Best Resort Table Service Dinner

ZebraDomeCrazy

Silliness is one of my best qualities!
Hi all! Dh and I are taking a quick 3 night stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, first week of August. This is strictly a relaxation trip - no parks at all. Just hanging out at the resort and pool (pool bar,lol). So, one night we will do Boma, our favorite. One night will be Mara, because we will be at the pool. We are Dvc Members, so we thought we would take a taxi over to BLT, to watch fireworks from Top of The World Lounge. So now, we are thinking maybe we should have a dinner at another resort, before the fireworks. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the Monorail loop, but I guess that would be easiest. What are your favorite resort table service places, on or off the monorail? Also, has anyone ever done drinks and appetizers at places around the monorail loop? How difficult was that to accomplish?

If you're willing to hop on a boat from the Contemporary to WL, they have Territory Lounge, Artist Point, and Geyser Point. Territory Lounge is fabulous, and you can get some of the food from Artist Point there, like the mushroom soup and berry cobbler. I haven't had a chance to try Geyser Point, but it has gotten some pretty good reviews.

If you're willing to hop on a boat from the Contemporary to WL, they have Territory Lounge, Artist Point, and Geyser Point. Territory Lounge is fabulous, and you can get some of the food from Artist Point there, like the mushroom soup and berry cobbler. I haven't had a chance to try Geyser Point, but it has gotten some pretty good reviews.

That's a great idea... do you know if we can eat an entire meal at the Territory Lounge, or just apps? Does Geyser Point serve food, or just drinks? I saw some pics on here, and it looks beautiful! Thank you for your thoughts!

If I was planning dinner for a fireworks evening, I would book Narcoossees. We tend to book a later meal and then have dessert and coffee after having viewed the show from the veranda.

That's a great idea... do you know if we can eat an entire meal at the Territory Lounge, or just apps? Does Geyser Point serve food, or just drinks? I saw some pics on here, and it looks beautiful! Thank you for your thoughts!

Geyser Point serves food and the menu looks amazing! (The menus are on the WDW site)

We've done monorail loop drinks and apps. I would suggest starting at Trader Sams at Poly. The special effects and antics are a lot of fun. The apps there are huge! You could then go to Mizners at GF and end with drinks/apps at Cali Grill Louge. The bar at The Wave is also very nice and you can order from the menu there as well.

Territory Lounge has some meals, but not tons, although what we've had was very tasty. Geyser Point does more meals, and what I've seen looks great!

We ate at Geyser Point and really enjoyed it - the sandwiches are very good and the view is lovely. Territory Lounge has good food, too - you can get a salad and wings, their soup is from Artist Point - all good.

Hi all! Dh and I are taking a quick 3 night stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, first week of August. This is strictly a relaxation trip - no parks at all. Just hanging out at the resort and pool (pool bar,lol). So, one night we will do Boma, our favorite. One night will be Mara, because we will be at the pool. We are Dvc Members, so we thought we would take a taxi over to BLT, to watch fireworks from Top of The World Lounge. So now, we are thinking maybe we should have a dinner at another resort, before the fireworks. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the Monorail loop, but I guess that would be easiest. What are your favorite resort table service places, on or off the monorail? Also, has anyone ever done drinks and appetizers at places around the monorail loop? How difficult was that to accomplish?
If it's just the 2 of you and you'll already be staying there, then You must do Jiko, which many consider one of the top sig's on WDW property.

BTW, Boma's & the MAra are our fav's as well, and so is Sanaa....It's great to have awsome choices at this resort...

Another hidden gem which never get crowded or any love, is @ SSR. The Turf Club

It's a toss-up between California Grill and Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Both have awesome filets. I personally prefer the food at Yachtsman's, but you can't beat the view from California Grill.

I would highly suggest Narcoossee's and Citricos at the GF. And California Grill at the Contemporary.

We like lots of places around the monorail at the resorts. We have stayed on the monorail several times and did the dining plan. CG is probably our favorite and a must do for every trip (sometimes twice). We like the Wave, Kona, bar at Poly, Narcoosies, Citricos (love the live music in the grand floridian lobby). Lots of great options.

Jiko!! We just tried it last week for the first time and it was possibly the best meal we have ever had at WDW.

We really liked Sanaa, which is at Kidani. The Yachtsman Steakhouse, a signature at the Yacht Club, is excellent, too.

I vote for anything in the Wilderness Lodge...or Citricos. I had a 5:00 dinner at Citricos recently, and the restaurant was mellow. Food was good. I liked watching people who were really dressed up on their way to V&A, and just soaking in the Grand Floridian-ness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter