• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best non-Disney resort???????

gmc1210

Earning My Ears
Unfortunately,we just decided to vacation at WDW during Easter break and everything is sold out at the Disney resorts. Does anyone have an opinion on the best non-Disney resort to stay at? We need a 2-bedroom and have been looking at the Westgate poperties or the Sheraton Vistana Village. The Westgate Lakes units are about $80./night less than Vistana Village. Do both provide free transportation to the parks? I am also traveing with 2 17-yr. olds. Which one would they like better? Thanks. :bounce:

I don't think that Westgate provides free transportation anywhere - could be mistaken - have you tried the Marriott - the one at dd was having a special.

VV has transportation to the parks. It is complimentary to cash paying guests. I would not use it as my main way to and from the parks. It would be a good supplement to auto transportation, especially if you have early risers or folks who would rather stay later. VV was a beautiful resort. We had no complaints. I have never stayed at a WG property.

The Westgate Lakes units are about $80./night less than Vistana Village.

Where did you get these prices I tried hotelkingdom for the last week in April (you didn't say when you were going) and got $160.90 for a 2-bedroom at Westgate Lakes and only $129.90 for a 2-bedroom at Vistana Villages. Hope this helps.

Consider the RI-LBV
We are staying at the RI-Marriott in LBV in May/02- We got a 2 bedroom suite with shuttle and breakfast for $81/night. A newer Carribean style resort just off 535. Also has nice pool and free hot breakfast. Do I need to say More!!

I think 2 brs are sold out at the RI around Easter.

Herc.

ChiTownZee

I am planning on visiting wdw from March 28-Apr 4 (Thurs to Thurs).
I got those rates thru accomodation locators.com but will try hotelkingdom
and see what I can get for those dates. Thanks for your help! :pinkbounc

WE got a Hampton Inn for $39/night. (I drive/Sandlake Road)

Free breakfast too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter