BEST character dinner or lunch

kd2226

Earning My Ears
Would love some advice on the best character meal for a family with 2 children ages 10 and 7. We are not big breakfast eaters, so a dinner would probably be best, or possibly a lunch. Would also like to know what characters can be expected at the different venues. :thanks:

kd2226 said:
Would love some advice on the best character meal for a family with 2 children ages 10 and 7. We are not big breakfast eaters, so a dinner would probably be best, or possibly a lunch. Would also like to know what characters can be expected at the different venues. :thanks:

I see from your signature that you have one DD and one DS. That eliminates my suggestion of the Princess lunch at DCA :teeth: I think the only other non-breakfast meal is Goofy's at the DLH. Since it has a mixture of characters, it would probably be most suitable for your 2 kids.

Here are some links to dining menus. I think the characters rotate a bit, but maybe you'll find that listed. (I haven't been to DLR yet, so I can't answer your questions first-hand):
http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/dl/menus.shtml
http://www.mickeyxtreme.com/dlrdining.htm
http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm#dl
http://www.dlresortinfo.com/

I have two kids (9,7) and we have done all the character meals at least once during our trips to DLR. My suggestion is, especially if your kids are not buffet-eaters, to try the Lilo and Stitch Breakfast at PPH. We love that meal! You can order off the menu, food is good, and it is less crowded than Goofy's. There is much more character interaction for your kids--during our last visit in May, my girls played three games with Lilo etal during our 60 minute visit. At the breakfast, we saw Lilo, Stitch, Minnie, Daisy, Goofy, Chip (or Dale!?!) and one of the princesses (I think it was Cinderella--have to check the photos).

Another meal we like a lot is the Plaza Inn Breakfast. It is soo nice to be directly in the park and then head out to rides after eating. My hubby always runs and gets FP while we are eating! It is a buffet though--my kids never eat a lot but the characters are fun. My advice is to get the earliest seating available. And yes, you can get ressies before the park opens! You walk through the stores on the right side and then the CMs will let you pass the rope to go to the Plaza Inn. It is less hectic during the earlier seatings--the later is gets in the morning, the more negative experiences with the characters! We have been there when people who didn't pay for the breakfast have come in and commandeered a table! We have seen numerous characters at the Plaza--in fact, usually my girls get enough characters in that we don't wait in line the rest of the day!

disneyochem said:
My advice is to get the earliest seating available. And yes, you can get ressies before the park opens! You walk through the stores on the right side and then the CMs will let you pass the rope to go to the Plaza Inn.

How much earlier before the park opens can you get reservations? I think this might be a good idea to do on a non early entry day?

The Plaza Inn doesn't give out ressies for times prior to park opening (unlike WDW). So, if the park opens at 8, then the earliest would probably be 8 or 8:05 (to give the holder time to walk back there.

Unless they have changed it, we had ressies at the Plaza Inn one morning last November at 8:30 a.m. when the park opened at 9. People were lined up next to the rope drop but we just scooted along in the stores to the end and then were let through to the Plaza Inn for breakfast. I think there were earlier seatings since there were a number of people in the restaurant when we arrived.

I was concerned about the fact that our ressies were before the park opened but the conciege at GCH told us not to worry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter