Best month for a Disney World wedding?

enigmatic595

Earning My Ears
My fiancé and I just got engaged (yay!) and are planning on having a Disney wedding. We're not jumping full-force into planning just yet given the uncertainties of travelling to the US from Canada, but we're wanting to get a rough idea of timing so we know when we can start trying to reach out to Fairytale Weddings.

Currently, we're thinking of a February wedding, but is it too cold for a wedding that month? We'd love to do a dessert party as the reception, so we'll be outdoors in the evening. It's been a long time since I've been to Florida in the winter, but I recall it was a bit chilly.

Are there other months that you all would recommend? We're not a fan of heat, and I'd like to stay away from the rainier seasons.

As someone who also is not a fan of heat, I would definitely recommend January or February. Even March is too hot for me!

Florida weather is super-changeable, but February is a good bet. Generally it is very mild then, and it's one of the lowest rain months of the year. Our wedding was Feb. 4, and it was balmy and beautiful for our outdoor ceremony and dessert party. When we went back a year later for our anniversary, there was an unusal cold snap and our DP had to be moved indoors cuz it was 29 degrees (F) that night. So there's always some uncertainty, but.... I'd say February is still a safe bet!

We had our Disney wedding in February 2020. The weather was PERFECT! Not too hot during the day at the parks and cool at night. The wedding photos were great because we didn’t have to worry about sweating our makeup off😅 We had our reception at California Grill, with outdoor balcony for fireworks view. The weather was cool and was a great change from sweating on the dance floor.

My daughter got married early November (2 years soon), 9 am at Epcot/Italy - . Weather was perfect (for us) !!! Good luck and happy planning.

Last edited:
My daughter was married in February of 2008, we were prepared for cold weather, even had big heaters on stand by for their dessert party at Epcot later in the evening.
It was in the upper 80's that day, you just never know.
But as a Floridian who hates the heat, I would definitely choose a winter month.
Congratulations and good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter