best on new year's?

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
We are planning to be at DL and DCA during the Christmas week and New Year's and was wondering where is the best place to spend New Year's eve. We will be traveling with 3 kids, ages 11,16,and 19. How early do the parks usually close admission for the day and is one park better than the other for this. Are we better off in Downtown Disney? I know everything will be insane but whatever insanity we could minimize would be great.

We frequently spend NYE at Disneyland. Both parks will remain open past midnight. The more insane place is DL. At DCA, there will be a modest countdown near the waterfall behind Grizzly River Run. The crowds will be much quieter. At DL, there is a big countdown with wall to wall people from the castle to the train station. Lots of noisemakers will be going off, and everyone will be wearing pressed confetti plastic party hats that, along with the noisemakers, will be given out starting around 8 or 9 o'clock. Downtown Disney will be busy, too, but I haven't been there at midnight on NYE.

and i'm guessing lots of people wearing lots of things that glow in the dark (like i'll be). gonna be there with my hubby and best friend. i'm gonna be looking all glowy/raver, my hubby wants to go all gothed out, and my friend... he'll just be dressed. :cheer2:

but no matter where you are it will be lots of fun!

Normally I'd say avoid DL on NYE. It's pretty crazy so my advice it to call it an early night, then open the park the next morning. No one will be there until late morning, early afternoon.

But your kids are old enough that they probably would want to be in the park for the big night. There will be countdowns everywhere but DL will have the most going on and therefore be the most fun. They also broadcast live from DL for I think Dick Clark's party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter