Best Resort for a party of 6?

Bmele

Earning My Ears
What are people’s thoughts? Traveling with my wife, 2 kids (11/6) and grand parents.

Is there anything that’s important to you in a resort? I can’t really speak from experience, but I can share what I’ve found in my research, and including what you’re looking for in a resort might help more experienced posters offer better suggestions.

$$ Art of Animation family suites
$$$ SSR Treehouses or CCV Cabins
$$$$ Grand Villas at Animal Kingdom Lodge, or elsewhere
$$ Off property rent a house

Grandparents have different levels of health/abilities. If stairs are an issue, I would not consider Treehouse Villas. They are great for your group as far as the interior, but I know for my mom that would be a hard no. I guess also consider how important it is for everyone to be in the same room vs. getting 2 rooms, and whether it might make sense to rent a condo-type place (either on or off-site) that would allow you to cook meals, have a living room in which to hang out, etc. Which park/parks do you plan to visit? If your priority is Magic Kingdom, I would say that the Contemporary or Grand Floridian (either 2 rooms or a condo/villa) are most convenient, but from a budget perspective those might not be possible. If Epcot and/or Hollywood Studios are where you will spend more of your time then Beach Club/Yacht Club/Boardwalk/Dolphin/Swan should be considered - either 2 rooms or condo/villas. People seem to like Animal Kingdom Lodge and its villas, and it is nice inside, but personally I find that resort to be too isolated to be a good choice. I agree with a previous poster that the Port Orleans resorts are beautiful and allow boat access to Disney Springs if that is where you want to go; there you would probably need to get 2 rooms. Old Key West also has boat service to Disney Springs, and they have villas there that might be a nice size to accommodate your group if you want to be all in one room. If you will have a car and staying offsite is an option, there are a lot of great condos in the area where you can get 3 bedrooms (and 2-3 bathrooms) which would be desirable for your group, and likely a LOT less money. I guess you have to decide how important it is to be onsite and all in one room, what your budget is like, and also which time of year you are going. If it is a holiday time everything will be much more expensive. Good luck in your choice, and hope you have a great trip!

What are people’s thoughts? Traveling with my wife, 2 kids (11/6) and grand parents.
I would look into renting DVC points and stay at either Animal kingdom villas or Bsy lake towers in a 2 bedroom. There is plenty of room and 3 bathrooms. Nice accommodations very comfortable if not spending full day at the parks

You could do two rooms at any resort. This would be the most comfortable probably. A suite at AOA give you a real bed in a room, then a pull out couch and a murphy bed that are basically in the same room. Will the 11 year old and 6 year old share a bed? If not, maybe look at 2 rooms at a moderate that has the pull down bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter