Best on-site hotel pool

SamRoc

DIS Veteran
Have never stayed at the Universal hotels before, but were wondering from anyones experience, which pool was the best for families with teens. Will be traveling in April and have looked at the website, but sometimes its hard to tell which one will be bigger with less crowds. Thanks.

I was there last April, and the Hard Rock was a fun pool, but pretty crowded. We really like PBH pool, because it had the slide and a waterfall, and was much less crowded. Very quiet actually. Hard Rock had a lot going on, and lots of music. Some teens might prefer it. My teens liked both pools, but liked the less crowded PBH pool better. Not much line for the slide. And this hotel was sold out during this time. You would never know it.

My 2 sons (17 & 15 at the time) enjoyed the hard rock pool. They didn't go over to portofino. My little one (3) enjoyed RPR's pool, it was perfect for him. They can pool hop regardless of where you stay, so it really isn't an issue.

All of them are fun, but my son and I had a blast at the water play area at RPR. We played for hours it seemed like!

We are big fans of the hard rock and have only stayed at the hard rock.I wanted to go for another resort but everyone said no.We go for the 4th of july and they have bands and games at the pool while the fireworks are going off just over the pool so we are going again this year for our 4th stay at the rock.
tiggerguy2000:wave2: :wave2:

For teenagers, I would think the Hard Rock would be the best choice! Plus it is a quick walk to CityWalk and the parks if they are old enough to venture out on their own.

Again, it doesn't matter which resort you choose............ you can use any of the 3 pools.

If you are budget minded......... stay at RPR, and your teens can go to any pool they like best.............. mine did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter