Best Single Disney Park?

Which Is The Best SINGLE Disney Park In The US?

• DL - I've been to WDW numerous times too

• DL - I've only been to WDW a few or zero times

• DCA - I've been to WDW numerous times too

• DCA - I've only been to WDW a few or zero times

• MK - I've been to DLR numerous times too

• MK - I've only been to DLR a few or zero times

• Epcot - I've been to DLR numerous times too

• Epcot - I've only been to DLR a few or zero times

• MGM - I've been to DLR numerous times too

• MGM - I've only been to DLR a few or zero times

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jeff in BigD

Oldschool DISer
I asked this question on the CB a while back. The results were pretty skewed though since most people had only been to WDW, had only been to DL a few times or had gone to DL once after going to WDW a gazillion times & were disappointed with the size of the resort (even though the park is what they should be looking at).

Since most of the posters here seem to be on the more obsessive side then the random poster on the CB, I thought the results would be more telling from fellow freaks.

Anyway, I want to clarify that I'm talking only about the park, straight up, not the full resorts.

Please list your reasons why too.

BTW, I left AK off because there wasn't enough space...& I didn't want someone to get picked on too much. ;)

I voted Epcot but will visit DLR in Sept for the first time. From the maps I've seen of DL it kinda looks like a combination of MK,MGM & Epcot so it may become my favorite. BUT, with a little more improvement, AK could become my #1 park.

I voted for Disneyland, because it is only for a single park. There are a lot of things I like better about the wdw MK than disneyland, but if I think about "if I could only go to one park for one day" and try to be neutral about it, I sort of have to give it to Disneyland. It is just so tiny compared to the MK, but it is packed with things.

But the truth is, I wouldn't actually make that decision like that - give me wdw over disneyland resort.

DR

DL is the smaller & yet manages to boast about 40 rides compared to MKs 25. WDW is great & we love going for Christmas as that's a special kind of feel that you just can't get the other 11 months, but DL just has more of the Walt feel to it. I've always felt that DL is pound for pound the best park: more rides, unique rides, better shows, better hours, better food & less walking.

I guess I'm just shocked at how many people that have responded so far have never been to DLR. :eek:

I voted for DL because it is smaller and much more friendly. After a day at the park I don't feel like I have to get up early the next day to get to yet another park.

I also like the fact that adults work at the park, some of them have been there for years. WDW is full of college students and they can't answer some of the trivia type questions.

Did you know you can't find a Mickey Mouse pancake at WDW?!?

It is much easier to see characters at DL.

I love Walt's apartment / art studio.

Don't get me wrong I love WDW but once every few years is enough for me. DL is a must every year.:)

Did you know you can't find a Mickey Mouse pancake at WDW?!?

Ah, someone like me where a trip to DL isn't complete without a Mickey pancake from the Riverbelle Terrace. However, don't know if these have been a victim of the cutbacks, but you could get a MM pancake, from the "grill" counter at the food court in Dixie Landings (I'm not gonna call it by that other name). You also used to be able to get them at Bonfamille's. Oh, how I miss a MM pancake and fresh, hot beignets!

I'm one who's been to WDW several times and just got back from our first visit to Disneyland. I picked Disneyland as the best park and have every intention of going back. I enjoyed the fact that Main Street isn't just one big souvenir store, that Toontown is so big and well-done, that there is so much to do in Fantasyland, the super entryway of the Haunted Mansion and for the best Disney ride ever IMO, Indiana Jones! I also loved the attention to detail and think that the Grand Californian is a lovely resort.

The only let-downs to me were the food (I think it's better overall at MK) and of course, that funny little diversion next door called the California Adventure. But that's another discussion. ;)

Originally posted by Planogirl
The only let-downs to me were the food (I think it's better overall at MK) and of course, that funny little diversion next door called the California Adventure. But that's another discussion. ;)
I think the gumbo in a bread bowl at NO Square can't be beat...and at about $5 was a steal for how filling it is. :)

I do find it's rather telling that the DL voters have been to WDW, while the MK voters are ones who have only been to DLR a few to zero times (I'm guessing more of them are zero than a few times).

You could use the grading of gemstones to compare the parks... Disneyland (just DL, not the whole resort) is like a smaller diamond with C or D color & Very Very Slight Inclusions, while WDW is like a larger diamond with H or I color and Very Slight Inclusions. DL is not perfect, but is beautiful and more complete than any single park in WDW. I know the castle thing is hard for many East Coasters to get over, but once you get past it, you'll discover how much there is to do in DL that MK doesn't have.

This isn't just about ride count, although that plays into it, but there are lots of little things that you can find at DL - like the penny arcade that really only costs a penny, or the main street cinema, or swing dancing at Carnation Gardens on the weekends - that have no real parallel at WDW.

JMHO.

Sarangel

Jeff, I should have talked to you before we left. I wondered about that gumbo. :D

I am definitely a WDW fanatic and have been for many years. I went to DL thinking that it could be disappointing and I ended up being blown away by the park. It's so complete to me, more so than any other park. And strangely enough the smaller castle didn't bother me at all. After all, I always did like Princess Aurora better. ;)

Even though this is a limited sample, its coming out about how I expected it would (and with that and a quarter I can buy a newspaper...)

Anywho, MK is the most popular park in the world, so it follows that it would have the most votes out of the WDW parks.

But MK lovers who have been to DL usually agree that DL is the stronger park, which is why those who have been to both lean towards DL.

I voted for DL, but honestly enjoy all of the parks, even DCA...

I have been to WDW more times than I can remember, I think it is over 25 times now, and DL at least 10 times, lost count there too. I voted for DL.. There is just something about that park that makes MK at WDW almost pale in comparison. Even though it is a smaller park in actual size, it seems that the theming is so much richer.. I really love New Orleans Square and Fantasyland has just an extra umph.. Don't get me wrong I love MK and the other parks at WDW (haven't been to DCA yet) But there is just something special about DL park. Something that is hard to define with words. Maybe it is because you know walking through there that Walt actually had his hand in it's creation. It really is hard to explain to someone who hasn't been to DL yet, it just has a special kind of magic.

Now, comparing resort destination to destination, not seeing the 'new' Disneyland Resort, I would have to say WDW has it ALL Over DLR in California in terms of a total resort destination.

Now, comparing resort destination to destination, not seeing the 'new' Disneyland Resort, I would have to say WDW has it ALL Over DLR in California in terms of a total resort destination.

I definitely agree. DLR closed the gap with the recent expansion, but its still a big gap.

Originally posted by sgtdisney
True, but the draw to Anaheim is that it's DLR & the beach, etc. where as Orlando's draw is pretty much only the parks.

Originally posted by Jeff in BigD

True, but the draw to Anaheim is that it's DLR & the beach, etc. where as Orlando's draw is pretty much only the parks.

This is true, however, I was considering a visit to Disney World Resort or to Disneyland Resort only. For example someone just planning on staying on Disney Property. I agree SoCal has a lot to offer. But then again so does Florida as well.

You forget San Diego. We ran into tons of people who were also planning to visit San Diego and we saw plenty of advertising for destinations in that area. As for me, I LOVED San Diego and can't wait to return. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter