**Best hotel for non-disney portion of trip?**

yupikgal

DIS Veteran
We are heading down 5/21-6/3 and part of the trip will be staying at the Fairfield across from DL when we are going to the park, but we also want to experience other things, and would like to maybe move to a different hotel(s) in the area.

We have two teens, and they are wanting to try Knotts Berry, Universal, etc. Do you know of a hotel that is in a good location, reasonably priced, includes breakfast, room to spread out a bit, and is close enough to walk to restaurants, etc. and maybe on a bus route or at least where tour buses pick guests up at? We don't plan on renting a car as far as I know. Thanks!
:confused3

There are a number of suite hotels in the Anaheim area; and I'm sure you'll get a whole bunch of responses from people with their personal preferences.

I like Residence Inn. You can get a studio, 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom unit with cooked breakfast included. It's across the road from Garden Walk, 10 minutes to DL and the ART goes by the back of the property.

I thought that most tours would pick up from any hotel in the area??

There are Embassy Suites located near Knotts, one about a mile south of DL and one North of DL but that one is no where near anything to walk and eat. We like to have the two rooms to branch out and have our own space. The free full breakfast and evening reception are an added bonus!

Thank you for your responses...I really want to try to find one that is near public transportation of some kind, and maybe within walking distance of other entertainment/restaurants. The residence inn sounds good if it's within walking distance of the garden walk place, we've never been! Where does ART go to, btw? You are probably right, the tour buses probably would pick us up from any of the area hotels.

When we move to whichever hotel we choose, we will not be going to DL at all until we go return later the following weekend (we are splitting our 5 day park days because of Splash Mountain not being opened initially) it will mainly be to hang our hats and do other things like Knotts, Universal, etc.

Thanks again for your help!! ;)

Just to clarify because I jumbled them all together. The Embassy by Knotts is within walking distance to Knotts, many restaurants and even close to Mideval Times too, which we enjoyed quite a bit. It is also on a main bus route but I know nothing of California busses and where they go.

As far as I can tell ART only goes to hotels and Disneyland.

Just to clarify because I jumbled them all together. The Embassy by Knotts is within walking distance to Knotts, many restaurants and even close to Mideval Times too, which we enjoyed quite a bit. It is also on a main bus route but I know nothing of California busses and where they go.

As far as I can tell ART only goes to hotels and Disneyland.

OH that's cool! I wouldn't mind staying in that area for a while..the kids would love Midevil Times, I haven't been there for years...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter