Best Disney Reward Credit Card?

meredith1

DIS Veteran
I've been getting offers in the mail from airlines to credit cards since I've booked my trip to Disney.

What Disney reward credit card is the best? That is, offers to best rewards. I'm looking at the Visa that gives you the 200.00 GC after it's first use.

The Disney Visa is the way to go...besides the $200 gift card, there are other perks and discounts tied in with the card. Just my opinion. :)

AFAIK, there's only one Disney reward credit card - the one from Chase VISA. They do come out with different offers all the time to get the card, but it's for the same card.

I just renewed my Annual Pass with the points I have saved up through my Disney Chase Visa :thumbsup2
As long as you pay your bill off every month, it is a great card to have to save up for Disney. If you don't, the interest can be high compared to the other cards that are out there. But to answer your questions.. as another poster has already said, there is only one Disney rewards credit card...and that is the Disney Chase Visa.

As far as up front incentives, the $200 offer is the best I've heard of.

You'll get notified of any discount offers to Disney Visa holders like the recent kids free and free dining promotions. You usually get first crack at those before they become available to the general public. If you book a package using your Disney Visa you get no interest for 6 months. You get $1 reward for every $100 you spend. They occasionally send out offers for 3 or 5 times reward points with certain criteria that must be met. Also you get free 5X7 character M&G photos at Epcot.

To me, it's worth it to get the card for the early access to the discount offers and to fund my trip w/ 6 months no interest. If they are ok with waiting for my money, I'm ok w/ letting them wait.

But for every day use, unless you have a trip coming up and they are offering the 3 or 5 times rewards, I think you're really better off using a cash back incentive card since it doesn't lock you in to spending the money with Disney.

I'm going to move this to the Disney Rewards Programs Board.

We used to have a Disney Visa, but cancelled it quite a few years ago. We are looking to go in December and I am trying to figure out how to get a Disney Visa offer. I have a Mastercard from Chase (Marathon). I put my name on the "no credit card offers" a couple of years ago. I emailed Chase through my Mastercard, but they weren't of any help. I was thinking about placing an order through the Disney store thinking that I might see offers come in through that. Any thoughts? Suggestions? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter