best guide book for WDW?

berly1657

Mouseketeer
We are surprising SIL with a trip to WDW for spring break. She has never been to WDW and we would like to give her a guide book for Christmas so she can pick/plan her/our days - actually I think I will plan our days for her (huge planner, I am) and I don't want to miss anything she might want to do.

What's everyones favorite guide book and why? We will be 3 adults and 2 kids 6 & 9)

We will be on annual passes and I am not sure what she will do? 5 day passes

My favorite is "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World."

You get an unbelievable amount of information. The info while being pro-Disney, does point out faults. The touring plans are top notch. A must read for any 1st timer.

The Unofficial Guide is great. He also writes with a sense of humor, so it's actually enjoyable to read. It's a huge book - but well broken down into managable segments, and there are pull out mini-guide pages you can take to the parks. I was very impressed with the whole book - excellent!!!:teeth:

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide...although I do like Birnbaum's too, they're both great!

My DW and I also love the Unofficial Guide. It has a TON of info. We also like the PassPorter. It has plenty of useful information plus pocket pages to put pertinant info or to write our thoughts from that day of your tip. We love getting our "hard" info from the UG and then going to the PassPorter for detailed planning and it is easier to take with you on your trip.

Hi berly1657,

If you're into planning, have you seen the Unofficial Guide's free online trip planner at www.TouringPlans.com/UG? It's got printable forms (in three sizes) for everything from airline, hotel and car reservations, to daily activities, budgets, packing lists and more. Both Walt Disney World and Disneyland can be chosen as destinations.

Hope this helps. You're very kind to be surprising your SIL with a trip.

Len

I think you need both, The Unofficial Guide and Passporter. The Passporter is very helpful in planning the days. We get one of those every trip and it is sitting right now with our airplane tickets MVMCP tickets and a few other things waiting for December 2nd to head home.

I really like the PassPorter. It is well organized and a great resource: detailed info on what activities are available at each resort and resort maps, plus great restaurant info.

Also I like AllEars.Net. Fabulous ideas for non-park day activities.

I personally like the unofficial guide, but I would give Birnbaum's as a gift. It's full of pictures and is a lighter read. It all depends on how much info they want. I just saw my BIL last night who is going with us in Feb. He had lots of guestions for me & I told him I would get him a planning video - He told me he really doesn't need to know, he'll do whatever I tell him to!! Gotta love him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter