking my Dad and his GF to WDW for his first time this December! I am so excited that he is joining me on this trip, but I want to make it really magical for him. Give me some suggestions on what to do with a WDW newbie to really make it enjoyable for him? Or, what not to do!

Thanks!
D4D

OH! *and*, my best friend and Disney enabler, can join us for the weekend in Dec too! Double trouble!

What not to do:
  • Don't commando them
  • Don't make a plan and refuse to deviate from it

What to do:
  • A few sit-down dinners
  • Fireworks
  • Have them read some guidebooks
  • Stay on property
  • MVMCP, if available

Most of all, relax and enjoy yourselves, and remember to give Dad and his GF some alone time.

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

another great thing you can do is one of the magic kingdom back stage tours they are a lot of fun typically small groups of like 20 or so and you can get a lot out of them... make ressies at the california grill for dinner about for 20 minutes be fore the fireworks go off and ask if you can get a window seat its a beautiful way to watch the fireworks...when ever we go down as a family we always do that for dinner they have great food granted it is really expensive... I hope your dad and his GF enjoy it
~Jill

Keep it coming!

Don't commando - that I won't do! I don't even commando myself! And I like to play the parks by ear and do things as they strike me.

I will do a couple of dinners with them. How about some other neat dinner ideas that involve fireworks?

I plan on doing the Biergarten, garden grill, and try out Whispering Canyon. I don't have anything else planned. I thought about doing Fantasmic, but I don't know if they will like. I saw Fantasmic and I liked it, but not sure it was best thing since sliced bread and everyone should see it.

I think a tour would be good too, I just need to pick one all ready!

D4D

the keys to the kingdom tour is a really nice tour its 4 hrs long but you get to go into the utilidors they tell you stories like the story behind the haunted mansion and things like that this is actually the tour that when cast members start if they work in the magic kingdom that is they take this tour before the park opens and stuff and its thier introduction into the park before they start "earning thier ears" its a fun little tour and its done daily its like 60 bucks i think or it might be included in the dream maker package... the only other dinner i could think of for the fire works would be in cinderella's castle but i dont know if you can see the fire works im not sure about this ive not eatin up there since i was little.... since you are going down in december and everything will all be decorated how about hotel hopping to see all the hotels decked out my mom loves doing that cause all the hotels look awesome all decorated...your dad might like fantasmic i mean my dad does just dont sit really close where it gets cold cause of the water mists.... but thats my favorite place to sit is like 3 rows back in the center.... you might want to try it or ask them if they want to see it tell them what its about.... or how about asking them what they might like to do as a gift get them the birnbaum's book and let them cruise the pages and get excited about it the trip too...
~Jill

I like seeing Wishes from 'Ohana, and drinking Dos Equus with a side of Churros while watching Illuminations.

Don't forget to take them to the Adventurer's Club.

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

Take your time exploring World Showcase. Make sure you go back into the countries. Let them read up on the restaurants and pick a few to try. There are links on here that let you know when the live entertainment is. The Unofficial Guide to WDW is the best guidebook. They also have a Mini-Mickey version of it that is smaller.

Riding up front on the monorail is a MUST since we did this last time and it was great! Adventurer's Club is also on our list of things to do - we discovered this on our last trip and can't get enough of it! I think Keys to the Kingdom will be the tour I pick (if we do one).

I think Epcot will be a big hit, especually if we get to see alot of the special shows. I think that DQ will be a favorite as well. I like DQ a lot and I know he will love that place! I hope that SSR feels like home, and I think it will.

I will leave some "alone time" built in to things, so if they want to break free, they can. I also think I will plan a night in. Cook dinner, have popcorn, watch a (free) DVD, and maybe play a board game (we have the best time doing this!).

I think this is going to be a great trip! I just want him to have a graet time! I want everyone to see Disney the way I do - the way WE do! My friends! Thank you for the advice, I will heed it all!

D4D

don't forget the MK flag ceremony. its everyday at about 5PM at the flagpole.

I don't think I have ever seen the flag ceremony,, 5pm? I will have to look into that, I haven't seen that before.

Thanks, you guys! I love all the advice I can get here. How is MVMCP on a Firday night? Busy or too busy?

D4D

I've read on a trip repors that character meals can be a hoot. Something like the Cinderella dinner at the GF. Maybe they can embarass your dad and grandpa.

How about looking into getting reservations from a restaurant at the Poly and watching Wishes from there or on the beach.

How about the steam train tour at Magic Kingdom.

Bob Jackson show at Port Orleans Riverside.

This is a must for us during a Christmas visit. The resorts are decorated beautifully. If you enjoy the holiday decorations, make sure to work it in. We plan to take a carriage ride through the Fort Wilderness campground also. The campers decorate and people on the boards say it is great. I also enjoy the different Christmas stories at each country in Epcot. Hope this helps. Have a wonderful trip.

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter