Best hotel options for a family of 6?

jfranklyn

DIS Veteran
I am trying to help my sister and her family put together their first disney trip ever. They have 4 kids - ages 14, 11, 8 and 6. They are also trying to keep the cost down. What is the best hotel options for them? We'd like them to be able to stay on site, but I'm open to ideas both on and off site. Thanks!

It depends on what the criteria is for a "best" option. If price is the criteria, I would suggest one of 2 options -

1. Fort Wilderness Cabin. These will sleep 6 (for in bedroom, and 2 in living room).

2. 2 All Star (or Pop Century) connecting (not adjoining) rooms. Although they cannot guarantee this for regular requests, I have heard that it can be guaranteed when young children are involved.

If a little bit more money is available, then they might want to rent points and get a 2 bedroom at a Disney Vacation Club resort.

If money is not an problem at all, then I would suggest a 2 bedroom at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (due to the ages of the children). Or, at the Beach Club (where they can swim a Storm Along Bay).

The Fort Wilderness Cabins sleep six with a double bed and a bunk bed in the bedroom and a pull-down bed in the living room. They also have a full kitchen to prepare some meals and save some money that way.

I think it is possible to get connecting rooms at a value or moderate resort, which gives them two bathrooms.

They could check into some nearby vacation homes, which often have several bedrooms, bahrooms, and a kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter