Best resort to start/end your trip?

In the future I think our split stays will end at AKV, but I could be talked into ending a stay at BW or BC for the easy access to the EPCOT food options.

We start at HHI, as the first couple days of Jan are blacked-out for us. Then we try to get BWV standard during January (low points) followed by AKV in early Feb and SSR in late Feb. Next year, however, we’re switching it to:
3 days at HHI, then Jan at SSR, early Feb at AKV, late Feb at BWV.
If we can get PVB Studio at 7 months, we may spend late Feb there.

I’m DVC - I like to start my vacay at an Epcot/HS resort (BCV or BWV) and end with a MK resort (BLT or VGF) except in December where I’ll stay at VWL/BRV - it’s the BEST resort for Christmas!

we start and end with the same resort. No more split reservations.
We are trying our first split stay in August. I think I will be fine but I am not sure my wife will like it.

Do you mind saying what it was that you did not like. I am trying to get ahead of any potential problems but I might have stuff that is beyond my control.

We are trying our first split stay in August. I think I will be fine but I am not sure my wife will like it.

Do you mind saying what it was that you did not like. I am trying to get ahead of any potential problems but I might have stuff that is beyond my control.
I'd guess its packing & unpacking, including the fridge.

I'd guess its packing & unpacking, including the fridge.
I am hoping to only pack 2 bags each. A carry on and a personal pack and pack in a way that one pack is not touched until we move to the second resort.

As for the fridge I was thinking of using Kroger's and have one order for the first half and a second delivery the afternoon of our move.

I was prepared to order in an understanding that some stuff may be left behind. I might start a thread in a few months about what our order will look like to get ideas or advice on what might be a problem. Luckily, we will not be preparing meals just have stuff for a light breakfast or snack.

I am hoping to only pack 2 bags each. A carry on and a personal pack and pack in a way that one pack is not touched until we move to the second resort.

As for the fridge I was thinking of using Kroger's and have one order for the first half and a second delivery the afternoon of our move.
Sounds like you are pretty prepared. :)

I was prepared to order in an understanding that some stuff may be left behind. I might start a thread in a few months about what our order will look like to get ideas or advice on what might be a problem. Luckily, we will not be preparing meals just have stuff for a light breakfast or snack.
This sounds like an interesting thread, can't wait to see it.!

Sounds like a good plan. I think our other dislike is potentially being homeless for several hours, not having freedom to relax in the room on our own schedule.

Great places to start or end!!

Sounds amazing… Anything in-between or just from one to the other.
we sometimes throw in BLT. This year we are throwing in poly. But our true love seems to be bwv and bcv.

Next year, we are not doing bcv bc they are closing down storm along from January to ??? June (?). So maybe we will poly it again!

We just did our first split stay - don’t want to rule it out entirely bc it was a super short trip - 3 days at Crescent Lake, 2 days at AKL. Maybe I would have felt differently if we reversed the order, or stayed longer at each…but I had a hard time finishing the trip at AKL. We still ended up gravitating towards EPCOT & HS even after we were at AKL, which wasn’t ideal…

We just did our first split stay - don’t want to rule it out entirely bc it was a super short trip - 3 days at Crescent Lake, 2 days at AKL. Maybe I would have felt differently if we reversed the order, or stayed longer at each…but I had a hard time finishing the trip at AKL. We still ended up gravitating towards EPCOT & HS even after we were at AKL, which wasn’t ideal…
Yea I only ever plan on staying at AKV at the beginning or at the end, and pretty much only for a day or two (2/3nights), with only going to AK when I’m there.

I could see it being rough to end there on a short trip when you’re not exhausted of the other parks yet. :)

I might prefer to end at OKW. That is a very low stress resort when we are not as gung-ho about the parks. There is nothing like that nice relaxing boat ride to Disney Springs to grab a bite to eat and see what else you can cram in your suitcase while shopping.
We are trying this on upcoming trip. Our first stay there BTW

Unlike the OP I’m not a fan of resort switching when at WDW as we usually already combine with onsite at U or a cruise

Says the woman staying at 4 different resorts during race week next month. In my defense, wasn’t on my bucket list. Pretty sure I will be living out of a suitcase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter